Sunday, January 21, 2007

East Coast Park Outing

Summary: Went to East Coast Park with Hong Wei, Yujun and Yuchi.

Left home at 12.30pm and reached the bus stop near Tampines Regional Library at 12.50pm. Due to today being a hot day, I decided to go to the library to spend ten minutes waiting there under the cooling air-condition. Picked up a storybook on World War II and read its first chapter. The book, or at least what I can tell from the first chapter, is about a guy from mainland America who has to live in Hawaii for a year. The people there pick on him because he is white and from the mainland, but one American with a Japanese name of Kenji helped him from being bullied, and the two became friends. All this, according to the title of the book, is before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor by the way. Then it's 1pm, and I walked out of the library.

Shortly after walking out of the library, Hong Wei called me, asking where I am and informing that he is at the bus stop. We then went to have lunch together. He ate some noodles, while me, having eaten a full breakfast, decides to just drink a can of Pepsi. We finished at 1.20pm, and decided to go to Yujun's house first. We reached at 1.40pm, when Yuchi just came out of his house. We waited for a while outside for Yujun, armed with Rollerblades, and we went off at 1.50pm.

We then walked towards the shopping centre. On the way, Yujun takes a cigarette out and starts smoking. Not like I'm offended just because a friend of mine smoke *cough* Peter :P *cough*. And he keeps saying he's a good boy... Sigh... I guess I kinda got used to it, thanks to Vernon and his "I'm pro." phrase.

At the supermarket, located in the basement of the shopping centre, we bough two 1.5 litres bottles of 100-Plus and Coca-Cola, three packets of snacks (two of them potato chips) and one more tin of potato chips. Yujun also bought a bottle of Gatorade and another glass bottle of rum for himself.

We then went to the MRT station. Yuchi, who doesn't have an EZ-Link card, has to pay $2.30 just for a three-stops ride. What a waste of money. At the MRT, we stood in the center close to the door, Yujun listening to his MP3 player. During that time, I took the snacks we were holding in plastic bags and stuffed them into our bags except for Yujun's, which is choked full with his Rollerblades. I curled the two plastic bags into quite a huge ball.

Exiting at Bedok, while taking the escalator, I rolled the plastic bag at the diagonal strip of metal beside the escalator and shouted "Bombs away!" A lady below turns around to look at me, heh. Then at the bottom where Yujun, who is rather impatient and prefer to hurriedly walk down first, goes to where the "ball" lands, and after hearing me shout "Help me take it, Yujun!", decides to fling it to the side. And I have to pick it back up later, stuck towards the right side, just to prevent littering. Bastard. :P

Out of the MRT station, I chucked the "ball" into the rubbish bin and the four of us walked towards the bus interchange. I remembered we have to take 401 to East Coast, but Yuchi and Hong Wei claimed that it is 403, confusing me. We checked the board. Turns out there's only 401 at Bedok Interchange. Wah lao, win already lor.

Wah lao: The most common polite variation of the Hokkien term which can be loosely translated as "Oh Penis". Probably the most common Singlish expression of all, it is used in much the same way as "oh my goodness", "wow", or "damn!", depending on the tone used, and the context.
Win already: From the Hokkien exclamation "Ngiah liao lor!", it marks the surrender of an argument or expression of unfairness, with somewhat grudgingly friendly, yet ironic tone.

So we went to 401 and queue up. Apparently the service is only available on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays. Cheap nia. We waited a long time, Yuchi sitting on the fence across me and Yujun sitting on my right, Hong Wei sitting on Yujun's right. Due to boredom, Yujun listened to his MP3 player and shared the earphone with Hong Wei, while I took a few pictures. Hong Wei and Yuchi were more camera-shy than I expected, lol.


Hong Wei manages to dodge this shot. XD


But not this one! XD Yujun looks a bit like he's posing as some sort of hero in a game looking across the horizon in the beginning of most games. XD

Impatient, Yujun walks off without telling us what the heck he is going to do, so I went to sit at his place and listen to his MP3, which was borrowed to Hong Wei before he left. He came back a minute later, asking me why I was sitting at his place. So I shifted back to my place. He said the bus is going to come in five minutes, according to the bus driver, or he is going to hit the guy, lol.

So, the bus came in four minutes. I went in first, but decided to wait for Yuchi as he pays using coins. Yujun passed us and sat at the end. We followed him. Yujun sat at the left side, while I sat at the right. Yuchi sat on the centre and wanted to lean on me at the beginning. Hong Wei sat at the seat in front of Yujun. We talked about shit like going to graveyards in the night. I mean, they are already dead, why still go and disturb them? Let them rest in peace, right?

We alighted the bus and walked beside a lake for people to cable-ski, apparently the first in Singapore. Looks pretty boring. Yujun starts craptalking. Blah blah blah.

We went to the food court there. I bought four cups of lime juice and ten sticks of chicken satay (to which Yujun is allergic o.O), while Yujun bought two plates of oyster omelette. We dug in, Hong Wei not eating much. Was getting the satay sauce all over my pants. Fucking shit. Yujun, after finishing his lime juice, pours the rum he bought into the cup. Ooooh, five percent alcohol... XD

When we left, he changed into his rollerblades. He asked me to hold the cup for a while while he Rollerblades for a while. I asked Yuchi to hold it for him instead, but he took a small sip. Due to allergies, Yujun now finds his rum undrinkable, and angrily throws the cup at the grass where the contents spilled. Now that's evil. :S

After apologizing, the three of us went to rent bikes. Yuchi complains that his bike is too tall, while Hong Wei thinks his has some problems. We rid towards the east, but the seat of my bike soon starts to have problems as Yujun's Rollerblades have a problem too. My seat tends to move too much, while the first wheel of his Rollerblade is stuck and cannot move. We spent 10 minutes at a bench trying to fix it, then we decided to find another bench where the four of us can sit together (the bench is so small only two people and the four bags can fit).

We rid for like 5 minutes, and found two benches together. Yujun and the four bags occupied one, while me, Yuchi and Hong Wei took the second. Yujun starts giving up on his Rollerblade and decides to call his father to get it repaired (which requires a screwdriver). And we spent like 30 minutes sitting down there, waiting and arguing with each other on what to do next. I wanted to cycle more, but Hong Wei says that he is tired and wants to go home, while Yuchi just wants to go home and hack games. -_- Worse, Yujun's stomachache is acting up (due to food poisoning after eating something he bought at a pasar malam). So we wasted time sitting down there and doing nothing. Soon, an hour passes by, and us three decides to return the bikes.

After returning, we spent a lot of time arguing over what we want to do next. I wanted to continue cycling, while Hong Wei bullshits about being tired and going home. Yuchi just walks to a nearby bench and sits down there. During our argument, Hong Wei unfortunately mentioned that he does not like being with friends who smoke, and very unfortunately, Yujun, whose father brought him here by car, enters the conversation, overhearing everything.

More argument. Suggestions like LAN, fishing, pool, and guess what we decided to do?

Building sandcastles. -_-

Yujun's father spent, I think, five bucks on a sandcastle set. We were utter failures at such, and can't even build a proper sandcastle, while three-year-old and four-year-old kids around us were building magnificent sandcastles with relative ease. And us three sixteen-year-old and a fifteen-year-old can't even build a freaking small part.

Yujun borrowed a huge shovel, and Yuchi uses it to dig a moat for the castle. Then Yuchi and I decided to scrape the idea of building a castle and we decided to dig a hole as deep as possible. Got really dirty and sandy, and the freaking seawater is not helping, lol. Blame water pollution. Noticed that Hong Wei was still quite clean, so I decided to "dirty" him up a bit by chucking sand at him, thinking that he'll dodge it. He stands down there, "I'll take it. With my strongest Tekkai. Tekkai Gou!" Apparently he trusts that I won't throw the sand. -_- So he goes pretty fucked up and started to walk off, brushing sand off his clothes. Yujun dissuaded him to leave, I apologize, telling him I trust him to dodge. Wow, look at what trust can do. XD

We dug a pretty deep hole, and some asshole comes, saying bullshit about kids falling in. Honestly, a kid retarded enough to not see such a huge hole in front of them deserves to fall in. Oops. I mean, kicked in. And buried. Yeah. Yuchi claims the reason is because two Indian kids saw us digging and wanted to dig a hole too, and their mother were like "Oh my fucking God! What are you two doing?" and informed the asshole. Pfffft. Indians. Yuchi was pretty fucked up as we left lol.

We washed our hands at a toilet (what a waste of forty cents), found an empty place and sat down, eating our snacks.


"Aerial" view of where we ate, me standing on top of a nearby table for barbecuing and taking the picture. Hong Wei is sitting on the bottom left, Yuchi on the top and Yujun on the top right.


A closer picture of what we ate.

After eating, where we could not finish up and had to waste a lot of food, Yujun called his father to fetch us home. We then sat on several seats and started to chat about life in general. Shared a lot of funny stuff about school. Hong Wei seems fairly uninterested, though he does seem to look uninterested the whole time. XD Three of us were laughing real hard most of the time, with only Hong Wei being an exception lol.

After about an hour, Yujun's father finally arrived. Four of us squished into the back. We first went to Hong Wei's house, and then to Yujun's house, because he wants to puke due to food poisoning. On the way, Yujun whispers to Yuchi something. Yuchi seems irritated as he replies, "I have homework to do!" Not hearing properly, I asked Yuchi what it is. He whispered very softly, "Send you back." And me, without a clue of what the heck that means, asks loudly, "Send me back?" Yujun points at his two parents sitting in front. I got what he meant, as he did not want me to be left alone with his parents as they sent me home. At Yujun's house, Yuchi quickly alights, while Yujun stuffs his ears with his MP3 player and turned the volume out real loud, refusing to alight. What a loyal friend.

Though his mother starts nagging and he alighted anyway. :P

So they sent me home, asking questions along the way. The end.

So, guys, wanna go crab fishing next week? O.o

No comments: