Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grandfather's Birthday 2

Took bus 291 to school today, lol. Saw Kuan Wei at the Applied Science School, so we walked to the classroom where the first lesson, VisLit, is together, haha. When we reached there, Aaron was the only one there, still cutting up his photos for the VisLit assignment, lol! So last-minute! Jurene and I later offered to help him cut his photos and paste them onto his black mounting board, haha.

Hmmmm, so the first lesson for today is VisLit. Looking at everyone's assignment, I think that I screwed myself up pretty badly. Oh well, it's alright. I'm expecting to fail this subject anyway. I suck at it please? I'm gonna fail it. Without fail. o.O

We were given half an hour break after we presented our assignments, so Jian Shun, Qiyang, Yong Han, Jurene, Aaron and I went to the book shop. In actuality, I didn't have anything I wanted to buy at the book shop, lol, so I guess I was just tagging along with fun. Oh well, didn't have anything much to do anyway, and the classroom is way too cold for my preferences to stay in and camp inside, however lazy I am.

I think I feel my life threatened and danger when Jurene came over and asked me if I was scared of itchiness or not. Seeing that she would always poke and tickle Jian Shun and Qiyang for fun, the only thing I can do is call, "Help... Help... I am hiring security guards and mercenaries to defend me..."... XP

After the break, we went back, and today, the lecture was about patterns. Wow, so many pattern designs, I'm getting dizzy... @_@ Then we were told to get into groups and draw up six different patterns as practice. I drew one with tomoe, haha, getting the idea from the Sharingan, but apparently, we learnt that we were supposed to use the same object for the six different patterns, so ouch, I basically screwed my whole team up (composing of me, Wan Xiang, Aaron and Melvin), since tomoe are so hard to draw...



After that, we were given our last and final VisLit assignment. Whoohoooo!! *cheers like mad* But damn, it's yet another extremely troublesome assignment. Ah, blast it. I guess I'll do it later... -.-

After VisLit, I went with Wan Xiang, Kenny, Aaron and Jiahao to buy the two black mounting boards that we need to buy for this week's VisLit assignment (-.-). We didn't go for lunch, since three of us (Wan Xiang, Kenny and Jiahao) there had already eaten during the break in the middle of the VisLit lesson, and thus are not feeling particularly hungry. =.=

We went to the computer lab, and lol, apparently there was Warcraft III, so I tried to play, but argh, for some reason, the melee maps won't show up, so I can't play a melee match with Jiahao as intended. In the end, argh, fuck it, I went to mess around with Java on jGRASP, lol! Somehow, I was sitting between two MapleStory freaks (Kenny and Aaron), and seriously, I can't stand them talking about MapleStory... Just how freaking old are they?? Deprived childhood?? Oh my God!!

Jiahao started playing DotA, with both Kenny and Aaron watching him play later, so Wan Xiang and I left by ourselves fifteen minutes before the next lesson begins. But since I haven't have lunch yet, I decided to pop into the IIT canteen and buy something to eat just in case I feel hungry later. I bought three tuna sandwiches and a bottle of H2O, and whoohooo, the tuna sandwich is delicious!! :D

Upon reaching the classroom where our next lesson (APEL) is at, Wan Xiang realized that he left his file in the computer lab and forgot to take it along with him when we left, lol, so we went all the way back, and haha, just so coincidentally, Kenny, Aaron and Jiahao were preparing to leave the lab, lmao. So the five of us went (for Wan Xiang and me, back ;D) to the classroom, with Kenny asking, "Are you sure this is the correct classroom? Isn't it that way?" and we were like, meh, too lazy to bother answering him. XD

I forgot to bring my APEL booklet for APEL lesson. ;__; Oh well. I guess I'll get Yong Han to give me the answers for the questions in there on MSN when he comes online later so I can copy him. Thanks to Jian Shun and Yong Han for lending me their APEL booklets during the lesson. ^^

Apparently, Jian Shun has in his bag an Ironman toy that was given to him when he bought the movie tickets when we went to watch the movie Ironman about three weeks ago. He took it out, passed it around, and somehow, we started tossing it around as if it was a bomb later in the next lesson, PRSP lecture, haha. So we threw it here and there (Jian Shun even threw it at Aaron's crotch , and Aaron replied by throwing it into the rubbish bin, lmao, but I commanded him to take it back and to the toilet to wash it, which he rather obediently did lmao), and it ended with Melvin taking it down and putting it on the lecturer's table in the lecture theatre. XD

Another lecturer came a while later, because our lecturer (you know, the do together move up move down guy...? -.-) was on sick leave. The new lecturer was great, haha, though I find his pace a little slow, but it's alright. He's rather interesting and humourous, haha, I enjoyed it. (: He even showed us a few YouTube videos halfway through the lecture, as some sort of taking a break, lol. I laughed out loud at how many steps it take to quit Assassin's Creed. XD I initially thought that it was an addiction problem with Assassin's Creed at first, reading the description, lol! I was in half-belief about it, so I asked Yong Han, who was sitting in front of me, about it. He plays the game, and he told me that it is really true!! Roflmao!!

And during the end of the lecture, Jian Shun (who was sitting behind me) and I would call out Yong Han's name, so Yong Han would turn backwards, just to find two cameras (mine and Jian Shun's) facing him, lmao! So after a few times, he would point a middle finger as he turns backwards, rofl. So this is what I took. :3



But look at what Jian Shun took!!



ROFLMAO!!! XD

Well, as for the lecture itself, it was on Variables and Data Types, and I somehow have a feeling that it would be very important in the later days to come, so I guess I'll make a copy on my blog later. Since this blog post is getting quite long, I guess I'll do it on tomorrow's blog post instead. XD

Went home with Aaron and Kenny on bus 291 after that. :3



"What the hell?" I asked myself. Something seems amiss on my way home, as I stepped onto my HDB flat's void deck. Something really seems amiss around here... Though it didn't take me five seconds to pinpoint where. Apparently, the table tennis table at my void deck has been removed, leaving six ugly cement spots on the ground. What the hell, lol...





Hey, what the hell? I swore that we celebrated grandfather's birthday on the 3rd of June last year, so why are we celebrating it eleven days earlier today...? Maybe we are celebrating his birthday on the Chinese calendar, lol. Oh well.

So, anyway, today was also my grandfather's birthday, haha, and we went out to celebrate it. Again, I realized that I found that it sure doesn't feel as if one year has past since the last time we celebrated grandpa's birthday. XD

We went to grandfather's house to pick up grandfather before we head to the restaurant that Dave's father chose. Mark's father came along with his van right after we arrived, parking it right behind my father's car, lmao. Apparently, Mark and his sisters were there at grandfather's house early, because I saw them getting out when I stepped out of the car.

We went off, with grandfather and for some reason, Mark's mother, coming to sit at my father's car along with my parents, while Mark and his sisters sat the Mark's father's van, lol. Together, our two vehicles drove to the location. What's its name again...? Some Japanese-like sounding name when my father pronounced it... What was it again...? Oh yeah. "とろくる (torokuru)"... Wait, what the hell? There was such a place in Singapore??!! O_______O

Turns out that place was Telok Kurau, as I realized after the car drove past a few town signs stating that, some place near Marine Parade. Trust my father's weird pronounciation...

Our two vehicles drove to some place that made me instantly want to ask, "What the hell? Are you sure that we are in the correct place??" It was a very small hawker center in a very ulu place (Mark even suggested camping at the bus stop just outside and timing the intervals between buses to find out how ulu this place is XD), and holy, the markings on the ground of the carpark indicated that this was once a freaking basketball court (I even stood at the three-pointer, dribbling and shooting an imaginary basketball for fun's sake, lmao XD)!!

The policeman at the signboard right at the gate looks like an idiot, thus me taking a photo of it. XD It's supposed to say "WHEEL CLAMP AREA" in red by the way, and the policeman with that idiotic face apparently has the name "Bob", as you can read on his nametag. XD



Bah, turns out my instinct were correct. We are in the wrong place. ;___; We got into the vehicles again and drove to the correct place.

Lol, Dave told us that he's entering NS in three weeks. Awww, poor Dave. I'll seriously miss doing this. ;____;


Nudging Dave for no apparent reason just to disturb and annoy him. XD

It was damn cramp around the table. There were thirteen (oh, shit, that unlucky number again ) of us all sitting around that freaking small table, and it was so cramp our legs were tightly sticked onto one another.

Oh well, the dinner was not bad. Took a photo of the birthday cake, haha. It was a nice one, coated with blackberry jam and decorated with strawberries, haha.



Too lazy to get closer to the cake just to take a photo of it. =.=

We went home straight after dinner. :3

No comments: