Sunday, October 07, 2007

Just some miscellaneous stuff

Hey, I think I just got something perfect to describe Ephraim with. :D "He's so small they can't assassinate him because if they miss him they'll shoot themselves in the foot". :D I think it's cool! :P So remember, never try to assassinate Ephraim!

Was out for dinner yesterday night with my family, when we walked past a optometrist shop. Well, to be honest, after not wearing a pair of spectacles for so long, I have long got used to without spectacles, but guess what, my father just forces me into the shop. Guess he has too much money. I don't mind.

My old man is kind of weird though. Two years ago, back when I first started wearing spectacles, he told me that if I wear my spectacles for too long, my eyesight will worsen. Now, he claims that if I don't start wearing spectacles, my eyesight will worsen.

Make up your fucking mind.

So I went and decided to get myself a pair of spectacles without any frames, haha. I'm kind of sick of the frames blocking part of my view. :P

And now I have to wait until Wednesday to get it. I think I'll only wear it during classes in school or something. Don't really want to wear it every moment and get it spoiled. The optometrist said that spectacles without frames are prone to damage easily. o.O

And when I went back home, I saw my wireless modem still turned on. I was thinking that it is a damned waste of electricity, lol, to keep the modem on even while we are out. I started to wonder how much it costs to keep the modem on, and so I looked under the modem and read the sticker. One line reads "12V DC 1A", and yup, I understand that it means that it runs on direct current, with a voltage of 12V and a current of 1A. I'm glad I learned something practical in Physics. :P

So, as long as I have the voltage and current of an electric appliance, I should be able to find out with ease how to get the cost, right?

So, let's see...



So I would use 0.012kWh of electricity per hour. Assuming that there are thirty days in a month and that there are twenty-four hours in a day, the amount of electricity the modem will use if it is kept turned on for twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week for an entire month is:

0.012kWh × 24 hours × 30 days = 8.64kWh

According to the Singapore Power website, each kWh costs $0.2138. So the amount of money cost if the modem is constantly turned on non-stop for a month is:

8.64kWh × $0.2138 = $1.847232 ≈ $1.85

Wow. That's a lot much more cheaper than I expect. Okay, I think I'm going to keep the modem turned on at all times from now on! :D

Nah, just kidding. ^_^" We all have got to do our parts to conserve electricity, ya? :)

I was on RuneScape just now, burning Willow Logs in Edgeville [the town looks cool after the recent graphical upgrade :)] trying to raise my Firemaking Level and minding my own things in general, when a Level 21 noob saw the Fletching Cape I am wearing (by the way, I am in a non-member world. I miss membership, haha T__T. Maybe I'd get it back after 'O' levels, but who knows? I have to work as well, and who knows whether I'd have time to work and play RuneScape. Maybe, maybe not). He starts begging for free arrows.

NOTE: Just because you see a Level 99 Fletcher, that DOES NOT mean that he has a lot of arrows, and/or that he will give you arrows for free!! Although he may fletch your arrows for you for free if you give him the materials...

Thinking of something smart to say (I'm bored of telling the noobs to just "Shoo."), I thought of Byakuya.



Excellent quote to use for this kind of situation! So I immediately reply, "Disappear. My sword does not exist to crush insects like you." It worked, lmao! Of course, he went ahead and call me a noob (me being level 107 and he being level 21, there's like a difference of 86 levels O.O), and that he has a main who is a member with a level much higher than me, blah blah blah, the standard crap noobs always say. I'm bored of those already, say something new.

Wow, scared me. I went to Google Disappear. My sword does not exist to crush insects like you., and the first result is my blog. o.O



And there's something I find weird.

In One Piece, CP9 members have Soru:

Soru (剃) - Literally, to shave. A technique in which the user moves at very high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least 10 times in the blink of an eye. Luffy has also learned this move and was able to use it in his fights against Blueno and Lucci.

In Bleach, Shinigami have Shunpo:

Shunpo (瞬歩) - Literally, flash steps. A high speed movement technique that allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow

In Bleach, Quincy have Hirenkyaku:

Hirenkyaku (飞廉脚) - Literally "flying screen/god step". A technique that allows the user to move quickly over short distances. To perform the technique, the user gathers spiritual particles under their feet and rides them to the desired location. It can also be used to hover or fly for long distances.

In Bleach, Arrancar have Sonido:

Sonido (响转) - Literally "resounding revolution", the pronunciation is Spanish for "sound". A technique that allows the user to travel at incredibly high speeds for short distances. Use of sonido is punctuated by a brief static sound.

Man, must every single race have their own techniques to travel at high speeds? -_______-

Whooohoooo, I finally got a messenger bag! :D It costed $60.10 originally (why the freaking ten cents, though? ), but after a 15% discount, I bought it for $51.09! :D Just make it $51.10, keep the change. =.=



And aside from a new bag, I got a new wallpaper too! Sigh, I pity the King Black Dragon wallpaper from RuneScape, I've only used it for four days, but this one, I can NOT resist it.



Kawaii kawaii Mikuru-chan!! XD

Oh, and the white line on the left of the Windows Sidebar is because this picture is originally in 4:3 format, but my laptop uses a widescreen resolution of 16:10, so I had to twig the wallpaper a bit, and the white line, it's my fault, I screwed up. D:

And finally, the incantations of my five favorite kidou spells in Bleach, coming in three languages of Japanese, Chinese and English! :D

君臨者よ!血肉の仮面・万象・羽搏き・ヒトの名を冠す者よ! 焦熱と騒乱 海隔て逆巻き南へと歩を進めよ!破道の三十一!赤火砲!
君临者啊!血肉之面具·万象·振翅高飞·冠以人之名者啊!焦热与争斗 分隔海洋
的怒涛向南方前进!破道之三十一!赤火炮!
Ye Lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, The sea barrier surges, March on to the south! Way of Destruction, number 31! Shot of Red Fire!

君臨者よ!血肉の仮面・万象・羽搏き・ヒトの名を冠す者よ! 真理と節制 罪知らぬ夢の壁に僅かに爪を立てよ!破道の三十三!蒼火墜!
君临者啊!血肉之面具·万象·振翅·冠以人之名者啊!真理与节制 仅以爪立于不知罪的梦壁上!破道之三十三!苍火坠!
Ye Lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, Upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws! Way of Destruction, number 33! Blue Fire, Crash Down!

血肉の仮面・万象・羽搏き ヒトの名を冠す者よ! 蒼火の壁に双蓮を刻む 大火の淵を遠天にて待つ!破道の六十三!双蓮蒼火墜,!
血肉之面具·万象·振翅·冠以人之名者啊!在苍火之壁上刻上双莲 在遥远苍穿间静待大火之渊!破道之六十三!双莲苍火坠!
Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens! Way of Destruction, number 66! Twin Lotus Blue Fire, Crash Down!

雷鳴の馬車 糸車の間隙 光もて此を六に別つ!縛道の六十一!六杖光牢!
雷鸣的马车 纺车的缝隙 此物有光群集并一分为六!缚道之六十一!六杖光牢!
Carriage of thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Way of Binding, number 61! Six Rods Prison of Light!

鉄砂の壁 僧形の塔 灼鉄熒熒 湛然として終に音無し!縛道の七十五!五柱鉄貫!
铁砂之壁 僧形之塔 灼铁荧荧 因其坚决终至无声!缚道之七十五!五柱铁贯!
Walls of ironsand, a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies. Standing upright, silent to the end! Way of Binding, number 75! Quintet of Iron Pillars!

No comments: