Friday, April 27, 2007

Examinations Are Here Again! II

Lol part two in a relative sense.

Forgot about studying for letter-writing format, lol, thanks to seeing Vernon studying it. Still, no use to study for it. Completely studied the wrong one, since I studied letter-writing and it came out report -.-, so I just had to do a format anyhow. I'm sure to get it wrong, lol. I chose 'disaster' as my composition topic. Wrote crap about disasters being a way God punishes Man for doing all kinds of shit to harm the Earth, like deforestation, but then Man is just determined to stand up against disasters (see this). And I ended with 'Can Man hope to stand up against Mother Nature?' or some crap like that. I'm expecting my results to be a disaster when I get them back too. XD

Teacher was like going, "Put your pens down." during the end of the exam, yet Larry was still rushing and writing some more. Larry's the one to usually follow what the teachers say to the letter, and we see him always bowing down to teachers and shit when the rest of us couldn't even be bothered, and now he's defying the teacher in order to write more sentences, lol. Can't help but laugh. XD So after he's done, I gave him what I wrote during my spare time, the last two parts and the chorus of We Live In Singapura, lol. He told me he thinks slow too, and I remember from the English TYS, "Speed of thinking is confused with intelligence itself." XD

Then Yoshida showed me the crap he wrote. Something like 'disaster is good, because people die, then he get money'. Gee, something is wrong about that guy, lol, keep wanting his parents/grandparents to die so he can get the inheritances. *rolls eyes*

Chinese paper 2 is hard. I'm sure to screw it up, but eh, who cares. The Geography teacher came during the ending part of the paper (when I was almost bored to death) and wrote down six names, presumely for some competition as she told us. I was laughing out silently when she mispelt Ephraim's name as Ephram lol. Watch out, Ephraim can ram you!! XD And then I got called by the stupid teacher for laughing at Larry (during end of English paper) and Ephraim. Yay, laughing is now banned. Hey, you, you are laughing out loud! Pay a fine of three million bucks! Hey! Why are you rolling on the floor laughing? Fine of five million bucks!! *rolls eyes* And the teacher called it 'laughing at people's misfortune'.

'cher, you call me, you leave me behind in the classroom alone with me, you have to lecture me when I love nothing but a hearty laugh, and that, 'cher, is not only invading my human right to do whatever I want (aka laugh whenever the heck I want), but 'cher, is also creating a misfortune. Yoshida was laughing at me when you called my name to ask me to stay back, 'cher, isn't that call 'laughing at people's misfortune' too, 'cher? Why you never ask him stay back with me? 'cher, you very unfair and injust leh, 'cher, y'know, 'cher? You everyday say the pledge got the words 'based on justice and equality'. 'cher, you call this 'justice'? You call this 'equality'? No leh, 'cher. Then you say the pledge everyday for what? Wah lao eh you. How can you so liddat one? No fair y'know, 'cher.

Uh-hem.

Yoshida seems to dislike the passage about trees, lol. Then 'Ephram' has to go look for Geography teacher, because he got the competition thing. Wasted time climbing up and down the staircases for like six times, knocking the doors of the staff room. And when he meets the teacher, he said, "No! I don't want to go!" and run for his life. We followed.

By the way, know why I replied 'huh?' to almost half of the sentences my grandfather said?

"Lee discouraged the usage of non-Mandarin Chinese dialects (such as Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese) by promoting Mandarin as the 'Mother Tongue' of ethnic Chinese, in view of having a common language of communication within the Chinese community. In 1979, Lee officially launched the first Speak Mandarin Campaign. Lee also cancelled the broadcasting of all television programmes in non-Mandarin dialects, with the exception of news and operas, for the benefit of the older audience. However, the policy worked at the expense of non-Mandarin Chinese dialects. Since that time, most of the younger Chinese Singaporeans are no longer able to speak non-Mandarin Chinese dialects fluently, thus encountering some difficulty when communicating with their dialect-speaking grandparents."
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew

I blame Lee Kuan Yew. >:(

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are nice. I just hates how slowly the characters walk. Even with running shoes they still run slower than an ant. Sucks for impatient people like me. And reading a manga isn't an option, you already need two hands to play. :(

No comments: