Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm feeling quite lazy, haha

I'm feeling quite lazy, haha, so don't mind if I blog quick so I can hurry up and start procrastinating. ^_^

Lol, I almost wanted to play truant today. Early this morning, my alarm rang, but I still wanted to continue sleeping, so I spent quite a while deciding whether I should play truant today. Well, one bunch of guys in our class all play truant together (the English teacher thinks that they are doing a conspiracy. I'd say they are planning to overthrow the school government ), so I figured it would be alright. So I decided to continue sleeping, but as I lie on my bed for around five minutes, thinking about what I would miss if I don't go to school today, and before I know it, I got up and started changing into my school uniform. ^_^

I'm sort of glad I decided to go to school, lol.

During the second period of Chemistry, we got our Chemistry mock exam papers back (the same one in which we did exactly a week ago and which I copied from Yoshida XD). Lol, I got 65/80. The first A1 I ever score in Chemistry. I'm so touched. T________T XD Yoshida got 68/80, haha. Yeah, I expected that. I answered those questions which I understand myself so it makes it less obvious that I am copying him (although if the teacher just reads my blog, it's all busted XD).

Remember about five months ago, on so-called "Kindness Week", we had to write on a piece of paper the names of everyone in the class and some good things to say about them?

The purpose of that rather-stupid activity is finally revealed to us. The teacher compiled everything written about each of us, compiled them, wrote them on a card and gave it to us as a gift together with a keychain. XD Lol, look at what my card reads:

"Capable, practical, good memory, heroic, great fan of anime ad pokemon, daring, clever, good in math, strong character, comedian, nice, co-operative, one who has own ways, dares to express, bold"

XD

I like the "heroic" part. :D As a tribute to my class, I shall invent an attack, named... *drums roll* "HEROIC STRIKE"! :D


A warrior's blade finds its mark as much by will as by skill.

All Warriors are Heroes, either saving the day, or dying in the attempt. The solid figure at the head of the party, taking the brunt of the enemy assault or the lone wandering nomad, bringing bared steel and swift justice to domestic difficulties, both key players in a thousand personal dramas. But the heroes that get remembered, are the ones that go that extra few yards, the ones that make it look effortless; the ones with flair...

Okay, okay, I koped that attack from World of Warcraft. :P It is the very first ability for Warriors if I am not mistaken. :P

And the keychain. Looks kinda funny-looking, huh? XD



And Vernon's so happy that his card contains "pro". XD Lol, he should thank me, I'm the one (or one of the people, I don't know whether there would be anyone insane enough other than me to go and inflate his ego some more :P) who wrote "pro" for him after all [though that's mainly because "pro" is the first word that comes to my mind when thinking up of a word for him (you try thinking up of another word when he comes up to you every single day and tell you, "Hello, I'm pro" ^_^"), and I have nothing else to write for him. XD]. Someone wrote "skinny" for Vernon, made me laugh out loud. XD

I'm sincerely and faithfully wondering why doesn't Ephraim's contain any word like "small, short, insignificant, minuscule, minute, particle, gamma ray, atom, molecule, etc.". :P Though his contained "fertile imagination", making me laugh out loud (since it literally means "dirty-minded", which Ephraim very is.). Vernon admitted that he was the one who wrote that. XD

Yoshida refused to let anyone see his. He just take a brief look at his card (in which I had a peek and saw words like "serious"), and quickly hide it, stopping all of my attempts from taking the card out of his bag and having a look. XD He claims that he is going to bury the card, and that it will never ever see daylight again. XD Wonder what's wrong with the fellow. :\

We were supposed to get a chocolate each as well, but somehow, the people distributing the chocolates missed Yoshida and mine tables. :( So I saw the pack of chocolates left on the teacher's table, and while the teacher is distracted talking to someone (I think it's Sean Philip Lim, the guy with a ridiculously long name and some more dare come and tell me that I have a long name -.-), I sneaked up to her table and took a chocolate for myself.



Thieving Level 82 for the win! :D

Next, we were supposed to arrange the tables and chairs in our classroom to the 'O' level seating arrangement. There were only to be 30 tables and chairs in the classroom for 'O' level, but our class has 42 of them (because, quite obviously, that there are 42 people in our class -.-), so we had to remove 12 of them and arrange the rest. The teacher drew something like this on the whiteboard:



Yoshida, Ephraim and I were bored, so we took up markers (with different colours and amounts of ink, resulting in different thickness as well), and started filling up the rest of them. XD



(It's clearly obvious that the one holding the red marker was Ephraim XD)

And we got bored further, and this was what happened.



Pac-man! XD

And after we got the twelve tables out of the way and arranged the remaining thirty tables, the classroom has quite a lot of space. Xiangbin was struggling against Luke and Samuel, in which I, together with some other, were looking quite with interest. Luke and Samuel, with great effort, finally got Xiangbin on the floor, and the next thing we know, Luke and Samuel shout "TAUPOK!" and jump onto Xiangbin without hesitation. But no one was joining the party.

......

*long pause later*

Luke: Oi, jump in lah!

And reluctantly, I took off my bag with a sigh, placed it on the floor and jump on as well. And apparently, Luke and Samuel quickly shook me off and got up. It appears Xiangbin got injured or something (though I doubt it's anything major), because he was just lying down there, his eyes closed and not saying a word.

Yoshida took a piece of tissue paper out of his pocket and covered Xiangbin's face with it. Samuel explained the obvious, we think that Xiangbin is dead and Yoshida is respecting him by covering his face. I laughed out loud. XD

Then Xiangbin climbed back up and threw the tissue onto the floor. O.O

The demolition of the school is sure going well. Half of the hall is gone now, mwahahaha. :D The clock-face of the clock tower was gone as well, delighting Yoshida and I. XD





Yoshida, Vernon and Yuhaimi decided to leave and go home early, and they left while I was chatting with Larry, so I wasn't aware of their absence for a while. XD Then I went and asked Ephraim, and they told me that they went, lol, so I hurried up and chased after them. SHUNPO! XD

By right, today, the Muslims are able to go home early because today is Hari Raya Aidifitri, while we Chineses aren't, but Yoshida and Vernon decided to betray their religions, telling everyone they met that, "Hello, I just converted to Muslim five minutes ago." XD Me? I'm just tagging along, I'm not betraying my religion. XD Well, for Yoshida, it's alright, since he's a freethinker (or that's what he claims anyway), but Vernon!? O.O

The security guard didn't even stop us. Pfft. I was already rolling up my sleeves and preparing for a fight for freedom [for someone who could have such a stupid dream (refer to second paragraph), who can blame me? XD], but the security guard didn't even bother stopping us, pfft. So much for preparations for combat. So we left the gate and embraced FREEDOM. XD

After we got out, we decided to kisiao Ephraim, so I SMSed him, telling him "Freedom, at long last." XD

When I got home, I heard some noise, so I thought that my mother was for some reason boiling water, and the noise came from the kettle (signifying that the water has boiled), so I called out to my mother in Chinese telling her that, but turns out she wasn't boiling any water, lol, so I asked her what that is sound. I went to the bedroom, wondering where my father is, so I asked my mother, but my mother just had to answer my first question after I asked my second, "楼下做 playground." (The playground downstairs is apparently under construction), but as I was expecting to hear where my father is, I heard "楼下坐 playground" (which means that he is downstairs playing in the playground. XD 做 and 坐 have the same pronunciation XD), so I immediately answered with a loud, "HUH!?" Then my father's voice came from the toilet, answering my question, "What? Eh, how come you are home so early?" XD

I have no idea what is up with the playground downstairs though. They barricaded it all around (so now it rather looks like a coliseum XD), but I can't see what is happening inside from upstairs (stupid trees blocking the way), and of course I can't see it from downstairs, with all the barricade. Just because Ephraim definitely cannot doesn't mean we all necessarily can.



And oh, I was doing my A. Maths Ten-Years-Series yesterday, when I saw this question.

The velocity, v m s-1, of a particle moving in a straight line is given by v = 6 + pt + qt3, where t is the time in seconds after the particle passed through a fixed point O. Given that when t = 2, the distance of the particle from O is 16 m and its acceleration is 32 m s2, calculate the value of p and of q.

I recognized the question as one with elements of simultaneous equations at once, so I start doing it, and I got that:

p = 2 - 2q
p = 32 - 12q

Somehow, I got p = -88, and q = 10. The answer says that p = -4 and q = 3. At least I got the signs correct. -________-

So I redid the question from scratch, and I got the same pair of simultaneous equations again. I sigh, because I believed that my problem lies before the solving of the simultaneous equations part. So, sighing again, I proceed to solve the simultaneous equations, in which I thought that I would just get the same wrong answers again, but somehow, I managed to get that p = -4 and q = 3, the correct answers. So what is wrong?

I went to the previous page, looked at my first try, and I slapped my forehead.



If 10q = 30, then q = 10. Oh bother. How the hell am I supposed to score well for my 'O' levels?? *bangs head on wall*

No comments: