Monday, October 22, 2007

A Maths Papers

So, 'O' level has finally started. Yesterday was A. Maths Paper 1.

Regarding my comments about the paper, I would like to quote my Physics teacher.

"It is so easy that it is insulting your intelligence."

I'm not kidding. Here I am, expecting a difficult paper, you know, for a challenge. Nope, instead they have to give us the marks on a golden plate. やれやれ。。。(Yare yare...)

Here, I'll give you an example of one of the questions. Then you'll see just how easy the paper is.

The graph y = |2x + c| cuts through the point (1, 5). Find the possible values of the constant c.

It's so easily and obviously 3 and -7! And Yoshida told Vernon and I after the exam that Ephraim somehow got 9 and -9 for his answers. o.O How did he screw that one up? XD

And oh, from the paper, I learnt how to integrate cot x! :D



How do I find out? Because one question asks to differentiate ln (sin x)! Here, I'll show you a step-by-step workings as proof.



Nifty! I learnt something from an exam paper! XD



Oh my God! So much snow!! Ephraim will be buried alive!! O___________O


Oh my God, I'm in a great disaster! Waking up this morning, I wanted to double-check the time of today's A. Maths paper (since I already asked Vernon yesterday night, as I was lazy to check my own entry proof for the time; a big mistake), as well as check the times of future papers, when I realized that my entry proof has gone missing; it is not inside my file!!

Fuck, fuck, fuck, I was starting to panic inside my heart. Why the fuck was I so careless to put that important piece of shit inside the front pocket of my school uniform and just fucking dump it into the laundry after I get home? Shit! Shit! Shit!!

So I ran to the toilet, and there it is, floating inside a bucket of water, all wet, my uniform. Taking it out with a bit more force than usually needed, perhaps due to anxiety, and there it is, I can clearly see that crumpled piece of shit inside my pocket. I let out a sigh, at least I finally found it, and it is not somewhere else, but at the same time, a gasp as well, for having been put inside a freaking bucket of water, I can safely say that I am in deep shit.

Deep shit.

And I started to panic. Why the fuck am I so stupid? You know what they say! "When there's a fire, please do not panic and stay calm." "If there is an earthquake, panicking is the last thing you should do." And why the fuck did I just have to go and panic? Damn it!!

And so, thanks to all of the panicking, I went ahead and let impulse get the better of me; I started trying to unfold the paper (I folded it before putting it inside my pocket), but its high content of moisture soon meant that I would be tearing it as I unfold it. Damn it! What a crude mistake to make!!

I started to calm down only after tearing two chunks of the damn thing off, as well as tearing a lot of parts. If it's water that I am fighting against...

Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens! Way of Destruction, number 66! Twin Lotus Blue Fire, Crash Down!

No wait, wouldn't that smash the damn shit into a million pieces of ash? Hmm...

I thought back to my past experiences... Hmm, I remember something like that happening when I was in Primary 2, eight years ago. Wow, that was a long time. Yeah, at that time, my teacher was a little weird. Somehow, she doesn't want, neither allow, nor permit to have anyone with their water bottles, instead making everyone to put their water bottles at the back of the class. So every time we want to drink water, we have to go all the way back to the end of the classroom. It is a pain in the ass after a week or two, so being young back then, I decided to be defiant, and hid my water bottle inside my bag.

Perfect. When I reached home, somehow, my water bottle spilled, and all of my books are drenched. Not as in deep shit as been wet by a freaking bucket of water, I know, but it was still enough to deal some major damage. At the end, my mother used a hairdryer to evaporate the water, but damn, since I had too many wet books, the hairdryer soon overheated itself after prolonged usage. Great.

And guess what? We ended up using an electric iron... XD

Having thought of the solution, I went to take a hairdryer, a roll of tape as well as a pair of scissors and started to dry the damn thing with the hairdryer, then patch it up.

Uh... It still can be used, right? ^______________^"

Looking back, I was foolish to make so many mistakes.

One, laziness. If only I checked last night and not asked Vernon, I would have realized that my entry proof is still in my laundry much earlier, and thus taken steps to cure the situation.

Two, carelessness. Why wasn't I careful enough to take the entry proof out of my pocket in the first place?

Three, lack of disciplined thinking. If only I could calm myself down and stop myself from panicking, I could have know that I should unfold the paper AFTER drying it, so it doesn't stick to each other and results in tearing.

Damned water! First it short circuits my electronic dictionary during my Chinese paper last year, now this?! Is it because I have an innate element of fire?! Are we destined to fight forever, fire against water?! Then so be it, come! You will find that I will not lose!!

Oh well, all's well that ends well. Right? Right?

Right... If they disallow my shittily patched-up entry proof using tape, I'll call it "well". -________________-

Lol... The teacher ended up printing me a new one. Lmao.

I went to school early to collect my brand new entry proof, lol, and met Yoshida, who came early as well. The two of us, out of boredom, went all the way to the canteen to buy something to drink. The lower secondary happens to be having assembly, lol. Some talk and video about global warming.

Yoshida, upon hearing the speaker says, "We all must do our part to stop global warming.", immediately retorts, "Then you stop your respiration, stop emitting carbon dioxide and increasing global warming!" XD Next, he suggests "cutting down a tree in front of the speaker". Lmao. XD

We then went to in front of the general office, and saw the teacher there teaching Serene maths, so we decided to join in. I told the teacher, "Yoshida says he don't know how to do addition, he want you to teach him." XD

Soon, we are joined by people like Sean, Luke, Jovian and Alvin. When someone mentioned that there will be trigonometry for this paper, I almost wanted Alvin to turn backwards so if I can check he has that ASTC thing on the back of his shirt. XD

Outside the classroom, while waiting for the doors to be unlocked so we can freaking go in and have our exams, we were again making fun of Ephraim's height. XD Vernon and I were lazily slouching at the corridor, looking outside, with Ephraim beside us. I then realized something and said it loudly, "We are crouching, and yet we are still taller than Ephraim even at full height!" XD

Then Vernon and I started talking about our seating arrangement, specifically whether we have any cute gals surrounding us. XD Vernon said he's got cute girls sitting on both of his sides and in front of him, so I asked, "What about behind?" I knew Ephraim is sitting behind him, yeah, but I still felt like asking, curious in his reply. He seems irritated for a while that he wasn't fully surrounded at all sides by gals (XD), but then he cleverly replies, "I turn back, but I can't see the guy behind me, so I see Angeline. :D" Lmao. XD It's amazing how he can make fun of Ephraim's height even like this! XD

Later, we were talking about how thick our pile(s) of A. Maths worksheets are, since they have no use for us anymore, as today marks the end of our A. Maths exams (Damn, my worksheets have no more use for me ever since I got it back after passing up... XD), so naturally, we started thinking about burning them and making a huge bonfire. XD



Vernon and I even got overexcited and were discussing about having everyone bring their piles of worksheets to the class chalet and burning them! XD Not only do we get a bonfire (yay!), we also save on charcoal by having an alternative source of energy for barbecuing! Whoohooo! XD

Reminds me of the comics Jonathan drew about burning worksheets in a bonfire and raising the PSI index so school and exams get canceled... XD



The paper, meh. Won't say it's easy, I just blame myself for lack of preparation. That matrix question was a bitch, yeah it is. I spent ten minutes planning how to do it, but I just blame myself for choosing to skip that topic when practicing doing A. Maths questions.

And I don't know how to find the inverse of a quadratic function. Who cares, I just skipped that freaking question worth a measly two marks. I'll consider it donation, they can have those two marks.

I'm glad the relative velocity question was rather easy. It is the topic in which I have the least confidence.

And tomorrow? Chemistry. Sigh... I know I have already decided not to study for it (waste of my time), but Hong Wei invites me to go study with him, and how can I refuse? Sigh... Might as well...

If I pass my Chemistry, I'll thank Hong Wei for "encouraging me" to study.

If I fail, I'll whack Hong Wei.

...with a freaking spiked club.



:)

No comments: