Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Handphone

Note: Handphone is Singlish which actually means cellphone or mobile phone. I'm just too used to the term "handphone" to use the proper English one. Thanks.

Bought a new handphone yersterday, whee! :D

Went to Tampines Mall at about 5pm, to the M1 shop on the third floor. Queue was long, so I had my mother queue up first while my father and I went around the shop and looking at handphone models. I took a liking for Nokia 6288. Good camera functions and availablity of MP3 and radio functions. Thought Vernon's is the same, turns out his is Nokia 6280. -.- Looks the same though.

Boring detail now.

Network of UMTS, GSM 900, GSM 1800 and GSM 1900. Dimension of 10cm x 4.6cm x 2.1cm, weight of 115g. Size of 240 x 320 pixels (lol ratio of 3:4. I thought it'd be HDTV of 16:9... T_T 3:4 = 4:3 when you reverse it :D). It has a type of polyphonic with 64 channels and MP3. Phonebook of 500 x 16 fields, and card slot comes with 512MB free. Compare that to 6280's 64MB. Bub, owned. :D Camera of 2 megapixels, 1600x1200 pixels, VGA video, flash; secondary video call VGA camera. Other functions include Push to Talk, Java MIDP 2.0, Stereo FM radio (visual radio), MP3/AAC/M4A/eAAC+ player, T9, Organiser, SyncML, Voice dial/memo, Built-in handsfree and a standard battery, Li-Ion 1100 mAh (BP-6M). No idea what most of them are. *shifty eyes*

There were a bunch of numbers available for new people, all of them which start with "8282". It is supposedly a lucky number for Chineses, though I do not know what it actually means, and since Chinese New Year is coming up, might as well. My father found a number "8282 8386". I asked him why it is nice. Turns out 8386 is from our apartment number #08-386. Now there's one benefit of buying 4D. (Edit made on 28 March 2008: I'm referring to new handphone numbers for those wanting to get a new handphone and line, by the way)

So yeah, bought one. Went to food court on forth floor in Tampines Mall for dinner. Pure expensive. Not going there to eat again. -_-

Came home at 8.30pm (queuing up takes about one whole bloody hour -_-) and spent thirty minutes keying my Contacts into my new handphone. I should have read the manual sooner and located where the Infrared is, so I can easily send business cards through Infrared instead of keying every single number into it. -_-

Whatever. Finished Contacts at 9pm, and had to revise for the two tests the next day (in other words, today). Or should I say, forced to revise. Pumped in a lot of effort into Chemistry, spending two hours of drinking coca-cola just for its caffeine just that I would not fall asleep. Woke up at 5am again in the morning for Chemistry. Coca-cola = Life for midnight oil burners and devoted computer gamers.

A. Maths is easy (don't quote me on that, skali I fail o.O), despite me just briefly reading it, while Chemistry is so difficult even despite reading the textbook for more than three hours. Bloody hell. Don't want to put any more effort into Chemistry liao lah! Focus on other seven subjects, I just need to pass five subjects to enter Polytechnic anyway. -_-

Skali: Adapted from the Malay word sekali, meaning "once" or "on one occasion", denoting a one time occurrence. However, in Singlish, it is commonly used convey a general cautionary sentiment with a hint of foreboding. ' Skali' loosely means any one of the following, depending on the context: "If you're not careful, you may find out that..."; "What would happen if..."; "Unexpectedly, it turns out that..."
Liao: A Hokkien tag which depending on the context can mean either "already" or "finished".
Lah: The ubiquitous Singlish tag. Used like a fullstop in a sentence.


During recess, I paid $8.30 for Chemistry Ten-Years-Series. Bloody waste of money, and I only had $6.35 during that time, so I borrowed two bucks from Ephraim. Bloody hell lah, now I -$1.95. Win already lor. Note to self: Pay Ephraim two bucks tomorrow back.

Spent three entire hours trying to futilely install some lame shit program called Nokia PC Suite to transfer files between my computer and my new handphone. Turns out I only need to access F: folder and dump everything into the memory card. Bloody hell, waste of my valuable precious time. -_- Time is suddenly so useful to me, because stupid school takes up almost half. -_-

So now my handphone is filled with every song my iPod Nano has (wonder what am I going to do with my poor MP3 player now T_T), and downloaded a One Piece theme as well. Luffy at the wallpaper has the evil look, as if saying "Watch out, I'm going to kick your ass". Scary. :S But there's only one theme on One Piece in the website I looked in. Better than nothing, I guess.

Now I'm trying to edit my One Piece 273 (favorite episode :D) to make it smaller, limited size in handphone, haha. Now I can watch Luffy go Gear Second and pwn Blueno with a Gomu Gomu no Jet Bazooka everywhere! :D Provided I did bring my handphone out. Fear the quality would be like shit, lol.

After that, I'm going to rip Believe, Kokoro no Chizu, Brand New World, We Are (Straw Hats Version) and Crazy Rainbow out of the One Piece episodes I have and add them to my handphone. Maybe I should download episodes with We Are, Hikari E and Bon Voyage as openings and rip them out as well. XD

Six more days to Valentine's Day, time indeed does not wait for anyone, haha.

No comments: