Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

First off, to all my nakama, my family and my friends, Happy Chinese New Year! :D

This blog post is made two hours into the Chinese New Year, and in other words, 2am on the first day of Chinese New Year. Mistakes are bound to be made when the sky is dark and the mind is less focused, so please excuse me for any typo errors, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and whatever crap wrong with this blog post. Thanks. :P

So, yesterday, I was last-minute shopping for a pair of new clothes. Chinese customs state that people must wear new clothing on the first day of the New Year or something like that, so might as well.

Two days ago, I went to Tampines Mall with the naggy woman of my mother. Either the design sucks, the colour sucks, or the price sucks. And my mother seem to pick up those clothes I hate most and suggest them to me. Freaking hell. So we went to Century Square. Actually wanted to buy a shirt with a collar and buttons, you know, to sort of show my 'maturity' (though I'm proud to admit that I'm still a child at heart, and very much one :D). So I chose one that seems to fit it, and guess what my mother said? "That looks like something your father would wear." Fuck it, for god's sake, who is the one wearing the damned pair of clothes? I don't get a decision in what I wanted to wear? And those she picked, either the colour sucks, or the design sucks, or worse, as happened a lot more times, both.

So I decided to "whatever, fuck it, let's just choose one and get the hell outta here". So I picked a T-shirt (sigh, mission failed :() with blue and red colours. Chinese customs state that red clothing is worn throughout the Chinese New Year, as red will scare away evil spirits and bad fortune. I state that red clothing is worn in remembrance of slaughtered brethren, as red signifies blood. Lol, Blood Elves. XD Blue is my favorite colour, kthsbye.

Remember from blog post Valentine's Day Gift that Sean and I went to Century Square to look at manga? Well, I went there again, and decided to buy One Piece Manga Volume 44. Though the expensive price ($8.10) sort of made me regret it, it was still a good buy. Indeed, reading the conversation word-by-word can cause me to spend two hours indulging myself in the Great Age of Piracy. XD A great manga, just too bad that we have it free online too. o.O

I watched Pokémon on TV this morning. XD Ash and his friends let out their Pokémon, and they angered six wild Geodudes. Kind of funny that they had to run out from those Rollout-abusing Rock Pokémon, when they have among their ranks Pokémon like Squirtle, Corpish, Grovyle and Mudkip, all of which deal quadruple damage to the Rock and Ground-types. And they still run like chickens. God.

Was pretty bored afterwards so I spent like three hours sleeping after reading my One Piece manga for a while. XD

Woke up at 5pm, when my father was in an urgent rush to get to grandfather's house for reunion dinner. Still feeling sleepy, I was like "It's alright. We are the earliest every year, it's time we reverse the situation." At 5.30pm, we left, and guess what when we arrived at 6pm?

There's only one pair of shoe outside my grandfather's house: My grandfather's shoes.

Wow, they win already lor, still reluctant to come after 6pm. SMSed Mark and Dave and asked where the heck are they. As usual, Dave did not feel bothered to reply. Mark, on the other hand, was bathing and stated to arrive at 7pm (if I remember correctly XD). I replied with a "I'm feeling sian." He asked me to count the number of leaves outside grandfather's house. o.O I gave him a bullshit number. XD Went to do Sudoku on today's Today. o.O Difficulty stated was 5 stars, and I can't finish it either way. XD

Sian: A wonderfully concise Hokkien adjective which conveys boredom, weariness, frustration and emptiness. The English equivalent would be "ennui".

At around 6.30pm, Edmond and his family arrived first. Next was Mark's family, and Dave's followed. Was watching The Best Bet on TV, but then something wrong with grandfather's television's reception, so quality sucks, and subtitles are unreadable. And the parents (not just mine) are chattering and chattering and chattering, so no one can hear a shit what the characters are saying. Conclusion? Fuck it.

Went to eat reunion dinner. Like every year before this year, we "children" (though no longer children again, more than half of us are already working XD) get to eat first. Like every year before this year, parents had to control what we eat, using chopsticks to take whatever we dislike into our bowls. Like every year before this year, I finished first, grabbed a cup of coca-cola and went upstairs to listen to my music in peace without disturbing others.

After a while, Mark and Edwin, Edmond's younger brother, came upstairs as well. Complaining about the warm temperature, Mark marched into grandfather's room and turned on the air-con. Edwin and I went in as well. Edwin, when not under adults' supervision, has an extremely violent side of him, and he tends to reveal it everytime we meet during around Chinese New Year. This time, during Chinese New Year Eve, is no difference.

A picture says a thousand words, and a video says a thousand pictures, so a video says a million words, and three videos say three million words. Just give me some time to add subtitles, since we mostly speak in Chinese. :)

All right, done. Made them into fillers for my fanfic One Piece Adventures which depict the adventures of me and my crewmates across the Grand Line. If you haven't read it yet, do so now! XD Anyway, here are the videos.

After that we played some card games using poker card. We first played Quadruple Seven, then Daidee, then some game where we traded cards to each other and the first player with four of the same number of cards win. Mark kept winning the 'trading' game. -_-

Then we went to grandmother's house, and then some Loyang temple to pray. Kind of boring, lol.

And then I went home and started blogging. XD

No comments: