Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 1.55am now as I type this first sentence, so I'm gonna write about what happened a few hours ago (technically yersterday night). No coffee, no cola, no caffeine. Wish me good luck, and don't sue me if I feel like wanting to press the "Save as draft" button down there. :P

Well, Dave's father called at around 5pm, saying something about having dinner together, his treat. My busybody mother called my grandfather. Originally he had to go out with friends, but after hearing his elder son is treating, he gradually agrees. (Edit on 28 March 2008: I'd like to add that it is my grandfather who originally had to go out with his friends, not my uncle, because then it would sound damn weird. )

But some unknown problem crops up and the dinner may be canceled. My mother went into a fury, something about tricking grandfather and other bullshit. So she called everyone, from Dave's mother to Dave's father, and even Dave himself, using my mobile phone.

So the dinner is back on. We went to grandfather's house, fetch him, and went into a restaurant where we meet Dave's family. Ordered dishes. Went to the toilet with Dave then. Toilet bowls are too low in height. -.- (Edit on 28 March 2008: Weren't it the urinals? )

Dinner was not bad, better than yucky mother's cooking at home. Dave mocks my strength while having dinner. Started cracking knuckles. :P

And when we got out of the restaurant, I unleashed a Hero Hero Gatling Gun on his back. Got reprimanded of course. -.- When the parents turn away, I unleashed a powerful Hero Hero Rifle. Noise was too loud indeed. Got reprimanded more. T_T

Then we went shopping. Dave and I were just sitting at the bench telling jokes to each other. That guy has no sense of humour at all. -_-

Then I suggested to him if we just leave and go to the New Year celebration by ourselves. He refused. I forced him. XP

So we went onto the train, at 10pm. Mostly teenagers who share the same destination with us. Two of us leaned on a wall on the train, him folding his arms while I put my hands into my pockets. :O

Reached City Hall. We got out. Wasn't too crowded at first as we navigate through the underground tunnel, but as we approach the exit, crowded like hell. And to add, bastards pushing left right and center. Especially the Indians. Rough and violent. What's the fucking use of pushing anyway? No-life impatience idiots.

The above paragraph is in no way a racist or offensive remark, but is just a comment made by a 15-year-old to vent off steam. If you treat this comment seriously and take whatever action you deem fit, then you are an asshole. I repeat, you are an asshole.

Thoroughly crowded when we got there. Difficult to get in, worse to get out. We climbed the stairs up to the highway, closed for people. People sitting and standing at both sides, while others walk up and down at the middle. We went from one end to another, and looked around in the crowded area, trying to find where we can get some water.

Then we decided to head to the Cavenagh Bridge (I think that's the name). Before reaching the bridge, we then decided to cross the road (not like anyone cares about the Pedestrians No Crossing sign :P) and head to Fullerton Hotel. There, we walked around the hotel, where Dave said he got pushed by some insolent punk, until we find an elevator leading down. We took it, hoping that the hotel has a toilet. Three elevators, a moving sideway, three more elevators, and we find ourselves at another part of Singapore River. -.-

After getting out of Starbucks Coffee, where we strangely end up in, we find a toilet. Long queue consists of females. And when I say long, I mean real long. The long corridor to the toilet is narrow and crowded. When we approach the toilets, we see another queue at the left, this one consisting of males. Dave and I joined the queue. Some bloody bulldozers try bulldozing their ways. Annoying and irritating.

So when we finally reached the toilet. Each cubicle has its own queue. Forget it. I just walked to the tap and drank water like an idiot. Who cares? Then I leave Dave there. Outside, I found a spot to sit outside a restaurant (where an old man, an adult and a boy sit). After about three minutes, Dave called on my phone and I went to him.

Then we walked a few steps to the Merlion. We stood there for twenty minutes, waiting for the fireworks. Indians still pushing left right and center. Some even formed chains (consisting of six to seven grown adults, grabbing the shoulders of the front guy) and pushed their way through the crowd. I'm sighing as I type this. Apparently my faith for humanity is diminishing.

While waiting, I sent messages to a few of my nakama to wish them a Happy New Year. Then, the fireworks come. Beautiful and magnificent. The crowd cheers and shouts and screams and shoots some soap-foam thingy into the air. I took two rather low quality images with my camera phone and one very lousy and noisy video. Oh well, better than nothing.

So we left, following the direction of the crowd. We reached Raffles Place MRT. Dashed in and got two places for us. The train then goes to City Hall, where most people coming from the celebrations board the MRT at. I describe to Dave as "final wave" from X Hero Siege. Indeed. The whole train became from "only the seats were occupied" to "people standing at almost every inch square of the train".

At Eunos, Dave alighted and went home. I alighted at Tampines, a good five stops later.

Went to the bus interchange and hopped onto the short queue for my bus. Sign clearly states that the last bus is at 12.35am, yet there is still a queue. Maybe the bus service gets extended like the MRT? Nah. 10 minutes later, and there is still not a single bus. Some uncle asks me about it. If I have any idea would I still be sitting there like an idiot humming Bon Voyage?

Lol, like to interrupt this blog entry to state that Mark has wished me Happy New Year back. :D

So, yeah, the uncle as well as a few chiobu (:P) from the queue starts to leave due to lack of bus. I followed, announcing clearly, loudly, gladly, happily, cheerfully and excitedly that I am about to walk home. XD

So yeah, I walked home. Passed Sean's house ("Merry Christmas, Sean, and good night!") and Caleb's ("Merry Christmas, Caleb, you son of a gun!"). :P

Before Sean's house (early part of the trip), Dave called to ask if I reached home yet. Told him that I am still walking. He told me that he is walking too. Ended the call with him shouting something like "The car came. Bye." and me going all "What the fuck?" o.O

Between Sean's house and Caleb's house, Dave called again. Something about boarding a bus, some Indian(s) [he was speaking in Chinese where we do not use idiotic terms such as singular and plural] and him alighting the next stop, forgetting to tap his ezLink card. What a waste of two bucks. Couldn't make head or tails about the Indian(s) part. Sue me.

After Caleb's house, he called yet again. Something about boarding a second bus. At the second stop, Indians (a hundred of them, he proclaims) swarm into the bus, shocking him as well as seriously reminding him of The House of the Dead (don't know which, 1, 2, 3 or 4). He then says that he needs a submachine gun and start at the center, then spray right to the left and left to the right. I immediately recognize the topic that he is talking about as The House of the Dead 4, as this is a piece of advice he offered to me at Genting. He claims that the Indians were swarming on the bus before it even stops for them to alight, similar to what the zombies do, leaving trails of blood on the mirror.



And so he tells me that he immediately alights at the third stop. "You think I hong kan (
A very rude Hokkien phrase meaning, "asking for it") is it?" We were both roaring with laughter throughout the conversation. Told him to save the money and walk like me instead of taking buses. Wonder what the Indians are doing at 1.20am swarming buses. -.-

The above two paragraphs and image, again, is not meant to be racist or offensive. Sue Dave if you want, I'm just reporting facts, no distortion. Then again, if you treat this seriously, you are not just an asshole, you are a death-deserving asshole. I made my point.

So I reached home. Ah, good day.

New Year resolutions come after my sleep! Survival Project tribute comes after that! XD

No comments: