Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mr. Bean's Holiday

Was watching Mr. Bean's Holiday in the cinema with Yujun and Ruwan today. Pity those Americans who have to wait until 29 September to watch it. XD

Initially planned to go to Yujun's house at 2.45pm, leave with him and Yuchi at 3pm, meet up with Ruwan at Tampines Mall and then proceed to buy the tickets for 3.20pm. After watching the movie, we'll head to the arcade, play a while, and then head to McDonald's for dinner (that's kind of what I did with Sean, Hong Wei and Wenjia when we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets five years ago, lol).

Alas, in life, things don't always go as smoothly as planned.

Went out with my father at 1.55pm, who wanted to have lunch. Due to me being not hungry but rather wanting to eat popcorn in the cinema, I decided to have him bring me to Yujun's house first before he goes off for lunch. I arrived at 2.25pm, 20 minutes early. Not knowing that he was having tuition, I rang the doorbell and called his name. After quite a while, he came down, but his sleeping father was the only one with the keys. He went up to wake him up, and then I went in.

My first impression of his tutor was, "What the hell? Who the fuck is this guy?" He was fat, short, wearing those short pants that I would only dare to wear at home, and worse of all, sitting in a position that exposes the shape of his... genital. Yeah, not only is it simply a bad impression... It is the worst impression that someone can get out of you.

Not knowing who the heck this is, I simply went in (barged would be a better word here though ^_^") and greeted Yuchi with a "Yo!", completely ignoring the guy. XD Yuchi was showing off the crystal he made (obviously by using crystallisation). It was white in colour, in small lumps that combine together to form a big blot, and is inside a small plastic bag. The heck? Turns out he used table salt, lol. That explains the lame white colour easily.

Yujun came in and we then started talking about the movie later. Yujun and Yuchi sort of wants to change the movie we are going to watch to Stomp the Yard and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles respectively, lol... They then assumed I had booked the tickets already by misinterpreting the meaning of what I said during an online conversation, which I obviously am too lazy to. After quite a while of confusion, I then decided to buy the tickets first. Armed with the handphone number of Yujun's dad [Yujun doesn't have a handphone (although he is saving up to buy one), and his mother changed the number of their home phone, making the number private (so their number does not show up on Caller IDs, annoying those two who initially tried to call their friends and hope they can retrieve the number of their home phone from them) and not letting the two of them know the number (as you might have guessed from my previous comment). Then again, those two brothers can be up on the phone for a looooooong time. Trust me on this one, I was a victim several years ago ;) XD], I went to Tampines Mall alone, the bravery burning inside me ready to face against all sorts of hostility and danger. *shifty eyes*

One word can describe the shopping mall: Crowded.

I went up to the forth floor with difficulty passing through the large and stationary crowd, and started queuing up the line to buy the tickets. What the heck, the screens showed that the tickets for Mr. Bean's Holiday are sold out in 3.20pm, and tickets for 4.30pm, 5.30pm and 6.40pm and 'selling fast', and I assumed that they could be sold out very fast. I called Yujun's father and asked for Yujun's opinions. He had to in turn ask for Ruwan's opinions.

Yujun was taking a rather long time as I move up the queue. Finally, with like only five people left in front of me, I called Yujun impatiently. Yuchi, somehow, is unable to go, and so I simply had to buy three tickets for 4.30pm. After waiting for a while, at the counter, I asked for three tickets for 4.30pm, yet there were all individual seats. And guess what? They suddenly have three tickets for 3.20pm. What the heck? >_< Had to consult Yujun again. Freaking hell, the girl behind the counter was like "Hurry! Hurry!" and ended up having to serve the guy before me first while I waited for Yujun to pick up the phone (his father diverted the call from his handphone). So, yeah, three tickets, 3.20pm.

It was a good 3pm when I finished the purchase. Storing the tickets in my bag safely, I decided to head down to Popular Bookstore first, to buy Pokémon Adventures volume 12. Freaking long queue, fueled by the slowness and inefficiency of the two guys at the counter. Was waiting very impatiently, especially since I had to head back to Yujun's house, and that I had a movie to catch. Some small bangla kid want to annoy me by cutting my queue. I raised my fists and cracked them. He fled, wetting his pants. Bastard. If he didn't run away swift enough, my Impatient + Anger + Racist = Soul Energy MAX!!

After buying the manga, I didn't even have time to rip the plastic cover and start reading. It was 3.10pm now, as I hurried over to Yujun's house. 3.15pm, he called me and told me to wait at the convenience store near his house. Already near his house, I suggested meeting at the void deck. After waiting for a while at the void deck, I could see his hair exiting out of his house (XD luckily he was tall, or I wouldn't have seen anything! XD). I called to him and wave as he walked through the corridor towards the elevator, rofl. He came down, and his father called me, informing me that Yujun is coming down and I should meet up with him. I told him that he was already beside me, rofl, and he went, "So fast?!" O.O Rofl XD

We went to Tampines Mall, jaywalking past the road along the way. Outside the cinema, we met with Ruwan, and we went in. I bought a "Mr. Bean's Holiday Combo", consisting of a large cup of coca-cola, a large box of popcorn and a "Mr. Bean's Holiday Passport Holder", as advertised. I didn't get my passport holder, I was scammed. T_T And the whole 'combo' thing caused $8.50. Tch, what a ripoff. The cinema owners must have been seriously earning big money. I bought a cup of large coke for Yujun as well, though Ruwan didn't want anything.

We went in, at 3.25pm, though it was still showing those boring advertisements no one cares about.

By the way, if you want to know the plot of the movie, you are better off checking Wikipedia.

Overall, the movie sucks at being a comedy film. Sure, some laughter every here and there, but definitely not enough to stands out as a comedy. The movie otherwise is rather good though, a pretty heartwarming one, bring out the positive emotions inside you like happiness and joy. I was smiling a lot (rather than laughing) during the ending of the film, and Yujun too. Don't believe me? Go watch it yourself.

The female character was quite cute by the way. XD

While the credits showed and everyone started to exit, Yujun wants to go on and watch Stomp the Yard. >_< I decided against it (I mean, watching two movies in one day?) and used the lame excuse of having not enough funds. XD He then suggested that Ruwan treats him and that he treats me. I simplified it, suggesting that Ruwan merely treat me and he buys for himself (note that I already had no intention to go off and watch another movie XD). He rejects the idea, wanting to make himself look generous. Rofl. XD

After exiting the cinema, we then decided to head to the arcade first. We went to Century Square (the arcade in Tampines Mall sucks. I mean, Time Crisis II and House of the Dead I? Liek zomkg). Along the way, Yujun bought cigarettes. Yeah.

We went to the arcade. Played Daytona USA. I first played with Yujun (only two there available), and I won against him. He then played against Ruwan and won. Wow, Yujun is quite a pro at sharp turns, unlike me, charging recklessly and then crashing. XD Oh, note that I never ever use the brake too. :D

We then went to play Time Crisis 4. Yujun teamed up with Ruwan. They both died at the same time, early in Stage 1 (after the prologue). I then teamed with Yujun. We made it further. He died at around the same time as in the previous game, and Ruwan continued. I died a bit later. Ruwan made it farther but still faced death in the end.

We then decided to leave.

We stopped at a handphone shop. Yujun wants to save up for a handphone. Wonder why his father just wouldn't pay for it. *rolls eyes*

We then reached the cinema. I then decided to leave, while those two proceed to buy movie tickets.

At the bus interchange, I waited for the bus at the hot sun covered by the setting sun. The queue was surprisingly short. As the bus arrives, I boarded the bus, glad that there are only a few passengers and not crowded as usual. A few people rush into the bus, away from the searing heat one would suffer if queueing under the sun. I started reading Pokémon Adventures. Got a bad headache later, not aided by the young girl sitting behind me and singing. >_< I hurried to stop reading and change place halfway through to relief my headache rofl.

No comments: