Sunday, October 21, 2007

Studying with Vernon

I went to study with Vernon at McDonald's in Tampines Mart today. Hmm, think it's the first time I studied with him outside school. XD

We met in Tampines Mart at 11am, coincidentally at the exact same time, lol. As it was still early, McDonald's was selling breakfast. Sigh, I wanted lunch already then, since I don't like breakfast in McDonald's, and I didn't eat breakfast at home anyway.

The place was quite crowded, with families eating breakfasts together (expectable, it is Sunday after all). Vernon and I wanted to sit by the side, but we had no choice but to end up sitting in the middle.

Vernon bought a Sausage McMuffin and a hash brown, while I decided to just wait until lunch time, but I saw that there was unlimited coffee and tea, so what the heck, I spent two bucks getting myself a cup of coffee, hoping to keep refilling and refilling until I drank my worth. XD

Wow. I actually threw in two packets of non-diary creamers and five freaking packets of sugar into the damned cup before I was satisfied with the taste. O_____O Vernon was getting increasingly freaked out as I poured in packets after packets of sugar, lmao. Though at least it's better than eating the damned sugar directly...

And just great, just when I finished only half of my coffee, they removed the refills. DAMN! Waste of my two bucks. -__________________-

I was studying Geography while he was doing some last minute practice for A. Maths (which is tomorrow by the way :O). I think I had made a lot of improvement just today. We were taught the three chapters of weathering, rivers and coasts last year, but it was until only today that I managed to know that:
  • frost shattering is freeze and melt, freeze and melt, while block disintegration is expand and contract, expand and contract
  • carbonation is to react with carbonic acid; hydration is to react with water; oxidation is to react with water; hydrolysis is to absorb water into the minerals making them swell
  • the erosional features of rivers and coasts are corrasion, attrition, solution and hydraulic action
  • the ways a river transports its materials are traction, saltation, suspension and solution
  • a swash is when a wave approaches the coast (could be at an angle due to wind direction and wave refraction) and a backwash is when the wave leaves the coast (at right angle to coast)
  • what headband headland () and bay are
  • how an arch forms
I managed to learn a lot just today, didn't I? And to think I didn't knew them, even after one year of being taught those chapters, until now!!

Vernon was doing Integration for A. Maths, and I think he was doing them quite slowly... Bub, you gotta learn to speed up, lol, or else you'll run out of time during 'O' levels and get owned.

And lol, I saw an ex-classmate when I went to the toilet. XD We were classmates like... five years ago, lol, back when we were in Primary 5. His name is Joel. There's something about him that I still remember, lol, and that was when our primary school decided to start adopting name tags. We were given forms to write what we want to be shown on our name tags down, though the teacher stresses that we should add spaces, using Joel's name as an example. His surname is Ang, and the teacher uses it as an example. "If you don't write a space, and end up writing 'JOELANG', then people will call you 'Joelang' for the rest of your life!!" Lmao! XD "Joelang" just sounds so funny, lol, so we gave him the nickname "Joelang" and started calling him Joelang. XD

"Joelang" sounds kinda like "走廊" (zǒu láng; Chinese for "corridor" or "passage"), doesn't it? XD

Gradually, the restaurant got less crowded, and Vernon and I moved to one side. I then went to buy two large cups of coke and one large packets of fries for us to eat and drink while we study. Damn, it costs seven bucks... That was expensive... T_T

I'm surprised with Vernon, to be honest. I finished drinking my own cup of coke in an hour, but he managed to drink it for six hours! Six!! O_O And in which he only drank 75% of it!! O_O

Mathematical question time.
Samy spent one hour to finish drinking a cup of coke. Vernon spent six hours to drink three quarters of the same cup of coke. How much faster is Samy compared to Vernon?


I'm bored, I know. XD Damn it, wasted me five minutes trying to find the 'therefore sign' (∴). -_____-

And yeah, I am totally amazed at Vernon's slow drinking speed. I asked him if he was trying to be a camel. XD

I was soon finished with coasts and went on to agriculture, but I got sick and bored and threw it aside after reading through one-third. What's the point of learning all that shit!? It's not like we'd be wet rice farmers when we grow up! What's the point of knowing and learning the various steps of wet rice cultivation!!

I started on History, and wow, I was able to finish the whole book in one day. O_O Whoohooo, I'm fast.

At around 6.30pm, after Vernon is finally done with all of the various chapters of integration, we went to get dinner. Next to our table was someone playing MapleStory, lmao. Vernon and I went to have a peek, wondering what is his level. He's level 54, which I thought was rather high (as I got freaking bored of MapleStory when I reached level 35. I'm totally sick of the grinding gameplay. Grinding sucks.), though Vernon thought that he has an extremely low level, lmao (seeing that Vernon quit when he was level 180+, if I'm not mistaken?).

And seeing that it was a kid who was playing, he managed to reach level 54, while I was still stuck at 35... I started becoming depressed. T_T

XD

And yeah, out of curiosity, I went and check Wikipedia, and *SPITS* MAPLESTORY HAS AN ANIME?! WHAT THE FUCK?! O____________________________O

And out of further curiosity, I went to check, and *SPITS EVEN MORE* THE OPENING IS SUNG BY YOUNHA! WHAT THE FUCK?!?! O________________________O

Younha was the one who sang Houki Boshi, the third ending of Bleach. That song is nice.

We went to buy stationery after dinner. Extra pens to be exact. Just because we are a pair of pessimistic losers who are afraid our pens will run out of ink halfway through the exam.

Vernon took a taxi home, while I walked home myself, haha.

*Inhuman* Prac is over, now the real fun begins... says:
tmr u gt amath?
Samy [You'd better forget everything. Remember your different Life? You'd better forget everything. Remember, modoranai kedo.] says:
Yup
*Inhuman* Prac is over, now the real fun begins... says:
plz fail so i can do btr
Samy [You'd better forget everything. Remember your different Life? You'd better forget everything. Remember, modoranai kedo.] says:
Fuck you.
*Inhuman* Prac is over, now the real fun begins... says:
lol
*Inhuman* Prac is over, now the real fun begins... says:
hahaahhahahahaha

Despicable bastard! Minus four respect points, Ruwan!

No comments: