Monday, February 19, 2007

Chinese New Year

Seeing that I stayed up to 5am the previous night to blog as well as to sub the videos, it is pretty incredible that I can manage to wake up at 9am with the help of an alarm clock. XD

Note: All money mentioned are in SGD (Singapore Dollars). Kindly refer to a currency converter for the amount of money in your own country.

Got a red packet from my old man, containing $100. Wow. XD We left at 10am in yet another sense of urgency, fearing that everyone would already be at grandfather's house but us. Stupid traffic jam halfway, I hate traffic jams. Decrease efficiency. -_- Reached grandfather's house at 11am, when we yet see again just one pair of shoes. -_-

Was thoroughly bored that morning, so was walking around grandfather's two-storey terraced house, helping do odd jobs and listening to music on my mobile phone. Grandfather gave me a $40 red packet. :D

At about 1pm, Dan, another cousin of mine (gee, I really should get a family tree up, everyone is all confused about which cousin is which XD), arrived with his family. His mother gave me a red packet consisting of twenty bucks. Okay, sure, I know that money is not of the problem, it's the thought that counts, but whatever. :P

Dan and I, due to a long-term 'isolation', were not talking much. Went to have lunch at 1.30pm, was eating most of the abalone on the table. XD At about 2pm, Dave came, relishing my boredom effectively. Dave's mother gave me a record-breaking $200. Now that's enough for a whole lot of stuff. :D

Dan, Dave and I were playing card games, like the game Dave and I played yesterday with Mark and Edmond that requires the winner to have four cards of the same number in his hand to win, and Quadruple Seven. Dave and I played a game of Fishing as well. We then decided to play blackjack, and gamble. XD Unleashed quite a few pwnage Five Dragons which gives me odds of 1:3. :D But then I still ended up only winning twenty cents. Lady Luck is not with me. T_T

Mark came later. His mother gave a $10, but I guess that's better than nothing, considering the fact that I don't think she likes my "don't give me a damn about parents" attitude. XD Mark joined in the blackjack game as well. XD Around that time, Dan had to leave, probably to go to the house of his maternal grandparents.

Then came Edmond. His mother gave me a $10 red packet as well, all in $2 plastic notes. XD And the red packet is of a bowman from MapleStory. Gee, I don't even play a bowman (okay, my odd bowman on Bootes is level 13 or 14. o.O), why the bowman? At least give me a warrior (level 40) or mage (level 28), right? XD Edmond joined the game as well after getting some 'financial security management'.

Then my family had to leave for grandmother's house. Dave said he wanted to go to his aunt's (mother's sister's) house, while Mark and Edmond were staying a bit later. We left.

Not surprisingly, we were first at grandmother's house. Read the newspaper with nothing to do, lol. Then Dan came a while later. Noticing that his father owns a Nokia 6280, I offer to connect both of our phones with Bluetooth and play games in multiplayer mode. We first played Rally 3D, when I got owned twice. Then we played Snake III and I won every time, due to him knocking into me, except for our last game when we knocked into each other and resulted in a draw.

Mark came. Nothing else better to do but to watch television. *rolls eyes*

After television, we went to the room to enjoy air-conditioning. XD Discussed about what to do, when we decided on playing basketball. Due to a lack of basketballs in grandmother's house, we had to nevertheless get one. Since Dan's house is the nearest, he called his friend, whom he bought a basketball with together, and asked for it. Dan then asked his father to bring the basketball from his friend's house, who is near his house. Grandmother heard of the plan and rejected it. Win already lor.

With nothing else to do, we stayed in the room. Ignoring Mark's suggestion for billiard and my great and perfect suggestion of ice-and-water (T_T), we decided to wait for Dave-aniki (big brother) XD. Dave came, and followed by Edmond and his brother Edwin. Entertainment in the form of violence ensured.

After minutes of violence and laughter, we settled down and played card games. We had a variety, from Cheat! to Blackjack, from Big Two to 'getting four cards of same number'. I won at the only game of Cheat! :D And during 'getting four cards of same number', Mark, Dave, Edmond and I were all playing 'ji seow' tactics (which we named ourselves XD), by keeping cards with different numbers in our hands to ensure no one can secure victory. Only Dan was collecting cards trying to get four of the same number. XD After that, Edmond had to leave, presumably to visit his father's friend(s).

Then, news of the fact that grandmother is following vegetarianism for the day, and that she did not cook dinner spread. We decided to walk to McDonald's (whack yourself on the head if you do not know what that is) across the PIE (Pan Island Expressway). Dan thought that we were supposed to run through the dangerous, car-filled expressway. Edmond pointed out obviously that there is an overhead bridge for us pedestrians. Mark suggested Dan run past the expressway naked. I agree that it is a good idea, seeing that everyone would stop, to take out their camera phones. Next day on the headlines of the newspaper, "Male teenager crosses road naked". o.O

The 'operation' was supported by my mother, who agrees that the dinner is not suitable for us. With that, we quickly went off towards McDonald's. Unable to find an ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) for Mark to withdraw $20 (don't ask why he need $20 for), we head to McDonald's directly. Mark and Dan ordered a set meal each for themselves, while Dave and I got three large packets of French fries for everyone to share. Almost could not finish it, due to the fact that I ate three slices of ba gua and a can of Coca-Cola back at grandmother's house just now.

Walking out of the restaurant with our stomaches full, we proceed back towards grandmother's house. We finally found an ATM on the way, yet Mark did not want to withdraw money any more. Lol wtf.

Back at grandmother's house, my mother informed grandmother that the four of us went to McDonald's for dinner. Yet, when we went back, some lame freaking smart alec bastard (one of us four, can't remember who) lied to grandmother that we were instead playing basketball just now. Thinking that we ate no shit and that we are hungry like fuck, grandmother offered one huge bowl of rice to each of our overwhelmingly full stomaches. Fucking bastard, I feel like beating up the lying smart alec. So, I, being the most full, had no desire to add any more shit to my stomach, especially when the food looks... unappetizing. So I got reprimanded. What. The. Fuck. This world has no more justice.

Went back to the room playing more card games. Yawn, I miss those Chinese New Years when our yet immature minds allow us to play ice-and-water. I guess I kinda dislike being a grown-up now (Child at heart here :D).

We decided to ji seow Edwin some more with my video camera. Then I used my red packet as bait and lured Edwin to get it. Unable to do so, he started beating me up with his painful punches, so I went outside and basked under the protection of the adults. Until his mother and grandmother came, thinking that I snatched Edwin's red packet and watch him futilely snatch it back, took MY red packet and gave it to Edwin. -_- God, this world has no more justice.

We left at midnight sharp. Looking forward to whatever shit we'll have tomorrow.

No comments: