Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Finally-A-Not-Boring-But-Interesting-Instead Wednesday Daily Post

Long title. Really long title. Yeah, today is really interesting. Let me grab a cup of coffee as I slowly blog.

This morning went with my cousin, Dave (those of you who read the last Raid Instance should be familiar with him), went swimming with me. We agreed to meet at 10:15am, but I left home early due to my mother's nagging (which is worse than four bulls, five lions, six tigers, seven leopards, eight jaguars and one bloody Chinese martial artist with his Lion's Roar combined, all roaring at you).

Lion's roar is the name of a semi-legendary fictional vocal attack technique of the Chinese martial arts, featured prominently in Steven Chow's 2005 Mo lei tau/Wuxia hit Kung Fu Hustle.

I reached the pool at ten o'clock, a bit too early. Dave called me to say that the three pairs of keys had already been taken by his mother, father and sister respectively and he does not have a key to open the door, so he has to wait for his mother. I proceed to swim alone, waiting for him. At about 11.30am, that slowpoke finally arrived. We swam for about an hour before finally deciding to go to the gym. Sadly, me, being the first time to go to a gym, did not bring a pair of sport shoes, so we cannot go in. Instead, we went to have lunch.

Realizing that I do not have much money, I suggested to Dave about buying cup noodles from 7-Eleven and eating them to save money. He agreed. We bought two cups of noodles, shared a Super Big Gulp, paid, and marched down Tampines Central to the nearest HDB flat. Yes, "marched". So after marching for about ten minutes, we found a table and a bench at the void deck of some HDB flat, and went on to have our "budget" lunch there.

While having our lunches, he asked if I am going to work with him next week to earn some extra pocket money, as a flyer distributer. -_- He even said that he is going to set up a flyer distributing company, as he had so much experience in distributing flyers (he started as a flyer distributor since seven years ago).

Then, we decided to play LAN (Local Area Network). We went to our regular LAN store, but it was closed. We went to both Tampines Mall and Century Square to look for one, but to no avail. Finally, we decided to take a bus to Tampines Mart. Being so far away, he swore he is going to beat me if the LAN store there is closed. :S

We went there. Thank Lord Saradomin it is opened. We played Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. He, being the "I can smash down any bloody person standing in front of me with this Bastard Sword I have" type of person, wanted to have a two-on-three match. Knowing we will get pwned terribly, I suggested a 3-on-3 match. He agreed.

I used Orc, he used Human, our computer ally used Orc, and the three enemy computers used Orc, Human and Orc respectively. They had seriously good teamwork and were able to both macro and micro very well. Well, that's obvious, they are computers. ^_^"

Macro means to develop your base very well, training units, researching upgrades and building structures efficiently, while just throwing your units into combat and not paying attention to them. Micro means to pay a lot of attention to your units, sometimes even controlling only one or two of them at a time to give yourself an advantage over battle. Most players focusing on micromanagement find that their bases lack units, upgrades and structures.

Obviously, we were thrashed, especially when there are only ten gold mines in the map and six players. In the middle, Dave had 7k gold and refused to share with me, the 200-gold guy. (Selfish... ) We weren't really good at teamwork on that game, thus we lost. We didn't even bother to save the computer ally's ass when he got attacked by all three enemies together. :P

Next, we tried a 2-on-2 game. I continued using Orc, while he switched to Night Elf. The map we are playing on had two bases really close to each other, that there are two ways to enter both players' bases (a Way Gate and a slope up the plateau). There were also eight gold mines on the game, four at the four corners of the map while the other four nearer to the center, being the one we started with. I quickly trained a Far Seer and some Grunts, upgrading my melee weapons and armour as well. He went for a Priestess of the Moon and some Archers. We quickly liberated both extra gold mines from creeps and I built a Great Hall near the Gold Mine near mine, while he, for some stupid reason, decided not to touch his gold mine.

We built our Voodoo Lounges and Ancient of Wonders (both shops that players can build) between the two bases, and quickly spam our Heroes, Grunts and Archers at the slope for defense. I even spammed Watch Towers, with him aiding with two Ancient Protectors. When we upgraded our Great Hall and Tree of Life to Stronghold and Tree of Ages respectively, I went to build a Spirit Lodge and started training Shamans, while he decided to build an Ancient of Lore to train Mountain Giants. After continuously creeping and defending our bases for enemies' attack, we charged in.

At first, I wanted to do a "Lure the Tiger Out of the Mountains" strategy, which means sending both our heroes (my Far Seer (Level 8) and his Priestess of the Moon (Level 10)) to the enemy bases, lure them out, then run all the way back to our bases, where my Shamans, Grunts and two of his Mountain Giants, not forgetting two of his Ancient Protectors and about thirty of my Watch Towers wait. :P It didn't really work well, as we took care of the enemies easily with two of us. I quickly used Feral Spirit to summon two Shadow Wolves to hold the enemies back, Chain Lightning to thin their HP, then Earthquake to cripple their Barrows (surpisingly neither of them had any Watch Towers... Hmm...) while Dave used the pwnage Starfall to severely cripple the units and the buildings.

Obviously, it worked. Well, obviously it did, seeing that we killed their Blademasters, Tauren Chieftains and Shadow Hunters when they came to commit suicide on our Watch Tower-flooded bases, they had no Heroes to efficiently defend. Impatient, I rushed my Shamans and Grunts, while he sent his remaining Archers and Mountain Giants. Halfway through the battle, my second Gold Mine collapsed. Know what I did? I send my 13 Peons and charge them towards the enemy base which we are not attacking! Yup, it's the Peon Action Party! Even Bloodlusted them with my Shaman for some fun.

Speaking of Bloodlust, that was really useful in our attack on the second base. As Bloodlust increased the attack speed by 40%, with my Tauren Chieftain's Endurance Aura, our troops' speeds were really fast. His Archers shot almost at the speed of light, while the sharp polearm of my Tauren Chieftain and the axes of my Grunts almost looked as if they are dancing.

At the end, if you wanted to know, I had a Far Seer (Level 10), Shadow Hunter (Level 6) and Tauren Chieftain (Level 2), while he had a Priestess of the Moon (Level 10) and a Keeper of the Grove (Level 1) which he trained and never used. ^_^"

After thrashing the enemies, we went home. Apparently my mother was entertaining some guests. And know what? The lock has some problems and cannot be unlocked! XD

After some futile attempts, armed with a hammer (For Doomhammer! ), a paperclip, a hairclip, a big-metal-scissors-what-cha-ma-call-it-tool-which-I-do-not-know-its-name and a another-big-metal-tool-which-I-do-not-know-its-name-but-instead-believes-it-is-used-to-hold-hot-items,
but to no avail.

Thrall, the current Warchief of the Horde in Warcraft, is armed with the "Doomhammer", a warhammer (possibly named after Orgrim Doomhammer) formerly used by Thrall's predecessor, Orgrim Doomhammer himself. When Orgrim fell in battle when freeing the Orcs in an Alliance Internment Camp, Thrall picked up Orgrim's warhammer and black armour and proclaimed himself as the Warchief of the Horde. In Warcraft III, when the player gives Thrall the command to attack, he may shout "For Doomhammer!".

And then my father comes. Bloody hell, he got annoyed and thought it was I who damaged the lock. What injustice is this?! Don't that foolish bastard actually understands that I too wanted to open the lock so I can get into the freaking house and play the computer? Unjust bastard. Keep the change, you bloody and filthy animal.

I went downstairs instead, watching three boys playing "monkey", a game where a player becomes a "monkey" and tries to snatch a ball as the others passed the ball to each other. After about three minutes, I asked to join in. Was quite fun actually. :P

Came back to see a stupid bastard still continued in his persistent attempt to break a lock. God damn it, if anyone can just break a lock like that, burglars would be filthy rich. Then he called for a locksmith to open it. After waiting for quite a while, where I listened to my MP3 player and practiced with my Infested Warspear, the locksmith came. Using a electricity-powered wheel, he managed to cut the lock into two, filled with tons of sparks. Damn, if I knew fire can do it, I should have burnt it down.

Then he expected seventy dollars. Bloody hell. I might as well become a locksmith myself... I can played World of Warcraft for three months with it. -_-

Then the guests my mother was entertaining went home. Bloody hell, their daughter is so damn chio!! I even forgot to take a picture or something! Damn it, I am such a blur f***er!

Chio: A somewhat impolite way of describing a woman as pretty.

Impolite my bloody foot.

Blur: Used to describe someone as rather inept or in a world of his own. May also be used to describe the feeling of being dazed.

My comments on reading this after a year and four months or so: ...........What. The. Fuck??

Anyway, I got back home and started blogging. The end.

Blog post was edited on 1 Nov (at 12.08am, 8 minutes after 31 Oct XD) to nuke those fucking dead images.

No comments: