Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Academic results for this year

Got my report book today, so let's see...

Subject - Score - Grade
English Language - 58 - C5
Chinese Language - 61 - B4
Additional Mathematics - 69 - B3
Elementary Mathematics - 76 - A1
Pure Chemistry - 58 - C5
Pure Physics - 68 - B3
Combined Humanities (Social Studies and History) - 60 - B4
Pure Geography - 66 - B3
Civics and Moral Education - A
Physical Education - B

Total: 516/800
Percentage: 64.5%
Results: Passed
Conduct: Very Good
Class Position: 17/42
Position Status: Promoted to Sec 4 Express
L1R4 Aggregate: 15
L1R5 Aggregate: 19
Attendance: 168/169 (I still remember the day I didn't go to school was 17th Jan 06)
Comments: I am a serious and independent learner. My IT skills are also highly regarded by my peers. With my competitive spirit, I should be able to improve my results to realise my full potential.

And now, my comments:

Yup, only A1 I have is E. Maths. That's not bad, considering Maths is pretty much the only subject I'm good at, since childhood. I should rather be surprised I can get an A1, considering the difficulty I had with my E. Maths End-of-Year Paper.

Second best is A. Maths. Sitting beside Yoshida has its benefits, lol, seeing that he is such a pro at A. Maths. Heck, I need more practice at it though, neither my mind nor my brain can twist and turn fast enough for me to solve some A. Maths questions, as most of them require you to think out of the box.

Third best is Physics. I like this science, it can actually be applied onto real life, plus the teacher is quite good, which kind of explains why I did not take biology, lol. It's just sad I didn't manage to get an A2, just 2 more marks. T.T Then again, worse with A. Maths, just 1 more mark for A2. T.T

Forth best is Geography. I used to like Geography, especially map reading, but now, with our new teacher, which for her privacy I shall not reveal her name, half of what she said is what goes in my left ear and comes out at my right. And the other half of what she said? It goes in my right ear but since the first half is coming out from right ear, they got repelled, pushed back and never got the chance to enter my ear. So I am forced to rely on my textbook, but I'm not really someone with good memory that I can memorize the textbook, so meh.

Fifth best is Chinese. I'm not really good at it, despite the fact that I speak in Chinese frequently. To add, the teacher is not bad, but does what a teacher teaches in class helps in exams? Guess not.

Sixth best is Humanities. Yeah, the History textbook is interesting, but I just freaking can't memorize, thus my lousy results for those two subjects. I should be glad I managed to score 60. Did I tell you I failed my Humanities in June?

Seventh and eighth is a tie between Chemistry and English. I'll talk about Chemistry first. *cracks knuckles* I got a lot to write about those two.

Chemistry is interesting, but there is a lot of theory part. Simply memorizing the textbook is futile, as there may be some parts which you do not understand, an event that happens frequently with Chemistry. You may ask, that is why the teacher is there for, right? Yes, but guess what? Our teacher can spend 30 minutes going through one question, most of the time going like "The Ar of Oxygen is 16, so the Mr of O2 is 16 times two, which is thirty-two. For CO2, the Ar of C is (...f***, what is it? *checks Wikipedia* What the f***? 12.0107?!) 12, while the Ar of O is 16, so CO2 is 12 plus 16 times 2, which is 12 plus 32 equals to 44." Seriously, no kidding, no propaganda, no bulls***. Those that she take her time to go through are elementary and can easily be found by refering to the periodic table. When she finally reach the difficult parts, guess what? We are already sleeping like dead pigs. For those who went drinking coffee like no tomorrow, she goes through the difficult part of the question much faster than Caleb striking a tree ten metres away with an electric attack. No kidding, no propaganda, no bulls***. And worse, guess how much time she takes to go through one worksheet? Two f***ing weeks! Indeed, Vernon, also known as Mr. 82 for Chemistry, says that it is better to refer to the Chemistry textbook than our Chemistry teacher. It simply takes ten minutes for you to understand a topic by reading the textbook, but listening to her talk about the same topic for years get you nowhere. Thus, just read your freaking textbook and sleep during her lessons. Indeed, this is a quote from him. "chemistry...yes! seek [the teacher] and ur chemistry surely F9. if [the teacher] screws ur marks up further, conquer her! bear conviction behind ur textbook.( use it instead of listening to her crap)". This is obviously an edit from the quote on my blog to the left under the tagboard: "The world... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out right before your eyes. If this endless dream guides your spirits, Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your Flag!" Want to hear my version? "Chemistry... Yes! Seek your textbook, and your Chemistry will surely get A1. If your brain tells you to listen to [the teacher], Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your textbook!" How can anyone blame me for doing so poor in Chemistry? T.T WE WANT A CHANGE OF CHEMISTRY TEACHER NEXT YEAR!!

Ok, English. Reason is simple. The teacher has a voice that makes my want to sleep. I listen to her voice, I feel dizzy. Five minutes later, a headache. Five more minutes? It's like Squall going to visit Laguna in the 'dream world' in Final Fantasy VIII. Go figure. How can I score for my English when I spend most of the lessons sleeping against my will!?

I'm just satisified I passed anyway. My L1R4 and L1R5 looks good as long as I don't compare it with others. -.-" I'm surprised I still can get a Very Good for conduct. Very surprised.

As for the comments the teacher made: Serious learner? Since when am I serious in learning? Okay, maybe when learning about games and just gaming in general, but that is completely another story. Independent learner? I guess so, most of my teachers cannot be relied on to ask questions. -.-" Since when are my IT skills highly regarded by peers? *points at random blog reader* Do you regard my IT skills highly? *points at another random blog reader* And do you regard my IT skills highly? See? -.-" Competitive spirit, I like that. Yeah, it's like "Peter, I'm gonna get 99 fletching faster than you." "No, no, you don't, Samy, I'm going to get it first." And he still got it first. -.-" Improve results to realise full potential, I like that too. Like "I thought about a way to fight at my fullest. So that I don't lose anyone... So that I don't let anyone drift away... You won't be able... to keep up with me any more. All of my techniques... are going to evolve by one step! Gear... Second!" o.O

That concludes it. Back to cutting willows on RuneScape.

No comments: