Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Resolutions

Alright, time for some New Year's resolutions!

From Wikipedia:
A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved.

1. Alright, now that I am 15+ (I'll be 16 seventeen days later though. May hold a small party. Sadly it's on a weekday :(), I am in Secondary 4. In other words, this year is 'O' level year. For those of you who do not know about it, its full name is Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination (:O) and this system is comparable to British's GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) system. In other words, this year is going to an important one, even more important than PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination) year, I guess, rofl (where I can sleep on the day before the English paper and still get an A grade XD). In other words, I'm going to do something I have never done in my whole entire life (*gasps!* :O), focus on study (*double gasps!!* :O). Yup. Since my RuneScape membership ends at March, I'll start focusing for the major examinations, which start at around October, at March. Yeah, hope I can get good grades for the examinations, as well as maintain enough willpower for this seemingly impossible (for me, who almost died when my computer broke down *shifty eyes*) task.

2. Arm strength. I'm way too weak for a 15+ year old (17 days until I'm 16! ), especially since I'm quite tall. Yeah, Dave knows that (which is why I hit him with a Hero Hero Gatling Gun and a Hero Hero Rifle yersterday night, he mocked my strength *cries*). Maybe I'll get him to the gym with me more. :O

3. Friendship. I am going to try build up the friendship with my nakama. Going out on cycling trips, basketball games, etc., instead of staying home whole day and play RuneScape rofl. It's going to be quite difficult though, especially since almost everyone (maybe except Yuchi, who takes his next year, or Dave, who already took his four (if my calculations are correct) years ago) have this year as 'O' level years too.

4. Try to cope with a life without RuneScape for about eight months. *shudders and shivers* XD

5. Maybe a romance as well? *shifty eyes* XD (A romance in the pocket... and you wanna be my friend? We Are, We Are, On the Cruise! We Are! XD)

Edit, made on 10th August 07:
I'm just reading previous blog entries due to boredom, and I can safely tell you, after eight months have passed, that I have achieved not a single one. DX

1. Start studying for 'O' level in March? Pfft, I delayed and delayed and delayed, and now it's August, I'm having preliminaries examinations, and here I still am, playing RuneScape.

2. I think Dave and I only went to the gym twice this entire year. After that, he sort of gets bored, and I couldn't be bothered to force him to go to the gym with me, neither can I be bothered to go alone. So, meh.

3. Yeah, if only those friends can make some free time to spend with their friends. *rolls eyes*

4. I am coping a life without RuneScape fine. Because I have other games to entertain me. o.O

5. Lol, romance ended up in a big failure. Sigh. :(

0 out of 5 New Year Resolutions achieved. I'm such a failure, rofl. XD

No comments: