Thursday, March 15, 2007

Basketball

Went out to play basketball with Sean and Hong Wei today.

We agreed to meet up at 1.15pm, so armed with my basketball, I left my house at 12.30pm. I was practicing at the basketball court near my house for a while, while waiting for the bus to come, and oh gosh, I can't even get a shot in. >_< If practice makes perfect, then I'm terrible. ^_^" I don't play basketball much anyway, lol.

The bus came, and I stopped at the bus stop near Sean's house, agreeing to meet there first before we go off to meet Hong Wei at our designated meeting point. At Sean's house's void deck, while waiting for him, I was listening to my MP3, and before I can even enjoy the music for an entire music, some lame bangla came to me and talked a lot of cock about some stupid organization I don't give a damn about. It's not that I don't have the compassion to help, it's just that 1. I am happening to be listening to music and I don't like to be disturbed, 2. After waiting for my friend, we are going off to meet another friend, and I do not like to keep the latter waiting, 3. I don't like that bangla and 4. I know I'm racist. So, whatever, just listened to some of his cock out of courtesy, blah blah, then Sean came. His face when he walked out of the lift was like 'What the fuck? Why is Samy talking to a bangla?' sort of face. XD So anyway, the bangla also sort of forced Sean to listen to his cock together, so blah blah blah, lol. Halfway, the bangla asked whether Sean is a Singaporean, and I silently thought, "No, no, you bastard, he's from Bangladesh" (I was being sarcastic, lol). During the entire conversation, the bangla was like "I'm not asking you anything, really." Then at the end of the entire crappy conversation, he wants us to buy some stupid tickets for five bucks each. What the fuck? He could have skipped the entire crappy conversation, together with his fake claim that he is not asking anything from us, and just sell us the damn tickets, but no, he has to bullshit and bullshit and bullshit. That's why I hate banglas. I was like talking to Sean in Chinese, "Let's get some way to get the hell out of here.", and Sean even wanted to just donate two bucks, lol. I wouldn't even donate two cents if it were me. Then the bangla won't accept the two dollars, lol. Sean was being really stupid in my opinions, just give the two dollars to someone having to sleep in the streets (I saw two when I had to go to the clinic during midnight the previous day), rather than giving it to a bangla who wouldn't even accept Sean's parents' hard-earnt money (it IS really hard-earnt, as Sean's family's economical status is not exactly what we can call good). So anyway, after a long while, the bangla finally decided to scram. Freaking hell, I hate people who wastes time talking crap.

On the way to the bus stop near the library, where the three of us agreed to meet, Sean was talking about some funny video he was watching, lol. Halfway, he comments that he is hungry as he has not have lunch yet, and after adding that I did not have lunch too, we went to a bakery. He bought a waffle (lol, finally I know what a waffle is, as well as what to call the food item you buy at bakeries XD), while I bought nothing, as I was not hungry. While waiting for the waffle, he was talking about two funny occasions that happened while he was swimming yersterday.

Firstly, there were a group of girls (a bit older than him, if I remember what he said correctly) who had a goggle at the bottom of the deep pool (which is 1.8 metres if I remember correctly). Sean, thinking the girls could not reach it, went to dive and pick up the goggles for them (now there's your hero saving damsels in distress XD). Turns out the girls were just having diving practices. I can practically imagine the girls' faces, all staring at Sean like and thinking "What the fuck is this boy doing?" XD Better luck next time, Sean!

Secondly, he was at the deep pool, when there is a Malay kid (about 5 to 6 years old if I remembers correctly) at the deep pool. He was like 20 centimetres away from the border of the pool, yet he seems to be struggling as if almost drowning and needing help. Sean, thinking that he was just fooling around, did not seem to bother, but as he witnesses the life guard walking down the tower, he thought that there seems to be something wrong, so he helped the kid to get up to land. Turns out the kid was really drowning rofl. 20 centimetres from the border by the way. Have fun.

After that, we went to the supermarket to buy drinks for playing basketball later. We bought a large bottle of H2O, and then proceed to the bus stop near the library. We reached there at 1.05pm, and I was predicting Hong Wei would be late. Sean SMSed his cousin, Desmond, who lives nearby, asking if he wants to come and play basketball together. Apparently, Desmond gives Sean too much crap, so Sean just says forget it, lol. At about 1.14pm, we got bored of waiting at the hot bus stop and decided to go to the nearby library to wait, when Hong Wei turns up, running towards us and wearing his school PE T-shirt.

We actually wanted to go to the basketball court located near SunPlaza Park, but Hong Wei suggests that the basketball court in Tampines North Community Center is much better, so whatever, we went there. We had a match, where since Hong Wei is such a pro in basketball, Sean and I teamed up against him. Sean was really good in blocking Hong Wei's movements, and when Sean fails, I'll run up from behind to stop him, lol. The basketball court is located just next to a steep slope that leads right to a road, so twice (or is it thrice?) has our basketball rolled down and into the road. Once (or is it twice?) I hurriedly went down and kicked the ball towards the court while avoiding cars, and once Sean went. What the hell, trying to make it dangerous for basketball players and car drivers alike? The two of us lost 6 to 7, haha, but it was a good match nevertheless (Hong Wei shoots too many three-pointers, compared to us, who sucks in shooting XD).

We rested for a while, drinking almost two-thirds of what we bought. After a long chat between three best friends in the same school four years ago and same class five years ago, we started playing H-O-R-S-E. We had scissors-paper-stone to determine the order. Hong Wei and I both got a scissors, while Sean got a paper, so we decided that he goes first. Next, Hong Wei and I played, and I won, so I used the excuse that I win to decide the order, and that I go first (Hong Wei is so pro at shooting whoever is behind him is sure to be dead, so I 'sacrificed' Sean for it XD). Sean was losing rapidly, so I decided to annoy Hong Wei by shooting really close to the basket, lol. I only got a 'O', while Hong Wei got a 'R' and Sean got a 'S'. When Sean got a 'E' and was out, I forfeited as well, lol, seeing that I can't possibly beat him one-on-one. XD

I suggested going to Tampines Mall to enjoy the air-con and cool down, lol, and they agreed after a while. We went, and along the way, bought another bottle of H2O at the same supermarket. At Tampines Mall, we went to Popular, and I bought Pokémon Adventures Volume 11, while Sean showed off the wide variety of manga he read to Hong Wei (something that is being getting standard, whenever Sean approaches a shop selling anime and manga). Borrowed Sean's Popular card for a discount, but lol, some shit rule about 'fixed price', so no discount. XD

We went to sit down at a staircase between the basement and the first floor. Sean was initially sharing the audio and video clips in his handphone to Hong Wei and me, while I read my newly bought manga. Sean then discussed with Hong Wei about various mangas and animes and stuff. After about a long hour or so, I persuaded them to continue playing basketball. Initially they refused, but still went, lol.

We went to a nearby basketball court, but there are already people playing there, but the hot sun makes those two lazy bums lethargic, so we were just sitting down and watching the rest play. After a long while, I persuade them to head to the basketball court near Yujun's house.

We went there, and had three-pointer shootouts to determine who team with who. Halfway, three people challenged us to a three-on-three match, and I was like "We are bound to lose", lol. Sean accepted it. Was playing quite seriously at first, but then some guy gave me the 'really furious' face, and I could tell he is a gangster, lol, so I just play with no motivation, lest he starts to beat me up. Pfft, I don't wanna clean blood off my sword again, it's a pain in the ass. So anyway, we lost, lol. Sean scored a three-pointer (which seems to be really lucky), while Hong Wei scored most of the goals on our team. Heh.

We went to sit down, drinking drinks that we bought from a nearby convenience store. After a boring long while, I once again had to persuade them to continue playing basketball. Seriously, they are too lazy, rofl. XD After much effort, we finally went back to the basketball court, but there were three Malay bitches playing soccer. Fearing being hit, we instead went to play monkey rofl.

After a while, we bought more drinks, and then Hong Wei left to catch a bus, while I accompanied Sean to his house, where my father's car is waiting to fetch me. XD

No comments: