Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Chinese 'O' level

I'm listening to Power of the Horde now, so...

STORM, EARTH AND FIRE - HEED MY CALL!

Lol.

Hmmm... It's 31 October today, Halloween. Not really a big deal though, we don't celebrate Halloween here anyway... XD So... trick or treat? :P I wonder what does the 'trick' part mean... The children go wreck up the houses of those who refuse to give them candy? Maybe they set arson to the houses? :D



And look at what I just read on Wikipedia about Halloween...
Halloween, or Hallowe'en, is a holiday celebrated on the night of October 31. Traditional activities include trick-or-treating, carving jack-o-lantern's, Halloween festivals, bonfires, costume parties, visiting "haunted houses" and viewing horror films.
Holy fucking shit!! BONFIRE?!?!? Why don't we celebrate it in Singapore too???!!!

Oh, today, the 31st of October, is Yuchi's birthday as well. But... (and a conversation from yesterday...)

Samy [Power is rising from the hands we hold together. I feel like I can go anywhere.] says:
Yo
Samy [Power is rising from the hands we hold together. I feel like I can go anywhere.] says:
Looking forward to your birthday tomorrow? ;)
™†¥Û©hÎB¥É†™-zZzZ -Alright. Now remember:There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. says:
no
Samy [Power is rising from the hands we hold together. I feel like I can go anywhere.] says:
Lol why not?
™†¥Û©hÎB¥É†™-zZzZ -Alright. Now remember:There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. says:
dunno
Samy [Power is rising from the hands we hold together. I feel like I can go anywhere.] says:
=.=
™†¥Û©hÎB¥É†™-zZzZ -Alright. Now remember:There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. says:
i jus don't relli care
Samy [Power is rising from the hands we hold together. I feel like I can go anywhere.] says:
I see...

...he doesn't care.

Oh well, I don't care about the fact that he doesn't care anyway. :P



Now, now, let me do some explanations. :P

I chose pink for the font colour because that's the colour he uses for his MSN nick. For the colour of the background (that's teal, right?), I wanted a colour that contrasts with pink, so I took pink, chose Invert Colors on Microsoft Paint, and I got teal.

For the two maps at the side, the left one is obtained from a Wikipedia on "Yuchi". o.O Apparently, there was this tribe in America named "Yuchi", lmao, and that map shows the original territory of the Yuchi Tribe, so I added it in. XD The one on the right is simply a horizontal flip of the left one. ;)

Lmao, I still remember when Sean and I went to Yuchi's house last year. He was chatting on MSN with Howchee, and Howchee found the existence of the Yuchi Tribe and started to ridicule Yuchi to no end about it. XD

Sigh, and October 31 is the day to another event: The day my Microsoft Office 2007 Trial expires after a free 60-day trial. :( I want to get it back, lol, but I've noticed that Microsoft Office 2007 comes with a bunch of other softwares, like Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Publisher, that I don't use and even don't care about, lol. So I checked Wikipedia, and found out that there are different editions of Microsoft Office, which comes with different software.

So I decided to get the Home and Student edition, because the only three softwares I need from Office are Word, Excel and PowerPoint, which happen to be all inside the Home and Student edition, and the only ones inside. I don't even care about the others, so why waste money buying them when I don't need them anyway? XD

So now, I have decided to buy Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. :) *adds one more thing to wishlist* But holy shit, I went to check at www.microsoft.com, and it costs US$149.95! O_O Using the nifty currency converter provided with the Windows Sidebar on Windows Vista...



S$217.71!!! O_____O

If I work for $4 an hour and five hours a day... Hmm... I should be able to get it in a fortnight if I work hard... :P That's another thing to add to the wishlist, a good-paying job, ya?

And I started reading the manga Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE as well. I'm only on chapter 18, lol. But here's a few pictures from the manga that I would like to share. :)


Princess Sakura...


Princess Tomoyo...


Kuro-sama sugoi! XD
(means "Kuro-sama is awesome!" Fay always tell Kurogane this when he acts cool to piss him off XD)


Haha, Sakura and Syaoran look so cute together. :P


Syaoran and his kudan, looks so cool, lol. Sigh, too bad kudans are only in Hanshin Republic, so Syaoran can only fight with his kudan in that world. Would be cool if he can take his kudan along to other worlds. XD


Words can't describe how freaking cool that kick is. Just look at Kurogane, Fay and Mokona's reactions. XD


Sakura's luck never ceases to freak people out. XD

And some pictures from the anime Tsubasa Chronicle (who decided to have the same manga and anime have different names? -.-)'s second opening, It's (Lame name for a song =.=), featuring Sakura-chan.





She just looks so kawaii...

Oh yeah, I haven't blog about my new desktop background, right? It's been a few days since I changed it, can't believe I forgot to blog about it.

And here it is, featuring the manga Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE...



And finally, finally, finally, the "main event", featured as in the title of this blog post... today's Chinese 'O' level.

Like yesterday, *copies from yesterday's blog post again* I went to school and went through the benches located at the second floor, which has already definitely became a routine chore for me, as I look around for anyone I know. As usual, I saw Vernon there, among a crowd of 4R1 guys and two 4R3 guys (Kuan Hon and Terence), all of them revising E. Maths Chinese, of course. Who would revise E. Maths on the day of a Chinese exam? XD. Yoshida came a while later and decided to head to the classroom, and I went with him, leaving Vernon with the 4R1 guys. didn't come, so I went to class alone. I saw Huiling there and the two of us were waiting outside the classroom alone, until a while later, when Jovian came, followed by Vernon...

(As again, Italics text are what happened today that didn't happen yesterday.
Strikethrough text are what happened yesterday that didn't happen today.)

Can't blame Vernon for deciding to look through his dictionary for pieces of newspaper. XD
Funnily, two unexpected things occured during Paper I, lol. Firstly, Vernon got some slip of newspaper cutting in his dictionary that he did not know about, and it dropped out during the examination, lol. He quickly stepped on it to hide it from the invigilator, but Ephraim saw it first, lol. Secondly, Yoshida's electronic dictionary ran out of battery halfway. XD And I was complaining about having to use a book form of the dictionary. Come to think of it, it does have its advantage. XD Of course, Ephraim was ridiculing both of them after the exam, lol.
Paper 1, not bad. We were allowed to take the question paper back, so I don't have to resort to memory to blog! Mwahahaha! XD

First two questions of Section A was about letter-writing. First question features a formal letter to write to an organization that helps save the victims of Southeast Asian countries suffering from flood, saying that you want to join their organization, and state your reasons. Second question is an informal letter to a friend discussing your opinions on schools organizing trips overseas to study.

I did the first one for obvious reasons. One, I suck in informal letters (that's for Chinese anyway). Two, I don't know a shit about schools going overseas (seeing that I never bothered to participate in one). There you have it, I went to do question one.

And did it rather shittily. :P Long story short, I just said, "Yo, bub, I want to join, 'cause as citizens of fellow Southeast Asian countries, we are neighbours and are obliged to help them during times of need. Let me join." XD

Section B, composition, features three questions. The first question was to write about a preparation process for a class performance during teacher's day celebration as a class chairman, and write what you and your classmates had benefit from this experience. I didn't waste much time canceling this question.

Second question, discuss how to improve the relationships between teachers and students. I don't know. As if they think I would bother to give a damn. If you asked me though, I'd say... Have students put as their MSN nicks "Let's all take our thick piles of worksheets and burn them for a bonfire during chalet!! XD" and the teacher to come and tell that guy "does it mean u did well? saw your comments about burning all the worksheets". -.-

By the way, in case you are wondering, that MSN nick is what I have as my personal message, and my Maths teacher told me that on MSN. =.=

The third and last question was a newspaper article reflection. Research shows that the employees are mainly the cause of problems of relationships between employees and maids. Discuss your opinions.

I did the third question, but that was because I have absolutely no fucking idea how to do the other two. So guess what? I decided to ignore the point in the question that "employees are mainly the cause" by adding "it is difficult to determine which side is the main cause", then proceed to write it from a neutral point of view, because hell if I know how to write why employees are mainly the cause, I don't have a maid. :D

Damn, I gotta admit, during the start, I thought I would have a lot of free time left, so I had a slow start, and guess what? I almost ran out of time. -_- Was rushing to finish it in the last half an hour, and phew, I managed to finish it with five minutes left. *heaves a sigh of relief, or sighs a heave of relief, whichever one is the correct one *rolls eyes** Can't believe I went to write 506 words in my composition about the employee and maid one. O_O Yeah, I went to count. o.O

Paper 2 isn't bad. I like how they set easy-to-understand passages. Not like the Chinese 'O' level paper in May, I don't understand a single shit from the passages. I really feel like giving a pat on the back to the people who set the paper. Good job on setting those passages. :)

Me like passages which are easy to understand. :D

Weird though, every time, my Chinese comprehension has long answers, about eight or nine lines, but this time my answers are rather short, only three or four lines, taking up less than half of the space available. O_O

Half an hour left. I was so bored I drew a lot of shit on the paper and vandalized it. XD I even sketched the invigilator's water bottle, which was right in front of me (my seat is at the front row, most right, which is just in front of the teacher's table). The teacher came, took a look at what I was doing, and I could practically picture him ask, "Oi, why the fuck are you drawing my water bottle?" XD

But five minutes later, he suddenly announced, "十五分钟。(means 'fifteen minutes')", so I thought maybe he comes from China and doesn't understand English (some Chinese teachers are like that), so instead of picturing him ask "Oi, why the fuck are you drawing my water bottle?", I now picture him ask "喂!为什么你在画我的水瓶?(means 'Hey! Why are you drawing my water bottle?')" XD

I was so bored spending that thirty minutes that I think I managed to successfully vandalize every page of the Chinese paper. XD Wait, except the cover page. Since people judge books by cover, I want to give a good impression by not vandalizing it. XD I even made up mathematical questions on logarithms for myself and see if I can do it. XD

Oh, I forgot to mention. Yoshida was wearing a black jacket and he zipped it up completely. Wondered if he doesn't feel hot? XD At the start of the day, when we saw him dressed up like that, we all laughed, and guess what he did? He wore his hood, hold an imaginary scythe and slash the air in front of him with it. DEATH GOD!! XD


No, not this one... :P

No comments: