Thursday, February 15, 2007

School Day

Strangely, I have been rather sleepy these past two days. I always sleep before 11pm (sometimes accidentally or purposely going after the time for a while though), and I still feel as if I need more sleep. Going to sleep earlier is not an option either, I have a serious time constraint due to school life and EPP, which cut into my time so much I have not been playing RuneScape for several days already. T_T

Like yesterday, I heard the alarm go off at 6am, yet I could not be bothered to wake up. My mother comes into my room at 6.15am and tries to wake me up, but I told her not to, promising myself silently that I will wake up at 6.30am to have breakfast. Come 6.30am, I still did not want to wake up, thinking I'll have breakfast in school. So I slept to 6.45am, when I have no choice but to get my lazy ass off the bed and change into my school uniform.

Kinda pathetic, eh? :P

Today, February 15, is not only Total Defence Day, but also some Children Cancer Day. Anyway, we are to wear a lame yellow ribbon to raise awareness for it. When I asked Wei Sheng why he did not put it on when the teacher asked us to, he made a good point by replying "If you want to help, you either donate money or help out in their activities. What's the freaking use of raising awareness?". But meh, whatever, we have to wear it anyway. Luckily it is only for one day.

And here comes the Total Defence Speech, spoken by a Girl Guide in my class and a black bastard in a freaking Scouts uniform. Do they really have to say that speech every single freaking year? I mean, I already know those five aspects of Total Defence since I was four, and I can even read them with their letters reversed! Listen! Yratilim Ecnefed, Lacimonoce Ecnefed, Livic Ecnefed, Laicos Ecnefed dna Lacigolohcysp Ecnefed. I know I'm pro.

When we reached the classroom, rumours of the whole class getting a yellow form for each student are spread by Mr. Sean Philip Lim, our dear President of the Student Councillor who is not to be mixed up with the other Sean, who is a really good friend of mine. Some sarcastically cheer, some were shocked, some were surprised, some showed genuine terror in their face. I was one of those who cheered. :P Mr. President has some verbal problems, thus when asked why, his answer does not sound as if it belongs in an English dictionary. And when Yoshida went to pick up the two flyers on childhood cancer that were given to us just now and which we threw away onto the floor (:P), I suspected it was because of littering in our class. Well, I just took a look at the messy piles of textbooks and workbooks Angeline and Hiok Joo, the two girls who sit in front of me, dumped messily and I can tell as much. I replied by picking up the tissue Ephraim used for wiping marker ink out of a transparency the previous day and chucking it into the bin.

It was Geography first period. Teacher was talking about urban renewal of Singapore about forty years ago, and simply seems to jump left and right in the textbook, to the extent where I was confused and no longer knew what she was talking about. Can't be bothered to listen, I simply flipped to where I last read the book to and started reading on India's electronics industry. I wonder why those MNCs chose to set up their business in India. I mean, their employees aren't a pleasant sight, are they?

Social Studies next. She gave us yet another structured-essay question and expected us to finish it by end of period. Wow, isn't it good to be a humanities teacher? Just give out questions and collect them. -_- Meanwhile, the teacher was collecting the Social Studies files to note who have them and who did not. Jasmine apparently can't find hers. To tell the truth, I was sorta worried for her, hehheh, and I suggested buying a new one, since our files are all empty anyway. Fortunately, she managed to find it. Thank Lord Saradomin. :) Unfortunately, I finished the structure-essay question first, so when the teacher asked who is finished, I was forced to give out the files. Damn, I'm never declaring that I finish first ever again. -_- Ephraim and Vernon, two smart alecs who finished after me, had to give out marked worksheets. Haha, owned, bubs. :P I got back my test paper. Looking at the bright side, I passed, with a score of 26/50. Looking at the other side, Yoshida had 34, Ephraim 35 and Vernon 30. -_- When the teacher annouced the highest marks for boys, she declared it was Yoshida with 34, forgetting about Ephraim. That shorty gets double-owned. :P She didn't collect the homework she gave out last week. God damn it. And I rushed to finish it the previous night when I could have blogged about One Piece 294 (which was good yet sort of boring, wait for my review). Nmaa whatever.

Elementary Mathematics (E. Maths for short) was next. When the teacher, who happens to be our form teacher, came in, the first thing she talked about was us getting yellow forms. Apparently, it was because during the last two days, our Physics teacher was sick (hope he gets well soon, he's one of the best science teachers I ever had... Then again, the competition isn't really strong...) and a relief teacher came for two of his periods. She gave us topics in the Ten-Years-Series to do. After writing the instructions, she cared no more about the class, going off one side and reading a book (which Yoshida strongly believes is a Kama Sutra) and when the bell rings, signifying the end of the class, she just walks off without dismissing us. And then, guess what? She comes and informs the Disciplinary Master that we were making too much noise for the two hours she was in our class! Now come on, this is pure injustice, and you know it. Of course, the whole class knows it as well, so we made cries of protest to our form teacher. She better brings justice to this case, I tell you... Of course, we can solve it by another alternate way that involves the word 'violence'. :) The unhappy class asks for her name, hoping to settle it with her one way or another. Our teacher seems to be able to read our minds, and refused to give her name, until a while later reveals it as "Cynthia", which was also the name of one of our classmates. Needless to say, everyone went to stare at her. Yoshida, being very unhappy, wants to write her name on the Death Note, with a very cruel, evil and sadistic way of killing her, for which I shall not blog about due to the fact that I do not wish any children reading this to get a haunted nightmare tonight. Yoshida also talked something about a petition, asking the whole school to sign it. Then we will show it to the principal. If he rejects it, we take it to the MOE, and if that doesn't work, we'll take it to the President of the United States!! Though I was fast to note that George Bush probably doesn't even care about us anyway. XD Honestly, if the whole class really got yellow forms, this is going to be the most ridiculous disciplinary action ever taken in the whole history of education, which existed as far as back as Greek times if not earlier.

Wow, long paragraph. O.O Anyway, for the remainder of the E. Maths lesson, we learned more about vectors. I rushed through the worksheet given without any difficulty and proceeded to do the questions in the textbook stated at the end of the worksheet with speed. When I finished all but two questions left, the whole class was still at the end of the worksheet. -_-

After recess, when Yoshida, Ephraim and Vernon were all discussing about and looking up difficult English words for don't know what reason and when Vernon was threatening to beat up the Physics relief teacher if he can find her, we had Chinese. Teacher merely reads the textbook to us. I spent a majority of my time sleeping. :P

Next was English, when we had to write a composition. Now that explains why those three were doing shit during recess. The one I wrote was a disaster, with a lousy storyline and hardly any good adjectives for description. I should be glad if I can pass. XD The composition topic was "Write about a time when you saw the unpleasant side of a friend you really liked" or something like that. Of course I got to make it up. All right, so what if Yujun and Peter smoke, Dave is always late, Stefan and his weird personality and those shit? They are still my nakama. No way am I going to defame them like this. No way in hell, man.

Chemistry SPA (Science Practical Assessment) was last. I was saying stuff like "I bet you five bucks our teacher will reprimand us for being late." Yoshida added, "No need to bet. I confirm she will." Ended up she didn't. Rofl. Had to sit with Fym during the lesson. We had to plan a procedure for testing out whether which shell contains more calcium carbonate. At the start, I decided to react it with acid, but not knowing what its results would get, I wrote down the chemical equation, deciding to use hydrochloric acid and starting with CaCO3 + HCl →. I worked out the equation, knowing that the reaction would form a salt, calcium chloride, thus I wrote CaCO3 + HCl → CaCl2. With the remaining hydrogen atom, a carbon atom and three oxygen atoms, I can clearly tell that the [insert opposite of reactants here, forgot, I think products :P] are water and carbon dioxide, so I completed the stupid chemical equation CaCO3 + 2HCl → CaCl2 + CO2 + H2O, not forgetting to balance it. Somehow, I mixed up with hydrochloric acid and wrote, on my paper, hydrogen chloride. XD Took me a while to find and correct that silly mistake. Another mistake I made was that I somehow thought the gases produced were carbon dioxide and hydrogen. o.O When I went to Yoshida later, I asked why he only wrote to measure the volume of carbon dioxide. I then wrote the stupid chemical equation on his paper, and he, with an insult, told me that it is actually water, not hydrogen. Blur Samy. :P I did not state the mass as well, thinking it'd be stupid to crush the shell into powder and measure the mass just for constant variation's sake. But whatever, since everyone wrote it, I might as well jump onto the bandwagon as well. I just wrote "Add 1g of Shell X", making people wonder, "How the hell do I add one gram of Shell X?". I'd be damn if the teacher did not wonder that, to be truthful.

Blur: Used to describe someone as rather inept or in a world of his own. May also be used to describe the feeling of being dazed. A common usage is "Blur like sotong".

And school is over, whee! :D Damn, this blog entry took me one hour. -_-

Note: While writing the paragraph on Chemistry SPA, my grandmother called and asked for my father (who's sleeping) and my mother (who's AFK. I mean away. Computer geek. XD), and for the first time I can remember, actually said "bye". O.O

No comments: