Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hungry Ghost Festival Banquet

Went to a Hungry Ghost Festival banquet tonight in a restaurant in the third floor of The Grassroots' Club, next to Nanyang Polytechnic in Ang Mo Kio. My father and I first went to my grandmother's house to fetch her, then to Dan's house to fetch him and his mother. The five of us went there, and wow, we need to pay three dollars to enter and park in the carpark! Sweet! You know what? I think I will be a carpark operator when I grow up. Just imagine how rich I would be if one thousand and simply one thousand cars came and parked at my carpark.

That place is kind of fanciful, haha. And I must admit, the chairs they have there is a lot more comfortable than the sofa I have at home. -.- I can sit down on the chair, and three seconds later, start to fall asleep. XD The five of us went into the restaurant and started to wait for the banquet to start, but my father and I got bored and ran out to explore the place. XD

Halfway through our explorations, Dan came, wielding coins in his hand and telling us that his mother told him there was an arcade here somewhere. I decided to go with him to look for th arcade, so off the two of us go. Couldn't find anything though, bummer. We went back to the restaurant, where Dan kept complaining how hungry he is.

I told him to go into the kitchen, grab a knife lying around nearby and shout, "This is a robbery! Give me all your food!!" But I bet it would be an unwise move, seeing that no doubt the chefs there are loaded with sharp, huge and menacing choppers that have seen many pieces of meat sliced up. ^^"

Since we were all sitting down there waiting for the banquet to start and for the food to be served, I naturally got bored, so in the meanwhile, I was looking around the table, and I realized, hey! My father, Dan and I, the only males at this table, are all wearing polo shirts! So I was wondering if when Mark and his father came, would they too be wearing polo shirts?

I laughed out loud when Mark came wearing a polo shirt, and even louder when he told me that his father, who is parking the car at the moment, also wore a polo shirt! Too bad, his father actually came wearing a shirt. Mark has no idea what his father wears. =.=

After the first dish (which kind of sucks, I have to admit) came the shark's fin soup. Before it actually arrived, I was asking Mark and Dan how many bean sprouts there will be in the shark's fin soup. You know, those restaurants serving fake and shitty shark's fin soup usually spam bean sprouts like no tomorrow? Yeah. So we started making guesses about how many bean sprouts there will be in the whole bowl for the whole table.

I guessed sixty, Dan guessed twenty and Mark guessed one. And holy bloody imbal gay shit... THERE WASN'T EVEN ONE BEAN SPROUT!! Holy fuck! O_______O It was damn tasty by the way, hahaha. Arguably the best shark's fin soup I've ever drank. And thanks to my grandmother for giving up her bowl of shark's fin soup so I could have two. XD

Dan said that it was so tasty he wanted to drink it again. I jokingly recommend he come back and have his lunch here everyday. XD! Yeah, that would make him go broke.

During the auction of the banquet, there was a little bicycle for children being auctioned. I jokingly told Mark that I would buy it for him, and he said, "If you buy it, I will ride it home." So I immediately thought of buying it, having Mark ride it home and taking photos of him for the bloody sake of fun. XD Too bad, it got bid before I finished deciding whether I want to buy it or not. Blast it! And to think it was sold for only $169! XD

Oh, and by the way, the stairs at the Grassroots' Club are damn imbal. Take a look at the photos I took there.







It's bloody suspending in mid-air with no support! H4x!! Took me quite a while to gather up the courage to try walking up and down the stairs, lmao.

I had fun exploring the place with Mark and Dan, by the way. ^^

I got extremely bored near the end of the banquet, because of various reasons. One, the chair there is stiff and uncomfortable. Two, the ten of us are all cramping around the table, so it was rather cramped. Three, the auctioning going on is too loud. Four, the chairs outside are so comfortable that it is imbal. Five, I want to listen to music. These five reasons prompted me to go outside, sit on the chairs there and listen to music. XD I told Dan to send me a message telling me to get in when the next dish came.

After listening to few songs, Dan SMSed me, saying, "Noodles are here." I went back, happily ate my bowl of noodles and got the hell out again. XD After listening to some music, I saw Mark coming out. Nature calls him, and I decided to tag along with him to the toilet. XD I also told him that I overheard a few kids talking about the presence of an arcade in the second floor (Dan and I tried to look for it before Mark came, but couldn't find it), so the two of us went to the second floor. But damn, it closes at 11pm, and the time then? 10.50pm. =.=

The two of us went back to the entrance of the restaurant. I once again sat down at the comfortable seats outside, just ready to listen to music, while Mark starts persuading me to go in, for some reason. Just when I was about to press the "play" button, Dan SMSed me. Major bummer. -.- And lol, he SMSed, "Time for cold stuff."

"Cold stuff"? O_o I went back with Mark and asked him what the hell "cold stuff" is. Apparently, he didn't know whether to spell it "desert" or "dessert" (it's the second one, by the way), so hey, "cold stuff" it is! XD

We went back home after cold stuff. :3

No comments: