Thursday, April 26, 2007

Examinations Are Here Again!

Was watching the dubbed version of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl on YouTube yersterday night, lol. No choice, since fansubs have subbed only up to episode 2. -.- First three episodes of DP is nice, and I see almost no change in terms of storyline with the Japanese version. It's just that Dawn's voice does not sound like a ten-year-old girl, lol. Hikari's voice is much more cuter. <3

Main point? I almost forgot about the exams. Thanks to my mother for the reminder that I had exams today, rofl.

English exam was fine. The passage is easy to understand. I just hope I didn't screw up. ^_^ Was having spare time in the end, so I did a lot of shit with the two extra pieces of paper. First page was a draft of my English summary (and to which is necessary for the exam).

Then, I was thinking of a Charizard with the ability to use Double Team and Belly Drum, and then with exceptionally high Attack, thrash the hell out of enemies using physical attacks and type advantages. Here's how it goes. Use Double Team continously, to ensure that no attack from your enemy will score a hit (shall we hope your opponent does not know Shock Wave, Aerial Ace, Swift, or those other never-miss moves?). Use Belly Drum (Charizards can learn it through breeding), cutting his HP to half and increasing Attack by six levels. And then to amuse myself further, I was imagining the most shitty team that can ever come up against Charizard. Let's say the enemy uses a team of five Pokémon: Scizor, Aggron, Magnezone, Parasect and Delibird. Note that Belly Drum increases Attack by six levels, and thus increases Attack by 400%.

Scizor (Bug/Steel)
"Charizard, Flare Blitz!"
Damage
= {[(2 x Level / 5 + 2) x AttackStat x AttackPower / DefenseStat] / 50 + 2} x STAB x Weakness/Resistance
= {[(2 x 100/5 + 2) x 293 x 4 x 120 / 299] / 50 + 2} x 1.5 x 4
= 2370.774 damage
Scizor's HP: 344
Damage percentage: 689.18%

Aggron (Rock/Steel)
"Charizard, Focus Punch!"
Damage
= {[(2 x Level / 5 + 2) x AttackStat x AttackPower / DefenseStat] / 50 + 2} x STAB x Weakness/Resistance
= [(2 x 100 / 5 + 2) x 293 x 4 x 150 / 459] / 50 + 2} x 1 x 4
= 1294.9 damage
Aggron's HP: 344
Damage percentage: 376.42%

Magnezone (Electric/Steel)
"Charizard, Earthquake!"
Damage
= {[(2 x Level / 5 + 2) x AttackStat x AttackPower / DefenseStat] / 50 + 2} x STAB x Weakness/Resistance
= {[(2 x 100 / 5 + 2) x 293 x 4 x 100 / 329] / 50 + 2} x 1 x 4
= 1204.94 damage
Magnezone's HP: 344
Damage percentage: 350.27%

Parasect (Grass/Bug)
"Charizard, Fly!" [Don't ask why not Flare Blitz please.]
Damage
= {[(2 x Level / 5 + 2) x AttackStat x AttackPower / DefenseStat] / 50 + 2} x STAB x Weakness/Resistance
= {[(2 x 100 / 5 + 2) x 293 x 4 x 100 / 259] / 50 + 2} x 1.5 x 4
= 2292.65 damage
Parasect's HP: 324
Damage percentage: 707.61%

Delibird (Ice/Flying)
"Charizard, Rock Slide!"
Damage
= {[(2 x Level / 5 + 2) x AttackStat x AttackPower / DefenseStat] / 50 + 2} x STAB x Weakness/Resistance
= {[(2 x 100 / 5 + 2) x 293 x 4 x 75 / 189] / 50 + 2} x 1 x 4
= 1570.67 damage
Delibird's HP: 294
Damage percentage: 534.24%

Awfully pwnage, man.

Then, I imagine myself taking part in a Pokémon League, and I can only choose 20 Pokémon to use throughout the entire league, although my choice of Pokémon during battles is limited to only six, which I must through before a match. For example, I chose 20 Pokémon for the entire league. Before I go to round one, I choose which six I want to use. I cannot use the other fourteen, or the rest of my Pokémon which I did not choose when I registered for the League as a matter of fact. When I advance to round two, I am able to again choose which six I want to use out of the twenty, and so on. Of course, my team is filled with Fire-types (I'm the Flame Master after all), but I added in some Pokémon to balance the team as well as surprising the opponents ("Heh, I've watched all of your previous matches, and you only use Fire-type Pokémon! Let me pwn you with my entire team of Water-type Pokémon!!" "Oh, really? Let's go, Jolteon!" "Oh, what the f***?! S***!"), lol. I wrote down a list of all seventeen types, and thus was able to see which type I did not include in my team. The only type I did not take is Ghost, lol.

Then, getting an idea when I wrote down the list of the seventeen types, I wrote a list of Gym Leaders in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn (since the types of the gym leaders in Kanto and Johto plus Dark equal to all seventeen types). Forgot which city Morty is in (only until at this point of time, while typing this exact sentence, that I manage to remember that it is Ecruteak City. -_- I might also want to add that at this point of time, my One Piece 306 has finishes downloading), and forgot a lot of chunk about the Hoenn Gym Leaders (now what I forgot is flowing back into me. Winona is from Fortree City, Tate and Liza are from Mossdeep City. Too late, guys. ^_^").

And behind that I wrote the lyrics of We Live In Singapura. Only wrote the first three parts, due to lack of space and laziness to ask the teacher for another piece of paper. I know we ought to be doing our part for the earth and start saving paper, but three lines between each question? What a great way to set an example.

After the exam, I showed Larry what I wrote, lol. He remarked that I still had time to do a draft for my summary (I thought everybody does it o.O), and that I sure had a lot of time to write all those crap. He studied the list of Gym Leaders, and looked at my team of 20 Pokémon, and saw Dragon (in the column of the 17 Pokémon types) beside 'Pidgeot - Normal/Flying' and asked, "Pidgeot is a Dragon-type?" Lol, I still had to explain. He took my lyrics of We Live In Singapura and read it, singing the song softly, lol. In the end he took it home. ^_^"

Had a little fight with Yoshida at the corridor, lol, just because we are travelling in the opposite direction up a narrow way (thanks to Samuel for blocking the remaining way), and we pushed each other trying to get across, lol. That guy's gotta give it a break with the kicking, or else I'm gonna start nicknaming him Hitmonlee. XD

Ephraim keeps remarking how he is going to fail the Chinese exam later, lol.

Chinese is all right. Wrote a letter praising the service attitude of a hotel and an essay on the Integrated Resort. I immediately think of "IR, locals have to pay. Foreign talent are okay." in We Live In Singapura, lol, and I wrote it as a problem of the IR. Almost wanted to write shit like Singaporeans will feel unfair as they have to pay (unlike foreigners who don't, just because they want to attract tourism *rolls eyes*), then they will get so angry an repetition of the Boxer Rebellion will occur. XD

Got bored after finishing and played Cellblock against myself, lol.

Now that my grandfather is living with us due to being sick, I think I'm looking least forward to the meals, lol. I hate cooked vegetables (raw are still okay, but ultimately depends on the vegetables), and my grandfather just threw too many into my bowl during lunch. I had no choice but to force myself to eat them, and my stomach having touched cooked vegetables for like God know how long, it sort of erupted and I had to run off to the kitchen and vomit it out, lol. Just tastes so bad. Now I remember why I hated vegetables since I was a kid. ^_^

The ROMs for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are out, yay. I would like to buy a real DS and a real cartridge to play (I mean, c'mon, battling online and trading throughout the world, are you kidding?), but damn, it's just way out of my budget. Maybe I can convince my parents to allow me to buy, but meh, chances are sure low. Then again, I already feel embarrassed buying Pokémon Adventures manga, forget about DS games. *shifty eyes*

I've confirmed that two of my six team slots are going to Infernape and Staraptor. Both have awesome attack and speed, sweepers for the win! :D

No comments: