Saturday, May 24, 2008

iCE CReaM stICKS

Met up with Khai Ming at Tampines MRT Station at 2pm to do some 3D-effect of a "Great Wall of China" for our CMSK poster. I reached there first, and it was damn freaking hot, so I went into Guardian to camp, for the air-con, lmao. Just what was I supposed to reply when someone came to me and asked me what I was searching for? I know they have great customer service and all, but hey, I have no intention to be a customer at the moment. ^^"

Khai Ming came a while later, and we were supposed to buy ice-cream sticks so we can actually start assembling the "Great Wall" thing. We first went to NTUC Fairprice, at the basement of Tampines Mall. Can't find anything there. We subsequently went up, combing each floor, all the way to the fourth floor, but we can't find anything. I stopped by Popular at the third floor and bought both Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 22 and Bleach volume 33 though. Can they not publish manga at the same time? ;___; I prefer to spend $5.50 on manga at a time, rather than spend $11 all of a sudden, lmao.

We went over to Century Square, and went to Shop N Save, at the basement. Couldn't find anything. Again, we subsequently went up the shopping center, combing each floor. Found no shit as well. We took the lift down, then went to the shopping district in Block 500+ to look around. Found nothing as well, though I ended up buying a cup of bubble tea to drink. XD

We next went to Block 400+, walking past Jian Shun's house (XD), and again, found nothing. Argh, God damn it. Two hours of searching bears no fruits. We were at our wit's ends then, as we stopped to rest at a nearby playground, wondering among ourselves what we should do. For the sake of fun, I took a photo of the playground from where I was sitting. You can see Khai Ming's jeans and bag on the left hand side as he walked away. XD



At our wit's ends, I decided to SMS whichever ones of our classmates whom I have his or her number. So I SMSed a total of thirteen people, the whole list consists of, in alphabetical order, Aaron, Jiahao, Jian Shun, Jinyao, Jurene, Kenny, Kok Keong, Melvin, Michael, Qiyang, Shi Hui, Wan Xiang and Yong Han. I love the "SMS to contact group" function, it allows me to SMS to everyone in a particular and specific contact group.

I found the replies that I got from them particularly interesting, so guess what? I'm gonna blog about it. :3 The order is in whoever SMS me back first. Italics text is my reply. Sometimes I don't bother to reply. :x

My question: Do you know where to buy ice cream sticks?

Shi Hui
Ntuc.
Checked NTUC and Shop N Save, neither have leh

Jurene
Bookshops?
What bookshop do you know got sell?
Popular?

Jinyao
Diaoz, for what? Supermarket?
We checked three supermarkets already. All don't have
U want for what? Zzz. Hard to find them then.

Qiyang
Erm ntuc?
We checked both NTUC and Shop N Save?
Er then popular
Only thing I can find there are Tsubasa volume 22 and Bleach volume 33
.-.

Kok Keong
4 wat? I dunno...

Wan Xiang
Popular i think so
The only thing I can find there are Tsubasa volume 22 and Bleach volume 33
What is Tsubasa volume 22 and Bleach volume 33 ??
Manga lah ;_;
Where are u
Block 400+ in Tampines there. Why you ask?
I think selling stationary shop got sell
And which particular shop do you have in mind?
Very far .you go and find near by shop lah.when u need?
Now. Anywhere sure will have one, just tell me
I think 201 or 800+ or tampines mart got

Jian Shun
Ya seven eleven eat and dont throw
Steady lah, we buy ice-cream go your house eat ah!

Aaron
Bookshops or mama shop or arts and craft shops
Do you know of any shop in particular?
Popular got sell i think

Kenny
Nope,and why u nd them 4?

Melvin
Popular

Jian Shun wins the Funniest Reply Award. :D Really made me laugh out loud, lmao. XD Jiahao, Michael and Yong Han can't be depended on to reply. *facepalm* Kenny is totally useless. *facepalm again* I don't understand why everyone believes NTUC or Popular would sell them, when neither does. NTUC, I'm so disappointed in you... ;______;

In the end, Khai Ming thought of downloading images from Yahoo! Image Search and printing it out. Oh well. So in the end, we went home. :3

No comments: