Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cycling Trip With Yujun

Went on a tiring cycling trip with Yujun.

At 1.30pm, I left my house, having to walk due to the tyres of my bicycle having no air in them. I pumped them with air halfway, and then cycled to Yujun's house. Here's a map.



The 'X's used to mark locations on the map magically turned into 'H's. Don't ask, don't tell. :P

I'm walking from east to west by the way (Right to left for idiots who fail in navigation). First, blue H is when Yujun called me, hurrying me. Second, yellow H is when I pumped my tyres with air, and I cycled the rest of the journey. Olive green square is Yujun's house.

Reached his house at 2pm, and after a while, grabbing his bag and rollerblades, Yujun was ready to go, and we depart to East Coast. Another map is in order.



This time we were travelling from north to south (up to down for failures). We first went on a detour to get ourselves some drinks (the first blue square is where we bought our drinks). We bought a 1.5 litre of mineral water and a 1.5 litre of coca-cola to share among ourselves. We then went all the way, taking a break here and there in bus stops along the way whenever we are tired (I did not note them on the map because there are too many stops we break at. Don't expect me to memorize exactly every single location). On a particular break, he went to look at what songs I had in my handphone, and I found out that he listened to Hikari E (the third Opening of anime One Piece) as well! XD The second square marks the location of one of the bus stops we rested in. It was memorable because I see some Scouts walked past. Wanted to go disturb them, rofl. Another break, I shared with him the audio clip of the two Chinese men harrassing the Indian. Was laughing like no tomorrow, rofl. Scared him quite a bit with my laughter lol.

See the brown line near the bottom of the map? Between the red and brown lines (more to the north), I saw the map. One glance and I could tell this is what they call a "park connector", and following the road would bring us to East Coast. I stopped Yujun (who memorized the route and wanted to move straight, turning at a junction in front) and then we decided to use it.

It was a freaking mistake. The road is so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong and boring. No scenery, no benches for resting, no cars challenging your authority, just a road with a stinking drain beside you. And did I mention it was loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong? Half way past the Bedok Camp adjacent to us, there were these big words "ELITE GUARDS". And the first thing I thought was the quote made by Rexxar in the third and final Orc campaign of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne when the Orcs finally reached the Elite Guards trying to defend Admiral Proudmoore - "The Admiral's Elite Guards are trying to cut us off! Slay them immediately!" (or something like that). XD

After travelling that looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong road, I can safely tell you now that I hate stripes. Useless pieces of shit placed on the road when it is going to turn sharply (90 degrees) or downhill, they effectively cut off that speed you gathered up hardworkingly by at least three quarters. God damn it. Clever people will know how to effectively turn to avoid crashing or simply just brakes and slows down (which does not cause major vibrations, I may add) and turn. The stripes are useful, yes, but only in stopping idiots who are unable to turn his bicycle left or right, idiots who are unable to slow down and/or stop his bicycles and/or idiots not wanting to slow down or turn (in which case I fully assure you that they deserve to crash ahead and die). In other words, the stripes are as useful as... I can't think of something that is completely useless. X( In other words, the stripes are completely useless.

After the loooooooooooooooooooooong road, we reached a tunnel that will allow us to cross under the East Coast Parkway. It was rather stupid to be honest. The tunnel connects to the Park Connector (which only bicycles and rollerblades will use, seeing that the tunnel is in fact in the middle of nowhere). Yet, they put staircases there. Clever, clever. For goodness' sake, just put a slope there. It can be steep, yes, just walk down the staircases while grabbing onto your bicycles, applying the brake at 50%. Much much better than carrying your bike and walking down. -_-

We then decided to go to the food court. Halfway, I was ringing like mad, yet a boy refused to make way, still standing in the middle of the road. Note that I was going downhill. Anyway, seeing that the bugger wouldn't get lost, I had to quickly brake like crazy, with brakes to both wheels as well as two feets on the ground. Luckily I stopped right in front of him. His father came and lectured me, something about going extreme speed at pedestrains' road. If he thought I would pay attention, then he is utterly wrong, for I don't give a damn.

Halfway, we saw a structure for cyclists and other people to go up for a better view of the East Coast Park (it was still under construction two months ago when we went there). We obviously went up, taking the only spiralling path around the circular structure with our bicycles and rollerblades. The center part (which is taller, thus leading to a better view) is barricaded, presumely still under construction, yet two (I don't know what adjectives to use. Were they brave, or simply had a death wish?) Malays went up. Yujun was smoking, while I was walking around looking at the view.

We went to the food court, and Yujun ordered a plate of oysters with egg and curry for the two of us to share. It was so hot I was drinking coca-cola with every bite lol. XD Apparently the plate of oysters caused ten bucks. Whoa, I would surely think twice before buying if I were him. XD

Please refer to this Wikipedia picture. See that rocky thing in the center vertically and to the right horizontally? I shall refer to it as "TEH ROCK". No arguments about it please. :)

Feeling awfully tired, we decided to find one TEH ROCK to sit down and rest. We found one at about 3.45pm with no one, but we had to cross a 'bridge' of 'rocks', passing the sea and the waves, to get to it.



See the thing at the end of the 'bridge'?



It's my faithful and loyal bike! :D

When we got there, we sat down and rest. There were some empty glass beer bottles, and Yujun took one and rolled it down TEH ROCK into the sea. Pointless lol, just contributes to the water pollution. And Yujun yet claims the glass reacts with the seawater to pollute it. XD



He was sitting down, enjoying the breeze and the view (more like enjoying his cigarette though), while I was photographing around, taking photos of every little thing that interests me. XD



Pretty waves that go up TEH ROCK. Two went so high up the first one hit my legs and the second one had water droplets on my map (which we took out to study the route we took here).



In Singapore, no matter where you go, you will always see tall buildings. That is a fact.



A picture of Bedok Jetty.



The sky is so clear...! O.O Too bad the sun is a bit hot. Curse the sunburnt I got there. X(

A while later, a uncle with a fishing rod (obviously he is here to fish) came, and Yujun, interested in fishing as well, started to talk with the uncle. I joined in later. The uncle was really nice, lol. We talked about a lot of things too. Apparently, he once saw a female ang mo skinny dipping in East Coast in the afternoon, and Yujun was like so horny, "Did you take a photo?" XD

At 4.30pm we left, and cycled all the way back to Tampines. Was damn tired during and after the journey rofl. Halfway, Yujun almost tripped and fell (his whole body lunged forward), but fortunately he regained his balance. Unfortunately, he dropped his spectacles, and on my rush to ensure his safety, I went forward, too late to react to his "No! Stop!" and crush his specs with my wheels. Sorry, Yujun. :(

After that, we went to Yujun's house, lol.

No comments: