Monday, May 12, 2008

Visit to Settler's Cafe

There was a visit to Settler's Cafe for the whole class today to play some board games, but I'll touch on that later. ^^

My father took me to school this morning by car. Sweet. There was only Wan Xiang and Qiyang waiting outside at the LT where our first lesson is supposed to take place when I reached there, lmao. Turns out that everyone is waiting upstairs at the corridor, waiting for the backdoors of the LT to open up. XD

First lesson for the week, as usual, is a lecture on INCG (Introduction to Computer Games). The lecturer talked to us about stages of game development. Yeah, the beginning and the ending were the most pain in the ass, I should know, since I used to make up some crappy games on my own. The beginning is just to sit down at your computer table, stare at your computer screen, watch your computer screen stare at you, and think of just what to have in your game. The ending is to play your game again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, and for some fucked up reason, there will still be those freaking bugs. =.=

Next lesson was a tutorial on CMATHS1. Don't really particularly feel like complaining about the slow pace the lecturer is going this time around. I'll instead complain about what a loser I am. I still get confused by freaking Boolean algebra. Can someone please come and teach me about it? ;_;

A three hours break came along. With nothing to do, we all went to the computer lab to do our own stuff. About half of us there were playing DotA, lmao. Oh, and I would like to note that:
Kenny pwned Toushirou (Jin Yao) at Kenny's very first game of DotA!!

XD

Kuan Wei, Aaron and I were off at one corner playing Desktop Tower Defense. XD I like the simplicity of the game. (: Most other TDs are way too freaking complicated, lol.

Few of us (Jurene, Kok Keong, Qiyang, Shi Hui, Aaron, Kenny, Khai Ming, Jian Shun, Jiahao and I) went down to IIT Canteen to eat lunch later, though pretty much thanks to the huge amount of free time that we had, we went from eating to playing Big Two in one table and talking about Command & Conquer in another table. XD

CMSK next. CMSK SUCKS!!! I HATE CMSK!!!! Just felt the need to rant.

Tried to sleep during CMSK. The lecturer accused me of being on medication. Now, now, hold on, before you ask, "What freaking medication?", please kindly know that I have no freaking idea as well. Who knows what kind of hallucinations the lecturer is experiencing with the low-quality weed that she is smoking? I hate CMSK. Just felt the need to emphasize that.

Two more hours of break came after CMSK final-fucking-ly ended. We went to the computer lab again. More Desktop TD for Aaron, Kuan Wei and me, lmao. At 5.50pm, we left the lab and headed down through the staircases, where we can immediately see the bus on which we are going to the Settler's Cafe on when we look directly down. Our very very colourful bus. (:



Aaron, Shiro-chan, Kuan Wei, Michael and I sat in one table, and Blokus was the first game we play. Damn it, man, that game is so extremely fun!! XD If you have a chance to try it, GO AHEAD!! :D



That's Michael on the left, taking his own sweet time thinking (most of the time we spent is on waiting for Michael to make his moves, haha, that slowpoke takes his own sweet time XP); Kuan Wei in the middle, waiting for his turn to play (Blokus is a four-player only game, and we have five people D:); Aaron on the right, being a little camera shy (reminds me of how Hong Wei used to dodge my camera attacks XD); and our care person Michael in the background XD (yup, there are two Michaels ^^).



Our game of Blokus. Was extremely fun. :D Michael (green) starts from the top-left hand corner, Aaron (red) starts from the top-right hand corner, Shiro-chan (yellow) starts from the bottom-left hand corner and me (blue) starts from the bottom-right hand corner.

We played Jenga next. Freaking hell, Michael really loves to pull blocks at the bottom out, making the whole tower inbalance. His stressful way of playing soon prompt Kuan Wei, Shiro-chan and even I as well to take a damn lot of risks, and always pull blocks as in the bottom of the tower as possible. The four of us, combined, managed to put a lot of stress on poor Aaron. XD!





See how stressed up Aaron gets? I would if I were him as well!! XD

After Jenga, we played Settlers of Catan next. Was an extremely fun game too, haha, just that it gets way too confusing in the beginning. Also, without planning in the beginning, one is bound to fail, I noticed. Like in my case, near the end of the game, I built a freaking, freaking long road to the forest (because lumber is in high demand, so building a settlement between the two forests is equal to win pl0x? :D), and guess what? Michael built his settlement and his road in front of my Silk Road and freaking blocked my way. -.- Shiro-chan told me to take the "Longest Road Built" card, go home and cry to myself. XD! Oh, and I must say, I love trading with others. :3

Kuan Wei, for some reason, quit the game just as it was nearing 9pm (when we were supposed to leave). I left as well, a while later (right after Michael blocked my freaking way lmao), and went to join Jian Shun's gang, where they are apparently playing forfeit. Yong Han is supposed to do a forfeit that says "Take the hand of someone of the opposite gender and spin three times while shouting out 'I love you' loud and constantly". Seeing that Shi Hui has got his camera out already, I whipped mine out as well. XP



From the left, that's Yong Han, Jian Shun, Kenny and Shi Hui. I don't know why the quality is so poor. :P

In the end, they did the forfeit outside. I even took a video of it, lmao. Of course, they didn't spin, Yong Han just stood there, holding Jurene's hands and saying "我爱你。我爱你。我爱你。 [I love you. I love you. I love you.)" Both Jian Shun and I were trying to get him to say it in Japanese (with Jian Shun suggesting "愛してる (aishiteru)" and me suggesting " 俺は君が好き (ore wa kimi ga suki)" XD], and Kok Keong was trying to get him to say it with more emotions.

In the end, Kok Keong, for some weird reason no one would ever know why (leave it up to that half a rare gem himself to figure it out), told Jurene "I love you" as well. The result?

HE GOT SLAPPED.

Don't know why I would put it up so big, but meh. :P

Note: Looking at that full-stop, I just thought of something... EPHRAIM!! THAT FULL STOP IS BIGGER THAN YOU!!!

Took a taxi home with Qiyang, Kok Keong and Jian Shun. The taxi fare came to $11. Whoa. Luckily there's four people to split up the fare with, hehe. :P Went to bed and slept immediately after I got home. I'm so lazy. :P

No comments: