Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pokémon Contest Team

In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, there are Pokémon Contests that test talent rather than power. After getting the seven Silver Symbols from the Battle Frontier in Pokémon Emerald, I decided to try my hands at contests, lol.

After forming an elite team, pwning the Master Ranks of the Lilycove Contest and getting paintings of my Pokémon in the second floor of the Lilycove Museum, I decided to post about my team here, lol.

Format:
Type of contest participates in - Name - Nature @ Item it is holding
Attack - Type
Attack - Type
Attack - Type
Attack - Type


Cool - Swellow - Adamant nature @ Red Scarf
Quick Attack - Cool
Focus Energy - Cool
Double Team - Cool
Aerial Ace - Cool



Swellow is rather good. When it goes first in the second round due to being the coolest and winning the first round, use Double Team to make itself vulnerable against others. Then, follow up with a Quick Attack as a combo, earning seven hearts and granting the ability to go first next turn. After that, do an Aerial Ace, which gives six hearts if done first (so you get seven, together with the heart the crowd gives). Focus Energy is there to jam noobs if you go last. All the attacks are cool and can earn a bonus heart from the crowd, and further more, these are attacks that Swellow can learn naturally, although since it learns Aerial Ace in level 38, you have to train it for a while if you can't be bothered to use the TM to teach it Aerial Ace.

Beauty - Milotic - Modest @ Blue Scarf
Dive - Beauty
Hail - Beauty
Surf - Beauty
Ice Beam - Beauty



Trust me, it isn't worth it to spend such a long time finding a Feebas just to use a Milotic for a contest. Alas, we don't get it as easy as Ruby in Pokémon Adventures, who repeatedly catch a Feebas and release it (although I think that's the same Feebas, and Feebas likes Ruby, so it's just biting his rod purposely, despite being released before). This Pokémon is the only one which gives me trouble in the Master Rank, it's so damn hard to use. I don't recommend using a Milotic, unless you have a pwnage moveset or a really pwnage luck. Anyway, it used to have a Rain Dance, but since it always screw up, I replaced it with Dive. And I read that Dive and Surf can be used as a contest combo, and Surf and Dive can be used as yet another combo, I thought that I can just Surf and Dive and Surf and Dive and Surf to make one bunch of combos. It was a mistake. -.- Hail is for jamming, and I wonder why I taught it Ice Beam.

If you want a Beauty Pokémon, take Blaziken. Seriously, it rocks. Before I created a team solely for Contest purposes, in my previous games, I signed up my battling team for contests, and my Blaziken is the only one capable of getting its painting on the museum. Imagine how pwnage you would be if you made a Blaziken specifically for contests (gotta watch out for its nature though). But damn, a Swampert is much better for conquering the Battle Frontier.


Cute - Relicanth - Hasty @ Pink Scarf
Water Gun - Cute
Facade - Cute
Yawn - Cute
Rain Dance - Tough



Gosh, who would have imagined a Relicanth as being cute? But 'Relicanth Really Can'! (lol, that's the name of an anime episode) Rain Dance and Water Gun go as a combo, with Water Gun giving at least 9 hearts (depending on the mood of the crowd). Rain Dance doesn't make the crowd go all "What the fuck is this noob doing?" too, unlike in Beauty contests. >_> Yawn is a good move if you go first. Go like, "Oi, noobs, shut up." and they immediately shut up. Too bad it isn't a 100% chance that they will 'shut up', or I'll have spammed Yawn. XD Facade is there when you get last, as a sort of last resort.

Tough and Smart - Banette - Calm @ Green Scarf
Faint Attack - Smart
Spite - Tough
Curse - Tough
Destiny Bond - Smart



I initially only wanted Banette to take part in only Smart contests (thus the Green Scarf), but it is so fucking pwnage that I just have to sign it up for Tough contests too (the last one, and I'm lazy to get a new Pokémon too). Unfortunately, it ate too much Pokéblock to power up its smartness that I could not max its toughness too, so it only has a Green Scarf. Freaking hell, its moveset is just so fucking pwnage. Too bad you have to breed to make it learn Destiny Bond. Faint Attack allows it six hearts if you go first, and it always go first in the first turn because it pwned the first round. Curse gives it three hearts, and allows it to go last, and is the first attack in a combo, with the second attack being both Spite and Destiny Bond. Spite pwns if you go last, and works better with Curse due to combo and the ability to go to the last. Destiny Bond gives eight hearts, but you can't combo anymore. So, how to make it pwn? [Note, I'm not including the hearts the crowd gives in my calculation.]

1. Faint Attack (6 hearts)
2. Curse [goes last] (3 hearts - 9 hearts together)
3. Spite [six hearts since went last, and one more heart as a reward for combo] (16 hearts together)
4. Curse [goes last again] (19 hearts together)
5. Destiny Bond [eight hearts and eight more hearts for combo] (35 hearts together)

And with all these massive amounts of hearts accumulating, who the hell needs the crowd to give more hearts? Then again, I don't mind the five (or is it six?) hearts when I made the crowd go wild.

This Pokémon is pwnage.

No comments: