Monday, August 04, 2008

For glory!

Felt a bit sian today. Perhaps it is a Monday, meaning no more staying up late to play Warcraft III with James. Perhaps it is because it ends the weekends, which provide me ample time to do and finish up my homework.

First period today was INCG lecture. The lecture was about Gaming and Contemporary Issues. You know, violence, murders, killing, sexual content and all that stuff in video games, and how the bloody media and politicians tend to make a bloody big deal out of it? This = win.

Second period was C. Maths tutorial. Wah, got owned sia. Cannot pon lecture liao.

Kenny, Jia Hao, Khai Ming, Aaron and I went to the library. I have seven words to declare: The Internet connection at Temasek Polytechnic sucks. Whoever gets attracted to study in TP just because of this page is bound to be disappointed. I swear it.

Aaron went off to a computer lab to do some Flash stuff for his WDS website. About twenty minutes later, the four of us decided to join him, because the Internet there was so terrible that we could not do anything. Went to the computer lab, and the wireless network there was also pretty shitty for my laptop. Took about bloody half an hour to connect to the Internet.

CMSK next. Normally, I'd complain a lot before abruptly ending this paragraph and moving on, but not for this week. Instead, we had "conversation circle 2", where we sit down, talk about some stupid topic and let the lecturer rate us and give us a grade. So unluckily, I ended up teaming with Jia Hao (whom of course, I don't mind at all) and Kok Keong (emo gay with a serious attitude problem - I don't think I wanna give a damn about that asshole any more to be honest.), against Jian Shun (yare yare...), Qiyang (yare yare...) and Jurene.

It was just like playing a game of Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, in a two-versus-three game, where the three enemies were all GDI spamming Orcas. (In C&C3, Orcas are aircraft that can only carry a limited number of missiles, and thus have to return to the Airfield to reload their missiles.) After you successfully defend against one player's Orcas, where the defense of your base is already crippled to the point of oblivion, the next player comes with a fleet of Orcas. And AFTER you fend off the second attack, oh, look, here comes the third one! Run for your lives!! And after the third one leaves... THE FIRST ONE RETURNS! HOLY BANANA!

Yup, it was practically like that, expect the fact that Jia Hao and I didn't have much to say about the topic. This is pretty much equivalent to having to defend against Orca strikes without anti-air defenses. Know what? Good game.

Stayed in school because I had CCA later. -.-

Jurene, Jian Shun, Qiyang, Jia Hao and I went to the computer lab, where Aaron, Yong Han and Wan Xiang already were. We joined them, though Jia Hao left later to go home. We were later chased out because they were having a lesson in the lab. Bleh. -.-

Couldn't find another computer lab, so Jurene, Jian Shun and Qiyang went home, while Aaron and me still had to stay in school. The two of us went to sit down at the benches at the first floor of IT school. I initially wanted to finish up my WDS website, but meh, in the end, I decided to procrastinate and play Risk II with Aaron. XD

We played a four-player SameTime game with two computers AI. Here are some screenshots.



Mwahahaha, I attacked the enemy AI from all directions. :D



Fancy two players sending only one troop each just for India. /facepalm You guys can have it; I don't want it!



Mwahahaha, China with 55 men! :D



When I took this screenshot, Aaron was practically screaming, "Nooooooo! No screenshots! Nooooooo!" XD



The final battle. :D



I pwned Aaron.



All your base are belong to us! :D

I wanted to go and do some homework, but Aaron wants a new game, lol. This time, we played yet another four players game, but this time, in classic. I started in South America and quickly spread my forces to conquer North America, and then, Africa, while Aaron started in Australia and quickly moved to capture Asia. To prevent him from gaining seven extra reinforcements due to occupying Asia, I backstabbed him from from North America. XD

Due to the fact that I was getting reinforcements much quicker than him (I had four continents by the time the two computer players vanished from the map, while he only had one), he quickly choked defense in Indonesia to defend Australia, haha. I broke his fortress, with one hundred and eighty-one men, while he only had twenty-five. :D





And this is the screenshot of our final battle. Good game. :)

Went to CCA later. Not much to talk about it, other than the fact that I was doing the "About Us" page of my WDS website, and the layout of my INCG assignment 2 presentation PowerPoint slides during the meeting.

Went home on bus 8 with Aaron and Justin-kun. XD

No comments: