Friday, May 02, 2008

Eat this!! This is my... RAIJUU SHOOT!!

I am All Japan's ace striker...
Who else besides me can score the tying goal?!
Eat this!! This is my... RAIJUU SHOOT!!



What a drag... We weren't supposed to have lessons on Friday, but since we missed a four-hour long lesson of VisLit (Visual Literacy & Storyboarding) yesterday, the lecturer wants it back, so we have to go to school today for her stupid little make-up lesson. How troublesome.

I went to school an hour early because there was pretty much nothing for me to do at home. Went to the library and read a book for half an hour to kill time, then went to the classroom where the lesson is. I'm the first person there, lol, though Kuan Wei came very shortly later, about a minute or so, lol. We were sitting at the corridor outside the classroom (me reading the Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 19 that I brought along ) when we decided to enter the classroom fifteen minutes later. The lecturer was already inside, lol, chatting on MSN. XD

Sigh... The more I saw other peoples' VisLit assignment, the more depressed I get, lmao. Almost everyone drew so well! Except for me, mine looks like shit when I compare it with others'. Especially Aaron's and Rosanne's... Theirs are like godlike!! Oh well, to quote Sanji from One Piece, "Everyone has things that they can and can't do. Leave this guy's key to me. I'll do what you can't do. You do what I can't do! Think carefully. Read the situation!"

After everyone looked at each other's work (we were supposed to pin up our own work on the board), the lecturer started this week's lecture. There was something in the lecture about the five elements of design. Before the lecturer told us what they are, she tried to test our knowledge at first, and asked if anyone knew what the five elements are.

The first thing I thought of were the five elements in Naruto. o.O



While KK immediately said "金木水火土。 (metal, wood, water, fire and earth)". Lol! The fire elements in Chinese philosophy.



And to think the five elements of design are line, shape, colour, texture, and I forgot the last one (^_____^"). Yeah, we weren't even close. Go figure. Good game.

After the lecture was over, we were given a half-an-hour long break, when we all went to the book store to buy markers, because the lecturer told us that we needed to have one for VisLit lessons and assignments, lol... Me and four other people (including Yong Han and Wan Xiang) also thought of buying our INCG (Introduction to Computer Games) textbooks, but guess what? Out of stock again. And we have to wait three weeks for it to be in stock... Good game.

And then here comes this week's VisLit assignment. We were supposed to draw up graphical images representing these six words - "order", "increase", "bold", "congested", "tension" and "playful", using only four squares in each image. And what the hell, thanks to the teacher allowing us to draw the four squares at any 3D angles, we have people coming up with rectangles, lines, triangles, rings, cones and even circles. -_- Might as well just let us draw any shape? -.-

After the end of lesson, a group of the seven of us (Aaron, Kenny, Jian Shun, Jia Hao, Jurene, Rosanne and me) went to VivoCity to watch the movie Iron Man. Rofl, Kenny and I put our A3-size VisLit assignment in Aaron's A3-size file so the two of us don't have to carry it around with us. XD Thanks a lot, Aaron! :D

We took bus 69 to Bedok. Stupid Kenny. He messed up scanning his EZ-Link card at the scanner when we were boarding the bus. First he taps his card, but it shows error, then he taps it again. I then impatiently tap mine, and the reader beeps, but that was in response to Kenny's card, lmao, not mine. Assuming that it was mine when I boarded the bus, I just went in. Imagine my surprise when I tapped my card on the reader at the exit when the bus reached Bedok Bus Interchange. It said, "Error, tap on entry". Lmao! :x I ended up getting a bus ride for free. And lol, I saw Xiao Mei on the bus as well. XD Reminds me of those days three years ago when she was always collecting money from Vernon, Yoshida and me in the name of "class fund"... =.=

We walked to Bedok MRT Station (Kenny disappeared at the beginning when we were walking there. Turns out he went to get some money into his new Polytechnic EZ-Link card... I greeted him with a kick when he comes running back to us ). Lol, and since I was rather bored, I borrowed Aaron's A3-size file, took a look at it and lied to Kenny that his VisLit stuff wasn't in there, maybe Aaron dropped it just now or something. He got a huge shock, took the file, hurriedly looked at it, and found his just right there. XD He tried to chase me for that, but nah-nah, I have longer legs than him and ran faster than him, so he couldn't catch me. :D

We then took a MRT to Outram Park MRT Station (Jian Shun was playing Patapon on his PlayStation Portable on the way there, and also letting Aaron and Jia Hao have a try, with the result that he couldn't resist not singing that stupid "Patapon" tune/song/whatever all the way when we were walking in Outram Park MRT Station -_____-). At Outram Park MRT Station (freaking MRT Station with a freaking long name -.-), we took another MRT to HarbourFront MRT Station (ah, I like the new MRTs there. There is even a platform behind the seats for you to use as armrests, lmao!), and from there, walked all the way to VivoCity.

We had to walk through a very long corridor from HarbourFront MRT Station to VivoCity, and guess what did Jia Hao and I do? I was pushing Kenny against the left-hand side wall of the long corridor, and Jia Hao pushed Kenny forward, so we were literally grinding Kenny's face into the wall. XD! And lol, there was a Cheers convenience store at the MRT Station there. Very convenient indeed. I bought a bottle of H2O to quench the thirst I got from running around in Bedok MRT Station about half an hour ago. XP

Went there and our first destination was the cinema. Bought seven movie tickets for the Iron Man movie showing at 6.05pm, lol. I still don't understand why all seven of us have to jump into the queue just to buy some tickets... -.- It's almost as if we don't trust Kenny or something, lol. And nmaa, stingy Kenny, he's the oldest of us there, he should be treating us to the movie tickets... XP And lol, each movie ticket cost $10... =.=

After getting the tickets, we went to the toilet. Saw a really short urinal right next to a taller one, and I was immediately reminded of Ephraim, lol. Whenever Vernon, Yoshida, Ephraim and I visit a toilet with a shorter urinal than usual, the three of us would all point at the shorter urinal and shout to Ephraim, "Oi, shorty! You should be using that!!" XD Haha, the good old days...



Picture was a bit blurry because I took it in a hurry. :x And that stupid Jia Hao, he was playing around with the sensors in the taps (the ones where you put your hands under a tap, the sensor detect the presense of your hand and tapwater flows out of the tap). Putting his hand under the tap so the water flows out, withdrawing his hand back so the water stops, then repeating and repeating and repeating. It was as if he has never seen a tap with a sensor before, lol.

We went to Challenger next. Damn, microSD memory cards are sure dropping in prices... They were like $50 for 2GB about four months ago, but now they are $25, lol! Sure, the idea of buying one and increasing the memory in my handphone by four times is nice and pleasant, but meh, I have no need for so much memory anyway. Right now I'm only using about 60% of my 512MB lol. And lol, they sell thumbdrives there too. Pity, I have already bought one yesterday night. A 1GB one for $18. And lol, they sell 1GB thumbdrives there at $18.90. I saved ninety cents, I guess? :D

And lol, there were PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii for us to play for free. :D Well, all of them except the Wii, they removed the controllers so idiots don't run away for me. But then again, since the PS3 controller can work wirelessly even after you plug off the USB cable... Nmaa, whatever. I saw a 19 inches computer monitor for sale there and advised Kenny to get one. Seriously, a 13 inches monitor for a desktop...? -_-

With twenty minutes left until the movie starts, Rosanne and Jia Hao decided to eat first at Carl's Jr. (having never heard of such a fast-food restaurant chain before, Kenny and I heard "Cow's Jr" instead XD). Kenny and Aaron also decided to get something to eat. Good thing for Jurene, Jian Shun and I though, since we can be seen koping Aaron and Kenny's French fries later. XD Since the drinks refills are free, I also koped both of their drinks. XD!

We went inside the cinema on the dot exactly as the movie started, lmao. The movie is rather good, haha. Pwnage quote from Tony Stark: "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."

After the movie, we went looking for a toilet and then went straight home. Bummer, couldn't we have stayed and looked around VivoCity some more? :3 We took the MRT to Outram Park MRT Station, then us five guys left the train to switch to the East West MRT Line, while the two girls remained on board, as both of their destinations are MRT Stations on the North East MRT Line.

While we left the train at Outram Park MRT Station, I joked, "Who wants to be a gentleman and see the two ladies home?" Lol, but apparently they took it seriously, because Jia Hao replies, "Why don't you?", and Jian Shun says five minutes later, "I think he's regretting not seeing them home." -______- They can't take a simple joke lmao. XP

We took the train towards the east, and Aaron alighted at Simei MRT Station, one stop before the rest of us, who all alighted at Tampines MRT Station. There, Jian Shun stayed behind at the food court between the MRT Station and Tampines Bus Interchange for some late dinner, while the three of us proceeded to the Bus Interchange, where Kenny took bus 27 home, while Jia Hao and I took bus 291 home together. XD





Finally, man, dammit. Just one more level to go for both Level 99 Woodcutting and Level 99 Firemaking. XD

No comments: