Sunday, May 25, 2008

Raitei Shourai!!





Damn WDS homework is giving me a headache. Three concepts drawn with colour pencils?? What the fuck?? I suck at drawing using colour pencils, God damn it!! I sent an e-mail to the lecturer asking if I can use computer graphics. X3 I hope she replies as soon as possible, lol. If not, seriously, colour pencils... ;_____; I'll go emo and stab myself with the colour pencils. ;_;

Meanwhile, even if I have proficiency in using colour pencils, I have no inspiration!! Ugh, God damn it. Since my website topic is "Famous Districts in Singapore (Changi Village)", I guess I will have to make a trip to Changi Village later for dinner, go around the place and taking a lot of photos for inspiration purposes.

So, I think I'll be doomed. Ugh.

Oh, as for the actual implementation of the layout, I thought I would just be lazy and take a photo of Changi Village, then vectorize it using Vector Magic, and then slap it as the background or something. Works well for me, heh. As an experiment, I did a vector with a photo I took at Changi Village last time (sadly, this one can't cut it for a website layout D:).

Existing picture:


Vectorized result:


Excellent, man! Steady nia! Hoseh liao!! XD



Went to Changi Village at night for dinner, taking a few photos along the way. Can't actually use any of them, since it was 8pm when I reached there. The sky was freaking dark, spoiling the damn effect. I guess I'll have to make another trip there to take photos next time. Ugh. Meanwhile, the table at the hawker center there which my father and I sat at for dinner was numbered...



Reminds me. Bakudou no Roku-Juu-Ichi: Rikujou Kourou! (Way of Binding number 61: Six Rods Prison of Light!)





30 Firemaking experience to Level 99 Firemaking, lmao. I'm going to get it in two weeks, at the start of the holidays, when I will get my membership back. XD



Was playing RuneScape when Shadow7 started talking about Java, so I decided to ask him one question out of curiosity that I always had ever since they started teaching Java in PRSP.

I don't understand what "public static void main" means though
What its purpose is and why it is compulsory to insert it


And copying down his reply for my own reference made my hand hurt. ;_;

Because it's so heavily based on objects
The "main" line is the line that the program will begin with
It's public so it can be recognized by an outside program
Static because it's not an object
And void because it doesn't return anything
Basically, anything that's static won't be object-based
To put it in context, let's say you have some "car" class
You can make thousands of car instances with that class
But each one will have its unique set of variables
If you make one variable 'static', it will be the same
No matter which instance of car you're referring to
So basically, "static" pulls it out of the object-oriented realm
Your program itself is not an object
So the main class needs to be declared static
When it comes down to it, though, you put in
"public static void main" because they tell you to :)
Just consider it syntax
It has a meaning, but it's not really important to understand
Kind of like System.Out.Println
That whole sequence of commands has a meaning at each point
But all you really need to know is that the overall command
Will print out a line
One trick people do a lot, though, is that while main is static
Let's say you're running a program called "game"
They'll actually make an instance of game
And then call it from within main
That turns the primary function from a static one
Into an object
And main's function becomes little more than starting that object
As a side note, main is only used in stand-alone programs
If you run the program as an applet, you don't use main
What's kind of cool about it, though, is that you can
Make a program both an applet and a non-applet doing that
If it's run as an applet, it will start with the init function
If it's run as a non-applet, it will start with the main function
So doing that, you can start off a little differently
And then have the two merge into the same coding later


I guess I should really note this down. :3

No comments: