Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CA is here. Bring it!

CA stands for Co-Assessment, and is just a lame series of test.

First test was Chinese. Runny nose plus pressure in lungs. X_X Think I'll do badly for the MCQs (Multiple-Choice Questions), and do well for the open-ended questions of the comprehension (come on, you just lift one whole chunk of text from the passage). Finished 15 minutes before the time to end and went to sleep. Had some rather weird dreams. o.O

One hour of break before Chemistry CA. Was at the library revising with Ephraim and Yoshida.

Chemistry next. I'm confident... that I will flunk it. -_- Most of the questions can be answered by memorizing the textbook, and I never memorize the textbook for a test, so I'd have done pretty badly. Bleh, who cares? It's just a cheap CA anyway. :P

And guess what? After the CAs, we still have lessons! Yay [not]!

Of all teachers to substitute for the absent Geography teacher, the school librarian had to come. She seems rather friendly with Ephraim. God knows why. Funny how when the bell ring and she gets ready to leave, she shouts "How come no one wants to greet me when I am leaving?" Honestly, who would want to greet her [if (s)he has a choice and is not forced to]? Whatever.

Chinese next. Teacher returned our essays, pointing out one bunch of our mistakes (then, I thought I made the most major mistake she pointed out) which ended up as her going so off-topic that she starts talking about sperms and eggs. Yes, sperms and eggs, as in human anatomy. Before she return the essays, she chucked one of them under her black bag on the desk and give out the rest. From a distance, I thought that the essay belongs to me, so I told Yoshida that. He suggested I took it back secretly, but of course, I'm not that hong kan. -_-

A while later, all of the essays have been distributed, with me not having it. The teacher took the essay under her bag and walked to Cheng Liang's place, showing it to him. She claims that the essay is written by another person and is thus not Cheng Liang's work. I was like "Oh my God, did Cheng Liang took my essay, change the name and it becomes HIS essay?". I turned back towards the teacher, and after moments of silence where I decided it best not to declare that that was my essay (in case I made a fiasco and that was not really my essay), I awkwardly told the teacher that I do not have my essay back. Elsen, sitting between Cheng Liang and I, then points to between my chair and my back, and there indeed is where I found my essay. Bloody hell. -_-

Lucky I didn't just declare that Cheng Liang's essay was mine. XD

After Chinese, we had A. Maths. Teacher was giving out instruction booklets to candidates taking 'O' level this year, as well as a verification slip to confirm which student take which subject. Some people are particularly interested in the fact that you can sit for the Bengali language in 'O' level, lol. Ends up I have to pay S$413 to take 'O' levels. Gee, what a ripoff, and they still dare charge in an additional $19.67 as GST. And the booklet contains so many shit that you can easily get confused. Oh well.

After all of the 'O' level commotion, the teacher tried to get everyone's attention back onto A. Maths, except that it proves rather difficult. Then she went "Class, can you all look at the - Faizal!" (Note: Faizal was apparently reading the newspaper halfway through the teacher's sentence.) Laughing, everyone obeyed and turned back to look at a laughing Faizal. We move onto 'small changes' in differentiation, and like always, the teacher takes her own sweet time, so I rushed through the worksheet and managed to finish it when she is still on the third last question. Yet, I do not know how to do the last question, so after asking Larry (who did not know how to do as well), I approached the teacher, and was told that I was quick (or maybe it is just she who is slow?). Turns out I differentiate y=x-1/2 wrongly. -_-

History is the last lesson, when we watched a video on China when Mao Zedong was the President. American English is difficult to understand in Singapore, and Mao Zedong did not talk as if he is speaking Chinese, so I doubt the class can even understand half of what they are saying. The video replaces the Chinese dialog (interview with old people who lived in China when Mao Zedong was President) with English, which is more difficult to understand. Meh, they'd have done better just adding subtitles. Sub pwns Raw. Rawr. XD

Teacher allowed us to go off 15 minutes before end of lesson. Yay.

No comments: