Monday, May 05, 2008

…この手で終わらせる。

…おまえはおれ自身だから。 …この手で終わらせる。
...Omae wa ore jishin dakara. ...Kono te de owaraseru.
…因为你本来就是我!…所以我要亲手…终结一切!
...You are essentially me, and thus... With these hands, I will put an end to you.



The start of yet another week, and I'm greeted by Monday blues, lol. Oh well. My mother, who was nagging freaking early in the morning right after I woke up, didn't help much either, especially since her nagging lasted all the way until right before I left my house. =.= I think I just understood the origins behind the Singlish phrase "seven morning eight morning, cry father cry mother". -.-

My father took me to school by car, allowing me to leave home later, which, in this case, is ultimately not a wise decision. -.- Anyway, I saw Wan Xiang waiting at the traffic light before TP, and hurriedly alighted the car to walk to school with him, LOL! XP We went to the benches near LT11, where our first lesson takes place, and found Aaron sitting down there doing his CMATHS1 (Computing Mathematics 1) Tutorial 2, lol. Kenny, Qiyang and Sebastian joined the three of us later, and we went into the lecture hall when the door got unlocked.

First lesson is an one-hour lecture on INCG (Introduction to Computer Games). The lecturer spends this hour talking about the jobs and occupations in the game industry, and a brief description of what each job and occupation is about, and what do they do. Developers, and publishers, huh? I don't know, since the lecturer might be bias and all, but he did make it sound like the publishers are a pain in the ass to the developers... XD

The next lesson is an one-hour tutorial on CMATHS1, which pretty much explains why Aaron and Qiyang were rushing through it before INCG lecture, haha. Well, what can I say about the slow pace of the lesson when we were supposed to go through Tutorial 2 together as a class and pass it up, and there I am, finishing my Tutorial 4 and finishing half of my Tutorial 5 throughout that hour? Damn it, I'm so slow. Didn't manage to complete Tutorial 5 within that time phrase. Damn it! XP

Jian Shun, Kenny, Qiyang, Jurene and I were supposed to go to the Microsoft Office Academic Skills Challenge Preliminary Selection (hyuu~! Long name there) after CMATHS1, and we had to individually complete 29 questions in about 46 or 49 minutes (if memory serves me right). Funny thing, I realized, Qiyang, Jurene and I were sitting in a row, with Jurene in the center. It was funny because the three of us shared the same surname, Chua. XD Kenny and Jian Shun were initially sitting in the row in front of us, but the computers that they were using happen to be faulty, so Kenny changed to sitting behind us, while Jian Shun went to the first row from the front.

The questions, argh...! Most of them test Microsoft Word functions that I don't even have any knowledge of! Worse, I don't even know where to find and use said functions!! I was wasting a lot of the time given to me on Help, lol, trying to look around in Help for where to find those stupid functions... And the Internet connectivity there sucks, so it took a damn long time for the Help to load. Yeah, Kenny told me after the test is over that I can just use Offline help. Sure, thanks a lot, Kenny. =.=

I'm still angry of myself for taking it so easily and slowly at the beginning, with the result that when I was on my 28th question, I had only one minute left. I spent fifteen seconds trying to again find that stupid function (I do not have enough time to search Help), and ended up giving up and skipping to the next and last question, which I read the question and realized that... I also didn't know where to find that stupid, stupid function. I spent thirty seconds looking for it, realized that I only had ten seconds left, told myself, "Good game. ^^", sit back, relax, and watch the timer count down. -.-

My result? 72%. Not bad... 二刀流:七十二烦恼凤! (Nitouryuu: Nana-Juu-Ni Pound Hou!; Two-Swords-Style: Seventy-Two Pound Cannon!) I hate it that Qiyang got himself 73%. Argh...!! Lost to him by 1%! Noooooooo! Reminded me of those times back in last year when Yoshida, Vernon, Ephraim and I used to keep owning and get owned by each other by 1 mark in tests and exams... XD It also reminded me, Sun Wukong knew 72 transformations, and Erlang Shen pwned him by knowing one more, with a total of 73 transformations. XD!

Kenny got 59%, I think, and Jurene got 39%, so well, I guess I did not bad. And the two said people even intended to retake the test. -.- Thank goodness the lecturer came over and told them that they could not retake the test; I don't think I would be able to stand staying in that stuffy lab for another fourty-five minutes watching them retake that same, stupid test again. =.= Since Jian Shun started half an hour later than us due to his stupid, faulty computer, he also had to end half an hour later, so we decided to go first, telling him to call me later after he is done with his test so we can meet up.

When the four of us got the hell out, Qiyang left to meet up with his old secondary school classmate, leaving the three of us behind. Wondering where exactly the others are, I first called Aaron, then Yong Han, followed by Kok Keong, and then Jiahao, neither of which answered my call. =.= It's all "The Singtel user that you...", and "You have reached mailbox number..." -.- I called Khai Ming in the end, and he told us that they are in the lab. Ah, trusty old Khai Ming. I'll remember to just call him next time. XD

The three of us went to the lab to find and join them. I printed what I needed to print there. Won't bore you with the details. Jiahao was playing Audiosurf on his laptop there with Kenny's music [Kenny has a thumb drive with his music inside (it used to be a mp3 player, but for some weird reason, it can't play music now, so Kenny is just using it as a thumb drive o.O), and Jiahao doesn't have any music on his laptop], lol. The first song he played was a song from a certain Pokémon that I forgot which (it's Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys if memory serves me right). The song's name is This Side of Paradise, lol, just got it from Kenny in a MSN conversation. :P

And later, Kenny played Through the Fires and Flames. Ah, the most difficult song in Guitar Hero. I think it's James who told me that if I'm not mistaken. Or Nathan. Argh, one of my RuneScape friends anyway. I'm seriously surprised that Kenny didn't even know that Through the Fire and Flames is a Guitar Hero song, lol! I mean, isn't it so famous because it is the most difficult song available in that game? Oh well, whatever, Kenny told me that he got that song because he just happened to hear it and thought it was good. Whatever.

I wanted to give it a try with some music I'm familiar with, lol, so I thought of sending D-tecnoLife from my handphone to Jiahao's laptop via Bluetooth, but heck, Bluetooth communications between a handphone and a laptop are slow and sucky. D: Instead, guess what? I went to the desktop in the lab I was using, downloaded D-tecnoLife from Gendou to my thumb drive, and just bring my thumb drive over to Jiahao's laptop. XD!

Jian Shun came and joined us later, having completed his test. Apparently, he scored around 62%, but something fucked up and the printer didn't print his results out. D: So he was told to redo again, but apparently, from what he told me, he went all, "Fuck it!" and came to join us, lol. Awww, so sad. Damn printer. ):

And lol, I suck at Audiosurf for teh win; Jian Shun kept calling me a "noob".

With one hour of our lunch break left, the thirteen of us [there were Jian Shun, Aaron, Kok Keong, Shi Hui, Khai Ming, Shiro-chan, Yong Han, Kenny, Sebastian, Jiahao, Jurene and I if I remembered correctly XD (I just love such listing stuff. Trains my memory :3)] went to Design School for lunch, but damn, it's crowded and full there, so we went to the Student Development Center instead. Both floors were equally crowded as well, and there was no chance of finding three tables just right next to and adjacent to each other (), so we were discussing about splitting up and eating separately, since it would be easier for us to look for seats in a smaller group.

Shiro-chan, Yong Han, Shi Hui and Sebastian, upon hearing that, decided to split off from us and went to IIT School to eat. After looking around a bit more for empty tables, the nine of us remaining (the fact that there gets less and less of us as time passes reminds us of Tower Defense. Less and less creeps running together because some get killed by towers XD) went to Business School to eat instead.

We managed to find two empty tables rather close to each other, but realizing that there are nine of us but only eight empty seats, everyone (especially Jian Shun XD) hurriedly find a seat and literally throw his or her bag onto said seat, with Wan Xiang being the only one left without a seat, lol. Just when he was thinking of going over to IIT School to eat, I found an empty table just as he was ready to climb up the staircase and leave, so I called him down, lol, and got Kenny and Aaron to sit with him, so we have three people per table.

After lunch, we went to hell. No kidding. D:

Okay, we went to our two-hour lesson of CMSK (Effective Interpersonal Communication). Fuck. Major fuck. I hate CMSK. D:

Oh yeah, I just remembered something. The only thing worth blogging about these two hours is that Khai Ming and I played Chess Titans against each other on his laptop. XD Damn, the game ended with me having a king, a bishop and a rook, and him a king and two rooks. He killed by bishop first, and then my rook, and then it's good game. D:

With my rook dead and my king left alone, I executed the "Time Reversal spell". In other words, hold down both "Ctrl" and "Z" to undo all of the moves, back to when we first started. There, I didn't lose. It's your turn. :D Rofl. Good game. XD

Kenny, Aaron and I went home together, taking bus 291. This time, we met Melvin and Yong Han at the bus stop, haha, so the five of us took the same bus home. Kenny stopped at the bus stop near his house as usual, before the Bus Interchange, while Aaron and Melvin both stopped at the Bus Interchange. Yong Han stopped at the bus stop near Ngee Ann Secondary School (say hi to my old secondary school for me, Yong Han! XD), while I stopped at my house's bus stop few bus stops later.

And that's it for the day.





Anyway, got Level 78 Construction, lol! Thanks to Zinyx and Beretboy for coming! :D



Another screenshot from another angle because silly Beret stood too far away from me and got half of his message cut off. :P



And lol, I think we found a glitch with the Balance Beam. When you are on it, take off your armour, and your character will just stand still while numbers of damage would just pop up on your target out of nowhere. XD

No comments: