Friday, June 02, 2006

Project Friday

Summary: Went to Vernon's house for an Additional Mathematics project with Yoshida and Alvin.

Woke up at 7.30am. Went to find some suitable clothes to wear, but my stupid freaking bloody mother decided to throw all the clothes that I wore outside out of the darn bloody window. Thank you, my dear mom, I love you. *rolls eyes* More like "I love to point a middle finger and send you to the depths of hell". (And if you think I am incorrect to say that, let's watch your reaction, face and hear what you say when your dear mother throws away all your FAVORITE (I still think that only making it capital, bold and underline doesn't simply do justice to my favorite clothes.) clothes. If you don't run to the kitchen, grab a chopper and a chopping board, you are either a very filial son who doesn't deserve to live in this world, your mother is so chio that you rather kill every single person in this world than her, or choppers are simply not your favored weapon and that you simply just went into the toilet for a broom and a mop.

After playing some short while of RuneScape, I went outside for breakfast at 8.30am, wearing my father's gigantic blue clothes with a darn collar and my pair of school long pants. So stylo milo. *rolls eyes*

Stylo milo: Stylish, fashionable

Went to Tampines Mart for breakfast, which is ironically two pieces of toast with kaya, two half-boiled eggs and a cup of coffee that has not enough condensed milk.

Kaya is a jam made from coconuts and eggs, favoured by the unique pandan leaf, and sweetened with sugar.

Took a bus to Tampines MRT Station. Was supposed to meet up with Yoshida there at 9.30am, but I arrived there at 9.05am, so I took a long walk around Tampines Central. Came back at 9.25am, and he was still not there yet. *rolls eyes* Luckily he arrived at 9.29am, he was talking about whoever is late shall do ten push-ups for every single second he is late for. XD We took the MRT to Pasir Ris MRT Station, where Vernon is supposed to come and fetch us to his house at 10pm. Since we arrived at 9.35am, we went to White Sands for a long walk, including walking (the escalators were not in operation so early -_-) up all the way to find the arcade being in renovation, then going down to Shop N Save to window-shop. ^_^"

In the end, Yoshida bought a bottle Jasmine Green Tea (which is sure to incur Vernon's wrath ^_^") while I bought a bottle of Coca-Cola. We went back to Pasir Ris MRT Station at 9.55am and waited around for Vernon. We finished our drinks at 10.05am (Vernon is late for 5 minutes... ), and continued waiting until 10.10am, where Yoshida finally got frustated and asked me to give Vernon a wake-up call.

So I called him, shouted "Bub! Wake-up call! Wake-up call!!!", and that bastard still had the nerve to ask loudly "WHAT?!" After Yoshida explained everything to the forgetful bub, he promised to come. Yoshida wanted to go to White Sands some more. I went with him. We were outside Comic Connection (it was not opened yet). I was admiring the sexiness of the controller of the Xbox 360, while Yoshida was admiring the beauty of the girls in the comic.

So we hanged around at some bench in the shopping mall, I listening to my MP3 player while he looked at the cleaner cleaning. Yoshida decided to wait until 10.30am before going to the MRT station, so we hanged around until that time. He was correct. Vernon was still not in the MRT station. So we waited, and he came at a while. I almost cannot recognize him, haha. XD Wearing our school's orientation T-shirt and having a hairstyle that reminds you of Shaolin monks, who can recognize him at first?

And we walked a long ten-minute walk from the MRT station to his house. The exciting journey included many obstacles, like "an attack from an army of umbrella people", "invisible backstabbing ninjas", "deep, long and flooded rivers that we have to cross", "tall, steep mountains with hazardous weathers" and "stupid security guards who think Vernon is a visitor of his own condos", we finally made it to his house, though exhausted and dirty with blood and mud, we are still happy that we made it. XD

So we started on the project. Did not really do much in the morning. We only finished the Player Characters and their skills. We were animating Alvin's Body Slam attack when Alvin called. Talk about the Chinese proverb: "Cao Cao arrives when you talk about him."

Speaking of Cao Cao, I have a rough idea what my next blog song will be. Just watch and see tomorrow. ;)

We took a bus to Pasir Ris MRT station and waited for Alvin for like five minutes before deciding to just go to McDonald's to have lunch. After Yoshida and I ordered, Yoshida decided to go to the MRT station to look for him. He came back late, with an Alvin wearing an old school PE (Physical Education) T-shirt and a long pair of school pants that does not make me feel embarrassed about wearing school pants. Vernon later came back with his food, and the three of us started eating. Vernon then received a SMS from his father asking him to buy newspaper and coca-cola. Still got add one "tq" at the end ("TQ" is supposed to mean "thank you". Don't ask why "ty" is not used.). Alvin joined us later.

Yoshida ate finished first (Meh, I was taking my own sweet time -_-). Not wanting to lose to teh slow eater (Vernon! :D), I activated "TURBO MODE!" (:D) and ate darn fast. Not surprisingly, I finished second. Yoshida and I decided to go to Comic Connection while Alvin and Vernon slowly eat their lunchs. As expected, Alvin came later, finishing faster than Vernon. Vernon came last, and we spent some time in the shop before deciding to leave. Vernon went to buy newspapers for his father, so the three of us instead went to the library. After walking around aimlessly, we went back to the MRT station and journeyed to Vernon's house, where an army of umbrella men waited in the mountain and river, laying ambush on us...

We arrived and finished the items, potions, weapons, armour and accessories. I must say, I did the most work. Second was Vernon, he did some typing when my hands grew tired. Third goes to Yoshida and Alvin, tied. They only gave ideas for the descriptions of the potions.

Then we finally went on to the programming itself. We spent a long time programming the introduction, where Vernon talks to the player about the game, introducing Yoshida and I meanwhile. Alvin, being late because he ate too much in McDonald's, came rushing up shouting "WAIT FOR ME!" and having too much inertia, banged into us. Stars erupted. The three of us jumped back. Then Vernon continued introducing the game to the player, until he reached the word "proness", when I ran away shouting "For goodness' sake!", Yoshida ran away shouting "(...What did he shout again? :P)." and Alvin ran away shouting "Oh my God! Not the "pro" speech again!!". Vernon replied "But I am a pro!", and the three of us ran into the screen off opposite directions screaming "Help me!" "The pro speech!" "Guards!". Vernon turned around and said "Hey, guys, come back.".

Samy: No thanks!!
Yoshida: Over my dead body!
Alvin: NEVER!!!

Vernon then cursed (don't worry, it has been censored :P), then said "Anyway, enjoy this pro game made by the pros!".

Around this time, we went to watch Numa Numa Dance to compared Yoshida with Gary Brolsma. I'll give it 80% similarity. ;)

We spent the whole evening programming the opening scene. It is in a hall in the castle, where in three thrones sit King Robert, Queen Victoria (Thanks to Justin, Vernon's brother, for the names) and Princess Jasmine. Three monsters came. Two killed the two guards with some magic (which I got scolded just because I made them shout out the names of the skills before they did the skills. Come on, it's like that in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits too. -_-), then the third one came forward to kidnap Princess Jasmine. Her dog defended its owner, but a simple earth magic from the third monster sent the dog to meet its ancestor. Then the monster kidnapped Jasmine and fled. Vernon swore to rescue Jasmine at all cost, and that is how the game begins...

Still remember Vernon's father sending Vernon a SMS during lunch? My father did the same. But read on.

1st SMS: "You come home buy white"

Buy white what? o.O

2nd SMS: "You come home buy white break"

Vernon asked what does "white break" means. I'm glad I understand it actually means "white bread". -_- Or am I supposed to buy a brick and a can of white paint, throw the brick into the paint, fish it up and break his head with it? -_- And no thank you some more. -_- That reminds me. I forgot to demand him for money. -_-

As I left, Vernon said he is going to "renovate" his house. I won't be surprised if he ended up with a twenty-storey building as a stupid house while the rest of us only had one bed and a chair as a "house". No worries, I got a back-up copy!! :D

No comments: