Friday, October 05, 2007

Studying and basketball with Hong Wei, again.

Yup, haha, I ended up studying with Hong Wei, as well as playing basketball. But first things first, I would like to make an announcement:



School today is exhausting, man. Real exhausting. First period was Chemistry, where there is a Chemistry mock exam. Second period was A. Maths, where there is an A. Maths mock exam. Third period was English, where there is a composition-writing test. Three tests/exams/whatever in a row non-stop. Oh boy, what a test of stamina and perseverance.

Yup, Chemistry. The subject that I have given up on. It's just not for me. So I was thinking of screwing it up as usual, but damn, since I freaking paid for the damned paper (I was reluctant to do so, that is definitely for certain), I might as well do my best.

And for someone who's given up on the whole entire subject altogether, how do you do your best?

Copy of course. -__-

So yup, I ended up copying Yoshida. Nope, not secretly at all. Opened in fact. Yeah. I was like, "Oi, Yoshida, your left hand is covering the answer." "Oi, Yoshida, can you hurry up and do question 3 so I can copy? I'm stuck there." ^_^"

And while waiting for the slowpoke, I proceeded in front to check what questions I can do and do them first, but having limited knowledge, I only truly understood how to do like one or two questions, most of them involving calculations. XD

I felt it was unfair to just copy Yoshida, so I would let him see the answers of those questions I know how to do, rofl. Fair trade. :P He probably knows how to do them as well, but he's too slow, lol, so by letting him copy, guess I'm speeding him up, so he can be faster and proceed to those questions I am stuck at. Fair trade, fair trade. :P

Second one was A. Maths. It was easy. So very easy. The last question has two parts, where we are supposed to do only ONE part. Still, out of the sake of killing time, I went to do both, and ended up writing on the paper in pencil, "Please mark both of the questions if you have time". -.-" My teacher's lazy, she doesn't like to mark stuff she doesn't have to, so I'm given no choice but to add that note. -__-

Third was English. Five composition topics to choose. For composition, I always choose my topic by first canceling out the topics that I am sure that I CANNOT do. So the first one I canceled was the personal recount one. I suck at those kinds, make no mistake. You have to be very, very descriptive and creative to score well at that, and I cannot definitely apply description and creativity onto a piece of work which allows only a maximum of five hundred words. It's definitely not enough. -_____-

So I went to look at the other topics. The fifth and last one, it's just one word, "Opportunity". Knew no shit about it, screw it, canceled it.

Most of the time I do questions regarding a topic, then asks you whether you agree or not, and state your reasons why. This one was something like, "Schools place more priority on having students achieve good grades than personal aspects. Do you agree?", can't remember the wording exactly. Well, most of the time, I'd do this kind of question, but this time, I'm like, "WHAT THE FUCK!? O.O" What the hell does this "personal aspects" phrase refer to anyway? Who cares. Screw it. Next!

I forgot about the other two. ^_^" Insignificant topics, hehheh. Well, they aren't anything I can handle anyway.

So after realizing that I ended up canceling all five topics, I was like, "Oh... Shit." So I read the one on personal recount... "Write about a time when knowing the truth hurts you and how you come to terms with it." or something like that. Truth, huh...? -.-

Yoshida wrote on a piece of paper, "Star Wars - I'm your father!!" I laughed out so freaking loud, lmao, that the relief teacher (the English teacher was absent for some reason) came and looked at me.

I don't like that guy. Not one bit.

And guess what? I ended up writing the personal recount after all. -.- So I thought for a while. What truth hurts?

And the answer comes to me almost too naturally: The truth of realizing that your best friend is marrying your girlfriend. o.O And somehow I managed to throw it the fact that your best friend is aware that you like the girl, agrees to help you get her (well, Vernon was telling me the plot of "School Days", so I sort of got the idea there :P), then you find the two of them getting together and going to get married. o.O

Next, I had to get names. So somehow, making one bunch of connections starting from names of people in real life, I managed to get three names: Peter (the intended main character), James (best friend-turned-stinking traitor :P) and Sarah (the girl obviously). Won't say how I get those names. :P And oh, it's totally coincidence that Peter and James are members of the Marauders in Harry Potter, yeah, totally coincidence. Well, while thinking of the name for the main character, I thought of my good friend Peter, and was like, "Ah, heck, why not?" XD

I like the part where James justify his action by saying that "All's fair in love and war", and Peter gets so angry he shouts "Then I'll give you war!!", grab a chair and rush forward. XD

And after a while, we had to have some sort of a dialog with the Vice Principal. Turns out to be just one bunch of crap talk which I can hardly remember anything about. Not my fault.

I remembered something though. He's stressing how hard students in other schools are working. He said that the students in Pasir Ris Secondary got a room in Tampines East Community Centre just for night study, and that the students in Dunman Secondary were having night study lessons until very late at night. That got me thinking of the phrase: "no-life". o.O

So the next time I see Sean (who went to Pasir Ris Sec) or Hong Wei (Dunman Sec), I'll call them "no-life". :P

I was supposed to meet up with Hong Wei after school to study together, but when I left the school and called him, he was still in school, so I decided to hang out with Yong Jin and chat with him at the bus stop while he waits for his bus and I wait for Hong Wei. XD

We went to McDonald's as usual to study, but damned, it was packed, so we had to find a table in the middle. I didn't study much lol, just read about two and a half chapters for Social Studies, and doing questions in Hong Wei's A. Maths textbook to procrastinate. :P We got bored soon after, so we decided to go and play basketball.

When we reached the basketball court near my house, we hanged around a bit to decide whether to go to my house to take my basketball first. Well, the court seems to be quite full, so we decided to procrastinate by hanging around the void deck of the block right next to the basketball court and start playing card games. XD Damn, I kept losing to him in Blackjack. :(

Then we decided to just join in the games of one of the groups playing on the basketball court, so we don't have to go all the way back to my house just to get my basketball. XD But we went to the convenience store to buy a bottle of coca-cola first, as I was feeling quite sleepy (coca-cola has caffeine which wakes you up! :D).

We ended up challenging two people around our age. They looked quite pro lol, so I was thinking, "We're bound to get owned. If we're lucky maybe we can still lose four-eleven or five-eleven or something like that..." XD

I think they were letting easy on us or something, because we managed to take the lead, like nine-five or something, surprising and amazing me, lol. And most of the shots are Hong Wei's, obviously. :P The first two times, at the beginning, Hong Wei just checks from the three-pointer line, get the ball back and simply shoot, with 100% accuracy twice in a row. O.O

Then our opponents finally decided to be serious. Gotta admit, they have good shooting techniques, lol. We lost nine-eleven, but that was a lot better than I predicted, rofl. XD

We had a long rest, and then somehow, while watching a few girls play basketball, we started talking about female basketball players, lol. I still remember I said that, "If there are cute girls who play basketball, I'll train my basketball techniques everyday!" XD Then somehow we ended up playing a three-on-three match with the shortest guy of the match, against one tall guy, one guy of average height, and a girl. o.O

The match was easy, to say the least. The two male opponents suck in shooting (though I gotta admit, the tall one was a pain in the ass, he's good at blocking and snatching the ball), and the girl? Most of the time she just stands under the loop. And when her teammates passed the ball to her, she'd fumble it most of the time. Soon, we were having a score of seven-one. So I told my teammates, "Relax, guys, relax." And we took it damn easily. I even shot a few airballs to give the opponents some advantage, though with such lousy shooting skills, they didn't even manage to do no shit.

Until another one of their friends came. That guy took over the girl's position and we restarted the match. The new guy, though quite short for a basketball player, he looks stout, and wearing a basketball jersey with a bag, seems to give off the impression that he is in his school's basketball team, and has just returned from practice. He looks friendly and seems to have good sportsmanship.

Boy, I never thought I could be so wrong at telling a person from his appearance.

He's rough. He knocks into me so many fucking times. He's barbaric. He didn't even bother to apologize. He's lousy. He fumbled so many shots that even I start have to confidence on my own lousy shooting skills. He's crude. He just has to shout every single time he tries to shoot and miss, and with him snatching the ball every time and shooting without any hesitation, that would be like at least ten times in a minute. He's unfriendly. He fell down, I asked whether he is alright, and he ignored me. He's a bastard, alright.

Though kinda weird, throughout the match, I was feeling drowsy and sleepy. Ah, guess I wasn't having enough sleep. Anyway, Hong Wei and the short guy are more than enough to handle the three noobs, haha. Once, Hong Wei attempted to pass to me, but not concentrating, I got hit in the jaws instead, effectively waking me up. Thanks, Hong Wei, but next time, I'd prefer an alarm clock. -.-

The game was getting around eight-six, in which we are still thankfully leading. And freaking hell, that bastard knocked me down onto the floor again. That does it. I was going easy on them, and still they don't appreciate it. They were knocking me left, right and center, and they were too freaking coward to even apologize. That freaking does it.

I can literally feel my anger as I roll up my sleeves (I was still wearing my school uniform XD) and unbuttoned the first two buttons for easier movements. And yup, I went full-strength. Hong Wei was sort of afraid that I would hit him, lmao, so he kept telling me to relax, but then I told him, "It's a life-and-death match!!" XD

They continued knocking into me, once the tall opponent even falls on me, but even I was surprised at my own rate of recovery. Since they were playing so rough, it was inevitable that they would hurt themselves as well (though most of the time they end up hurting me as well), but I could just shake it off, get back up and jump right into the game without even any recovery time! Heh.

And that tall guy got his retribution. The short guy was sick of them playing roughly he went to whack the tall opponent's private part. XD I'm not sure if he did it purposely or accidentally (of course he claims that it's accidental), but there I was thinking in my mind, "Nice one!" :P

Of course, we won the game. Eleven-nine or something. Pfft, if I played serious earlier, it wouldn't even be eleven-four. I will never lose to bastards like them.

After the game, Hong Wei went home. Oh well, time to start studying.

No comments: