Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A big thanks

First off, before I start off today's blog post, I would like to take some time off first to thank my wonderful classmates from C205, who took time off their busy schedule, especially during that really boring WDS lesson, to come give my blog a visit and spam my tagboard like there is no tomorrow. A few names of honour that I would like to particularly mention include
  • Melvin, who was the very first to start this and whom I also caught spamming my tagboard during INCG class (please, that Syaoran and Sakura blog banner was just so freaking obvious, even from two computers away),
  • Kok Keong, who was the second and very gladly publicize my blog to the rest of our classmates,
  • Jinyao, who at least spammed some informative stuff (yeah, I'm sure I will never again forget for the rest of my life that Hitsugaya's Bankai is named "Daiguren Hyourinmaru".),
  • Jiahao, who sacrificed himself and broke the "mature" image I had of him just to tag my tagboard (I always thought that he was a mature guy who hates childish stuff... until today.),
  • Khai Ming, so called Mr. Blizzard (I really hope that you can get a job at Blizzard when you grow up, pal ^^),
  • and well, all the rest of you who spammed but I don't know anything about you. You know who you are. Pat yourself on the back for managing to tag behind my back without my knowledge, you did a good job. :)
Oh yes, wait~~! Before you pat yourself on your back, check with yourself first if your name is Shi Hui or not. If your name is, don't pat yourself. I knew what you were up to, just that I couldn't remember your name while typing up the list in the previous paragraph just now. ^^

I must admit that I find this particularly ironic. I remember a year ago, my tagboard can go empty for weeks and months, with no one coming to tag, and I'll be so sad thinking up of thoughts such as, "Does no one care about my blog...? ):" and "Why is my tagboard so empty while others are so full? T_T" Now, I do not even need to entertain such thoughts. I get replies coming in every bloody minute! Whoohooooo!

And now, with this done, let's move on to the blogging of today! :D

P.S.: And Kok Keong just came and sent me a SMS asking me when I'm updating my blog. Wow, I feel so honoured that my blog is being read so feverishly by so many people. ^^

P.P.S.: I would be more glad if you guys can post something relevant to my blog posts on the tagboard. After all, that is ultimately what my tagboard is for. But then again... meh. Bombs away, spam all you want. It's not that my tagboard is used for any important stuff anyway.



Hmmmm, somehow, on board the bus to school this morning, I realized the huge numbers of day which I have not took a bus to school in the morning, lol, since the road suddenly seems all unfamiliar to me. :P I arrived in TP half an hour early, and decided to go to where the first lesson of the day takes place first, to check if there are anybody there. Imagine my surprise to see Jian Shun sitting at the corridor outside the lab and playing his PSP, with Aaron sitting beside him watching him play, thirty long minutes before the lesson even starts! XD

I sat down beside Jian Shun and took my manga out to read. It's rather fascinatingly weird that while others bring textbooks to school, I myself bring manga... XD For today, it's Bleach volume 30. Yeah, the one with Kaien-dono smiling so sweetly in the volume cover with the huge words in blue, "THERE IS NO HEART WITHOUT YOU." XD And guess what? I managed to spend thirty minutes reading it and finishing it entirely (was reading at normal speed, taking my time to read the words and enjoy and appreciate the artwork), and the lecturer still isn't here yet. -.-

Damn it, I need to get a new manga volume into my bag. ;_; Hmmmm, any suggestions? I've seem to bring my whole entire manga collection one by one. -.-

The first lesson for today is an one-hour tutorial on WDS (Web Design), where, as I have mentioned in my blog post just now, everyone is placing more priority in having fun spamming my tagboard then paying attention to the lecturer going through Tutorial 3 with us. -.- Man, screw CMSK1 (Effective Interpersonal Communication), we need to learn Effective Priority Placing. Urgently. =.=

The next lesson is a three-hour long lab session on INCG (Introduction to Computer Games), held conveniently just next door. The lecturer, who is also our care person, first started off with a few care group stuff. First, we need three volunteers for something something. No one bothers. Our lecturer mentions, "SEAL points will be rewarded." Hands immediately come flying straight up, including mine. XD In the end, Qiyang, Jurene and I were chosen. Yes. As you can probably tell by reading the phrase "something something", even I have no idea what the bloody hell I have just signed myself up for. ^^

The next thing was to get five people to visit some SAF thingy. Yes, SAF. Singapore Armed Forces. The good thing, you get to pon WDS and CMATHS1 lecture, both of which seem rather slow, boring and meaningless. XD But meh, I don't feel like going if I don't have any friends going as well, lol, so I hesitated raising my hand. It didn't help either that the lecturer added, "You get no SEAL points for going there." Rofl. XD Just shows the whole entire class' greed and desire for those stupid SEAL points. :P

Aaron, who happened to be sitting beside me, asked me if I would like to go or not. Well, sure, anything. It might be beneficial to go there and check stuff there out, and being able to pon those two boring lectures sure sound a plus. XD But ah, too late, two places already taken by Yong Han and Jian Shun, with three more places left. Aaron and I happened to raise our hands up at the same time with Kok Keong, Kenny and Jurene, and the lecturer chose both Kok Keong and Kenny who were both sitting behind. With one place left, ah... ladies first. Aaron and I both withdrew so Jurene gets to go, haha.

The next thing the lecturer shows us is a list of the credits for Grand Theft Auto IV. I initially thought that his purpose in showing that to us was to show us how huge a game developing team can get, how many people there are working on each section of the game, etc. Until he finally shows his true colours... His name is in there, and he would just like to show it off to us. -.- Lol! XD Well, guess he's our care person for the next three years, I might as well be a little proud of him, I suppose. Uh-hem. *clears throat*

Search for the name "Michael Garry" in GameFAQs' list of credits for Grand Theft Auto IV!! My lecturer is one of the seven AI/Physics/Animation Programmers working on such a popular and great game!! XD

And the main thing that we were supposed to do for this particular week's lab session is to listen to a podcast titled "Developers are from Jupiter, Marketers are from Saturn: Learn the Secret Codes for Working with a Marketing Team", during which we were supposed to take down notes, and after that, we had to write up a 400-word essay about it in our INCG groups. I was trying my best to pay attention so that I could take down relevant notes, but soon, the soft volume and their accent (which means that it was difficult for me to listen to it properly), and the fact that they kept talking about irrelevant stuff, soon made me extremely bored.

Yes, I was so bored that I went writing these two particular sentences in the notes: "If you wanna see it that badly, I guess I'll show you. The wait's over, old man. This is my Bankai." and "You won't be able... to keep up with me any more. All of my techniques... are going to evolve by one step! Gear Second!!". Yes, I was that bored. =.= Well, it's much better than Melvin. He was playing RuneScape, and later, even Neopets. =________________=

I could tell how bored I was by myself... when I was observing Melvin play... =.= Yeah, first he was hanging out at the forest south of Falador (at least that is what it looks like to me from two computers away. Aaron was sitting between us). He then teleported to Lumbridge using the Lumbridge Home Teleport spell, wandered around, went to Bob's Axes, then meh, just logged off. Man, that's just what he does in RuneScape...? =.=

Note: I have no idea why I would blog about this. Next.

The five of us (Qiyang, Kenny, Jurene, Jian Shun and I) had to go for the Microsoft Office Academic Skills Challenge Preliminary Selection halfway through the lesson. Qiyang and I were particularly enthusiastic about going, while Jurene and Jian Shun were the complete opposite lmao, so after the two of us went to inform the lecturer about our departure, Qiyang had to persuade Jurene and Jian Shun to go, while I just left the lab room by myself, taking note to grab Kenny and drag him out along the way. XD

Along the way to where the test takes place, walking down the stairs, I encountered a "He looks freaking, freaking familiar to me, but I just can't tell who the heck he is" guy, who also looked at me with a rather friendly face, like he knows me too. I stared at him for like a second or so before he shouts my name. I was particularly wondering, "Eh, just who the hell is this guy? C'mon, brain, think!! Think!!" Then he told me that... he was Shan Shui.

My jaws freaking dropped, man. Freaking dropped. He was my classmate five years ago, back in Primary 6, and was so fat that the Chinese teacher, in particular, just loved to mock him about it. But what the hell happened to him? He looks so thin now compared to five years ago!! When I SMSed Hong Wei about it (I'd like to include the fact that I have at least two "what the fuck" phrases in that SMS ^^), he replied, "When he in dunman alread like tat liao.. Shock rite.." (Note: Hong Wei and Shan Shui were also in the same secondary school.)

For some reason, today's test of Excel seems a lot easier than yesterday's test of Word, lol! I took Kenny's advice yesterday and searched for Offline Help this time, with the result of saving a lot of time, and I had five minutes left after I completed this test. ^^ I got... mwahahaha, a score of 90%. :D And there I was, both happy and sad. Happy that I got such a high score, and sad that the others are going to hate me for getting such a high score. ;_____;

Qiyang got 88%. Mwahahaha! Knowing that particularly made me even happier. Yesterday he owned me by 1%, now I paid the favour back and pwned him by 2%! Mwahahaha!! :D Kenny got 53%. *pokes Kenny* :3 I even remembered that after I finished, I helped Kenny in his questions for the last five minutes, lol. It was easy for me to help him, since I just finished said questions. XP Haha, Kenny, you would probably fail if not for my help... XP Jurene and Jian Shun both got 68%, lol. Ooooooh. :P

We went back to class, but we took a little detour to the cafeteria first, because both Jurene and Qiyang were feeling hungry, since they didn't eat breakfast before coming to school. The four of us, after they finished buying bread, took the stairs while Jian Shun went and took the lift by himself, lol. We returned to INCG class, and guess what? Wan Xiang and Yong Han, the two people left in our group, has already done like 98% of the whole freaking assignment!! XD

Yeah, they wrote 392 words, and wow, they were so kind to let me have the honour of typing the last four words... XD I think that it is just that they didn't know what last words to add... :P But hey, two of them doing so much stuff, I must admit, it is already applaudable. :) I raised the word count to more than 400 by elaborating on a few sentences here and there. Haha, my specialty is making words appear out of thin air so that sentences looks longer. XD

I sent the Word document to the teacher using OLE (Online Learning Experiment), and the lecturer then showed his screen on the visualizer, so we are able to confirm if our essay has reached him or not. I particularly realized that people do not like to submit stuff using their own name. Jiahao submitted his in Kenny's name, Kuan Wei submitted his in Qiyang's name, and I submitted ours in Jian Shun's name. XD

The lecturer dismissed us half an hour early (yay! ^^), so we had two hours and a half of lunch time, lol. The thirteen of us (Jian Shun, Yong Han, Melvin, Aaron, Khai Ming, Shi Hui, Shiro-chan, Jurene, Kenny, Kok Keong, Qiyang, Jiahao and me) initially wanted to go to KFC to eat, but upon reaching there, we realized that the restaurant is choked full, so we decided to go to McDonald's instead.

Upon nearly reaching McDonald's, some of us announced that they spotted Melvin walking into McDonald's, yet we didn't see any sight of him when we reached the restaurant. Alas, one person just walked away from our group, and I am sad to admit that I didn't even notice nor realize that, lol. I remembered that the last time I saw Melvin was at KFC, then... meh. I'm not even sure if the person the others saw walking into McDonald's is really Melvin or not, lol! But sigh, the sad fact is that one person has gone missing from our group of thirteen. I loudly announce, "MIA count: One." (Note: MIA stands for "missing in action" by the way ^^)

Yay, there are empty tables in McDonald's!! ^^ Well, outside, where there isn't aircon, but oh well. It's difficult to find a place to fit all twelve (now that Melvin has disappeared ):) of us, lol... There were three empty tables just next to each other, but the one at the extreme right (from my point of view from where I was sitting during the meal, of course XD) had bird shit on it, lol, so the others got an empty table just in the row behind me (from where I was sitting, again ^^), lol.

There is hidden message, I must admit this time, but it's boring details and info. Skip it. Ignore it. It doesn't really matter. Oh, and haha, Qiyang, Shi Hui and I were all eating the same exact thing among our table - an upsized McChicken student meal. XD

After our meal, Kok Keong suggested going to Kenny's house, and everyone was going along, except for Shiro-chan (who told us that he would rather go to the library back in TP and look for chio bu. He came along with us later anyway. ). In the end, all twelve of us went, except for Yong Han, who decided to go back to TP instead. Ouch. It pains me to loudly announce, "MIA report: One. Casualty report: One."

Did I mention that it was freaking raining? Generally, our group is divided into four subgroups. The first subgroup fears nothing, and no cloud, no squall shall hinder us, so forget about even freaking mentioning some small, little rain! (This group consists of Kenny, Qiyang and me) The second subgroup, sadly a majority, consists of the wimps whose skin will corroded when they touch rainwater. Since this group has, umm... such a negative description, I guess I shall not mention their names. ^^ The third group is an intelligent bunch. They know to bring their own freaking umbrellas to counter the effect of the rains. Unfortunately, there's only Jian Shun and me in this group, but since I'm so freaking lazy to even take my umbrella out, I guess I belong more to the first group. ^^ The last group, consisting exclusively of only Jurene, is a group where people all rush to, willing to offer their umbrellas, but instead, they use their jackets instead. -.- Search me.

The journey from the bus stop where we alighted at to Kenny's house was rather far, lol. The rain didn't help, since there wasn't a continous linking shelter between the two points. Oh, and I would like to particularly note that we walked through two multi-storey carparks just to avoid the rain. -.-

Reached Kenny's house at last. Jian Shun was playing his PSP alone, lmao, while a bunch of us (Shiro-chan, Jurene, Shi Hui, Kok Keong, Aaron at the beginning, Qiyang near the ending and me) were playing Big Two, haha. Lol, I've only managed to win twice... T______T Oh well. The rest, including Khai Ming, Kenny and Jiahao, were playing Command & Conquer 3 on Kenny's computer and his particularly small monitor screen. XD



I literally laughed my ass off when I saw with my own eyes just how freaking small his monitor is.

Shiro-chan got bored by the monotony while playing Big Two and suggested that the losers do a forfeit. And his brilliant idea? The losers do push-ups equal to the number of cards remaining in his or her hand, which doubles when it is ten or more. -.- Win already lor. I got ten cards in my hand once, and I had to do twenty push-ups. Damn it, been so long since I did any, my hands felt like jelly after said twenty push-ups, lol. I'm getting weak.

I find it funny that Kenny would come to me halfway while I was watching them play (since there were like six of us, we took turns, with the losers staying out for one game) and ask me how to convert a decimal number into hexadecimal. -.- Come to think of it, we were supposed to have a CMATHS1 lecture at 3pm, but all of us followed Shiro-chan's suggestion and pon it. XD Aaron and Jian Shun were initially wanting to go back to school to attend the lecture, but I guess they ended up changing their minds in the end, LOL.

Qiyang took his laptop out, and when he lost interesting in playing on it and wanted to play Big Two instead, I borrowed his laptop, lol, and played Blizzard's Tower Defense, lmao. Was leaking so freaking much (hey! "Leaking" and "freaking" rhymes!! XD) in the beginning that I got fed up, whipped out my "GreedIsGood" cheat code (which gives me a lot of money :D) and spammed towers like crazy shit. Then it got boring, lol. ;___;

Jurene broke my record of doing the most push-ups. She ended up with twenty-two, lmao. And during the last game, she had to do twelve more, and Qiyang, Jian Shun and I all rushed to help her do them, lol... Each of us did three, lmao, though I did five for the sake of fun. XD And Kok Keong also told me that for the last game, the forfeit got doubled, rofl (no wonder Jurene had to do twelve. She wasn't that sucky :P), and Shiro-chan got ten cards in his hand left when the game ended, so he had to do forty push-ups!! Rofl.

Moral of the story: Do not suggest bad forfeits, because in the end, you are still going to be the one to do it. A lot of it. XD

We were running late for our next lesson, so Shiro-chan postponed doing his push-ups to tomorrow. Okay, gotta get a high-definition video camera ready for tomorrow... It was rather funny that just when we were crossing the road to get to the bus stop, the green light started blinking (in laymen terms, it is going to turn red anytime without further warning), and a bus 69 (the bus we intended to take to TP) just came, stopping before the red light (when pedestrians are facing a green light, the traffic will have to face a red light. Imagine both going green at the same time. Good game for the pedestrians. Good game.), so all of us were running and rushing to the bus stop, haha, all eleven of us. XD

Just after we boarded the bus and got a seat, the bus driver (who was an old auntie) came to us and asked to see Jurene's EZ-Link card. Turns out she was still using her blue one (for secondary school and junior college students), whereas she was supposed to use her orange one (for polytechnic students). Her blue one ended up being confiscated, leaving the rest of us all confused about why it was taken, and how the bus driver knew, lol.

Oi! Eleven-on-one? Who would win and who would lose? XP But none of us really had the courage nor motivation to go and confront the bus driver... Some more she's female leh... I sighed, knowing that such an event happened a year ago (to be exact, on 13 May 2007). We are such cowardly wimps compared to that JC guy... *shakes heads*

Anyhow, I'm glad to make it back to TP with only a MIA count of one and a casualty count of one. It could be much worse, you know...? XP We went to our next lesson, a two-hour lab session of PRSP (Problem Solving and Programming). More playing around with Alice. The software, not the girl. Thank you very much. ^^ I just realized that there are still so many things I do not know how to do with Alice, lol. Hope the lecturer can teach at a much, much faster pace. There's so many things I wanna learn... XP

Went home with Aaron and Kenny. ^^

No comments: