Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Got too close to Sin

Uh, I meant... Forget that. I got too, uh...close to Sin and my head's all foggy-like. So I don't know where this place is. Or even where I came from.

Okay, I'm exaggerating, haha, but indeed, my head's all foggy-like, but that was because my usual pattern of waking up late has been disturbed by the presence of exams early in the morning, so my lack of sleep made me take an afternoon nap just now, and after I woke up, well, that's what happened. So I don't think I can concentrate blogging like that... -_______- But well, I'm just gonna do my best. Yosh. :)

I like the sword Syaoran bought in Outo, Hien (緋炎, Scarlet Flame). It's an awesomely cool sword that can burst into flames, lol, and its damned kanji took me a fucking long time to find it. -.-







Oh, and you just have to admit. The looks on Syaoran and Kurogane's faces are priceless. XD



Today was E. Maths Paper 2.

Sigh... This morning was a mess. While preparing to go to school, I couldn't find my wallet, so I started to panic and rush around, looking around for it. Since I need the identification card inside my wallet to take the stupid exam, I even thought that I would be unable to take the exam (since I couldn't find the damned wallet anywhere), and I even started thinking of not going to the exam (since I can't take it anyway). The panicking is really a foolish act, because it refuses to allow me to calm down and realize that the wallet has been in my pocket all along. -.- Yup, owned. I don't need anyone else to tell me that. :)

Like yesterday, *copies from yesterday's blog post* I went to school and went through the benches located at the second floor, which is starting to becoming has already became a routine chore for me, as I look around for anyone I know. I saw Vernon there, among a crowd of 4R1 guys, mixed with a few people from 4R3 and 4R5, Lord Saradomin knows what they are doing there. *rolls eyes* all of them revising E. Maths. Vernon looks quite lost in that group, lol. When he turned around and saw me a while later, the two of us decided to head to class. Yoshida came a while later and decided to head to the classroom, and I went with him, leaving Vernon with the 4R1 guys.

(Italics text are what happened today that didn't happen yesterday.
Strikethrough text are what happened yesterday that didn't happen today.)

We did some last-minute revision for the paper outside the classrooms around the corridors before the paper starts. The invigilator came at around 7.35am, which took everyone by surprise, as they were always pretty late. ^_^ We were allowed in at 7.50am, though Elsen was late, lol, he made it only at 7.55am.

It's cool how many pieces of paper I have used for this exam. XD

The first question was really pesky. It was about two shops that deal with film photography, selling rolls of film (each taking 36 photographs), and printing those rolls of firm. One shop decides to sell four rolls of film for price of three, and the other decided to have a 20% discount for printing, so we have to calculate a bunch of shitty costs like, "This guy, being a cheapskate and a bastard, has to buy film from shop A and print at shop B to take advantage of the discounts there. Find his percentage reduction." or some other shit like that.

All the while doing this question, there was an angry thought in my mind: Oi, what the hell? It's time you start using digital photography already, man! Just take the damn picture, take your memory card out, stuff it into your computer and there your damned photo is!!

There's also another pain in the ass question on angles. It shows a diagram like this, and we are supposed to find the angles (marked by two black lines in the diagram):


My first impression:
What the fuck? Is this supposed to be a Spellbinding Circle...?

Or is this supposed to summon Exodia the Forbidden One...??

O.o

XD

So to do the question, I crapped up some shit, stating that the five sides of the pentagon share the same angle (which is correct, it's a regular pentagon), and also that the five sides of the star share the same angle as well (which is totally nonsense). o.O And so, through angles in the same segment, I somehow managed to make it look like the three angles at the each side of the pentagon are the same. o.O

Since each interior angle of a pentagon is 108°, I divided it into three and got the answer to the first two questions: 36°. Which I still totally have no idea how I got the answer. *blinks*

Ah, to hell whether I get this question correct or wrong. I don't care. -________-

Though it reminds me of two of Zoro's attacks in One Piece, one attack utilized with one sword and the second with three swords.

一刀流 三十六烦恼凤 (Ittouryuu: San-Juu-Roku Pound Hou; One-Sword-Style: Thirty-Six Pound Cannon)
三刀流 百八烦恼凤 (Santouryuu: Hyaku-Hachi Pound Hou; Three-Swords-Style: Hundred and Eight Pound Cannon)

XD

Yeah, and I felt like cursing over something. The Section B consists of pain-in-the-ass questions. One is about the standard question of "throw Particle E off the top of somewhere, his distance-time relationship so luckily follows a quadratic equation, so draw a curve and find out shit from it". The second one is of a cumulative frequency curve, a histogram and probability. If I knew, I would definitely want to do the second question, but guess what?

I missed out the line of instruction that reads "Do only one question from Section B." -______-

So screw it, I went and did both. =.= I only realized after I finished the paper, tied it up with the string and started checking. -_- I was less confident about my work for the first question, so of course I tore it off. What's the point of plotting that stupid graph when one can just use differentiation and find the answer to the question anyway? XD

The other questions don't seem to pose much difficulty, so who cares about them? XD

A funny thing happened while the invigilator was collecting the papers. She collected Kenneth's, then went towards the back of the class collecting them as well. When she was five tables away, Kenneth turns back, holds up his cover page and shout, "'Cher!" Lmao, he forgot to string his cover page onto his paper and hand it up! XD Larry, Cheng Kang and I, who are all sitting at the back and are aware of what is happening, started to laugh out loud, but the rest, who don't, didn't, lol. Vernon particularly looks confused. XD

I explained to bub what happened as the two of us left school though, haha. (Ephraim disappeared again, and Yoshida's exam started later, so naturally ended later, and we didn't bother waiting for him XD)

And lmao, this letter from the Postbag from the Hedge, Issue 24, in RuneScape is lame!! XD

Dear Council of RuneScape,

I hope you consider me important enough for writing a letter to you, but I have to express my worries about something:

I am very worried about the environmental condition of Gielenor! Every day tons of fires are made just for fun. I see people in big cities like Catherby burning long lines of fire non-stop.

Another worry is the high industrial rate of certain cities: there are so many furnaces used for smelting ores into bars, the furnaces are working non-stop every day! Impure iron ore makes the furnaces more dirty, so they have to work harder for the same amount of bars.

That is why I, a follower of Guthix (who really created this lovely place), would like you to make an "Environmental Council for Guilenor". They could take measures to make this place better for everybody (maybe some wizards can make a machine for that, but that's quite ironic).

Thanks,
The civilian-made Nature Guild, located in the eternal forest from the fairies



Dear affiliates of the Civilian-made Nature Guild,

Many thanks for writing to the Collected Appreciators of RuneScape's Environment (CARE). Although your letter was addressed elsewhere, Mr. Pete was kind enough to forward it to us.

You are right: the condition of RuneScape is getting worse. This is most clearly seen with the Kharidian desert, which is creeping north at a rate of one metre per year. It may seem inconsequential, but this rate is growing. Imagine RuneScape a thousand years ago – with forests, streams and grassland as far south as the Duel Arena.

The ice sheets of the north, too, are melting at rates that have serious implications to RuneScape. At current rates, we could see large-scale flooding of Lumbridge Swamp, Tutorial Island, Mos Le'Harmless and Catherby.

Although the current trend for Firemaking has had an impact on the levels of pollution, it is the move towards industrialisation that is the worst culprit. Dwarven technology alone produces 65% of emissions, and this will only get worse as they continue to manufacture and process.

The heads of the dwarven states refuse to acknowledge this, of course, as exemplified by Drorkar's popular thesis "1001 Uses for Soot: A Celebration".

While lies like these exist, our ability to educate the world about an overheating RuneScape is diminished.

Yours,
Kaqemeex, Chairman of CARE

The reply really sounds as if it was koped from a Geography textbook about global warming, with the locations changed to RuneScape locations... XD I feel like finding whoever wrote this letter and train my Firemaking level in front of him. I've still got at least thirty thousand Willow Logs left for me to burn, you know? ;P

No comments: