Thursday, January 04, 2007

SP Tribute Part II

Before we move on to our tribute for Survival Project, I'd like to note one thing.

Today, in school, during Chinese, we read a story. The author is sitting inside a bus when a guy carrying roses come in. The chickenwuss, having completely no sense of balance, keeps tripping and knocking into people on the crowded bus, yet he fears damaging his roses. The author (a female by the way) then offers to help him hold the roses. When she had to alight, she gave the roses back to the guy as well as gave him her seat. The author said "Wait!", took out a rose and gave it to her.

Funnily, in the illustrations, the girl looks like Jasmine, with no spectacles, and the guy looks like Vernon, without spectacles too. o.O What the heck, this must be some sort of conspiracy to get them together. O.o Cute couple. XD (Edit made on 28 March 2008: The couple I am referring to are the two people in the story. Yeah, not Jasmine and Vernon. Just thought I'd clarify this. )

On with the tribute!

I first had "contact" with the game in Dave's house. That bastard likes to play games and search for another one and play it before he becomes good in the game that he is playing. Anyway, I decided to play it too. I recommend it to some of my friends, like Yuchi, brother of my ex-schoolmate, How Chee, friend of Yuchi and coincidentally my schoolmate, and Edmond, my cousin.

When the Guild system in Survival Project was announced, I was one of the many people who signed up for a Guild. The name of the Guild, Runite Knights, is named after my RuneScape clans (now with three generations of different members but same name in RuneScape XD). The large numbers of applications crashed the server, and the game was understaffed due to Chinese New Year, so I spent two weeks waiting for them to process my application. Meanwhile, I asked Vernon if he wants to join my Guild. He agreed.

And what do you know? Justin, Vernon's brother, created a Guild of his own, named ChaosWraith, and Vernon went to join it without informing me about it first. -.- I asked Vernon if he wants the two Guilds to merge. He agreed.

Due to me being unable to form a Guild, as the website states that I have sent an application in and has to wait for a reply, Vernon did instead. The next day, he tells me that the name RCAlliance (R stands for Runite Knights, C stands for ChaosWraith, and Alliance is pretty self-explanatory) is taken and he created "DarkAlliance". I was pretty fed up with him.

The next day, they finally fixed the problem of the server crashing, and rejected my application as my Guild name is over the 12 letters limit (although I realized that about two days after I sent my application). I created a new Guild named RCAlliance, which surprisingly IS NOT taken.

The RCAlliance is officially formed on 20th Febuary 2005. I recruited Edmond and Yuchi to the Guild. Surprisingly, Justin only joined a fortnight later, and Vernon never. It quickly arouses our (mine, Edmond's and Yuchi's) suspicions. A fortnight later, Yuchi, Vernon and Justin quitted the game one by one due to foredom. Another week later, Edmond followed. I was left alone.

And a week later, guess what? Vernon and Justin rejoined. And their guilds are... Katana. (Though the next day Justin was rejected and he went to join MeteorZ, which Vernon followed to join.)

A fortnight later, I convinced Yuchi to rejoin. I made him the Prophet (assistant to leader). We discussed strategies on how to bring our Guild to greatness. Two weeks later, Edmond rejoined, and another week later, How Chee joined.

15th May, 2005. The day we first captured a server. The day we brought our flag up into glory.

Two days after that, Eugene, How Chee's cousin, joined the Guild.

A week later, we decided to promote some people to leaders so that we can more efficiently plan for our Guild. Loyal Edmond (who used to use melee attacks) becomes GodHand, while loyal How Chee (who uses ranged attacks) is God Eye, highest ranks together with Leader and Prophet.

24th May 2005 was another noticeable date. On the phone, Yuchi and I talked about how good it would be if we named ourselves a disaster after the element we are using [coincidentally, I use fire (as if that is so difficult to find out), Yuchi uses earth, Edmond uses water and How Chee uses wind]. We decided to make it a reality.

The next day, RCFirestorm and RCEarthquake are created. They are joined by RCTsunami and RCHurricane the next day. As Edmond shouts in a warcry, "When the four elements unite, we are INVINCIBLE!"

Three days later, a girl named MJ joined. A fortnight later, Yujun, Yuchi's brother (you should have read his name in this blog before =.=), joined too. Also, Eugene created an account to join the "RC Elementals", though his is RCSwordsman, kinda out of the "disasters" topic. Two days later, Ruwan joined, and Yuan Fan and Benjamin followed a day later, all of them friends of Yuchi. Henri, a stranger of ours initially, joined the next day, and I never thought that he would be my RuneScape mentor in the future, lol.

Yeah, some of our warcries:
"Make way for the firestorm before you get burnt!!"
"Run! The ground is shaking... the earthquake of RC is here!"
"Here comes the tsunami!!! Quick! Search for high land!!!"
How Chee is playing a game (I think SP). I'll ask him for his warcry when he gets back.

We have other miscellaneous warcries to use for different situations, but I forgot a lot of my teammate's, and it's unfair to just fill this page up with mine, so I'll leave it blank. :P

Our Guild Flag

  • The background is made up of four different colours, blue, red, green and light blue.
  • Blue represents trustworthiness, justice, loyalty and honour. It represents that our warriors can be trusted, fight for justice, are loyal and honourable.
  • Red represents brotherhood, courage, strength and health. It represents that our warriors are like brothers to each other, are brave, strong, fit and healthy.
  • Green represents success, good luck, prosperity and rejuvenation. It represents that the Alliance will be successful, lucky, and has the ability to prosper and rejuvenate.
  • Light blue represents happiness, healing, patience and serenity, in hopes of our warriors being happy, are able to get well soon from sicknesses and illnesses, are patience with things and are serene.
  • The handshake represents the alliance of the two former Guilds, and hopes that they can stay as brothers forever
Pretty soon, RCAlliance went down as we quited one by one due to boredom. Not like we like the name. Reminds us of a certain betrayal.

And by the way, Vernon and Justin pretty soon quited MeteorZ and formed Guilds of their own, named DemolitionZ and Shadow-something. Both sucky names.

Aftermath: Edmond created a Guild named Destiny Warriors. Nothing interesting. Disbanded later pretty soon.

Aftermath of the aftermath: When I decided to rejoin SP at a certain point of time (Yuchi and How Chee rejoined earlier than me), the three of us formed a Guild named RuniteKnight (12 letter name limit). I was RKHellfire, Yuchi was RKAquatic and How Chee was RKHurricane. Was more or less "heck cared".

Goodbye, Survival Project. The memories we have of you shall always be with us. :)

No comments: