Saturday, August 16, 2008

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Just started watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion yesterday, because I have three people all recommending me to watch it, namely Long-kun, Justin-kun (two weird people who prefer to have a "-kun" stuck behind their name o.O) and Vernon (*gets the urge to stick a "-chan" behind his name, because the other two all have their own Japanese honorifics ).

Must admit, the anime really reminds me of Death Note. One person gains a mysterious power all of a sudden, feels the urge to change the world, and gets someone tagging along with him and following him. Not to forget that both Lelouch and Light are crazy mother fuckers with insane, maniacal laughs but are so freaking intelligent nobody would not be jealous.

Though, I didn't expect to fucking see Gundams in this anime until I started and was like, "What the fuck? Why are there Gundams in there?" And just when I thought this would be a battle using Geasses. -.-

This anime has two protagonists, on different sides of the battle, making it more like Death Note, with Light and L on different sides. Though, kinda ironic, one's a Britannian fighting for Japan, and the other is a Japanese fighting for Britannia.

The first protagonist is Lelouch, whose appearance reminds me of Kamui from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, and whose character strongly reminds me of Light from Death Note. Which is kinda ironic since both Kamui and Light have the same voice actor - Miyano Mamoru. Kinda funny that Lelouch, though, shares the same voice actor as... Yumichika from Bleach. XD! Watanuki from xxxHolic too, but I don't watch the anime, so meh.


This shot further reminded me of Kamui.


While this one further reminded me of Light whenever he gets outsmarted. XD

The second protagonist is Suzaku, rider of this imbal Gundam named Lancelot. His hairstyle is 85% similar to "Syaoran" from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, and he shares the same emerald-green eyes as Princess Sakura from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, so sometimes I wonder if his real father is "Syaoran", and he was simply adopted by the late Prime Minister of Japan. XD


And oi, why the hell are you wearing clothes similar to my Storyboarding character's? Not to forget that I copied his hairstyle from "Syaoran"...


Not to forget he has imbal physical abilities. I mean, dodging a machine gun with a lag time of 0.05 seconds, doing a wall walk, and then fucking kicking it down? Reminded me more of Clone Syaoran ("Syaoran" doesn't do kicks often, gotta admit) and his kicks, rofl.

And seriously, fucking stop it with the Pizza Hut advertisements. Every time I see one, it gives me the urge to go out, buy some Pizza Hut and eat! Rargh...!! Rage!!

No comments: