Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tch, how troublesome

Argh, Storyboarding assignment just takes up so much of my time that I don't even have time to blog, lol. I'm glad there will be a week of holidays next week for us to take a break, slow down on our pace, enjoy a breathe or two, and maybe revise on our studies - before the exam two weeks later. -.-

Oh well, I'm not too worried about the exams at the moment. Instead, I'm more worried about my health. All that pressure and anger from the huge workload of recent assignments, together with my lack of sleep, is bound to take its toll on my health. But I will continue on this path - for it is the very path that I have chosen. Fatigue or not, I will forge on, for this is my story.

Charge!! For Lordaeron!! XD

Now, after that little bit, it's back to my usual daily blogging. ^^ Today's blog post's title comes from the fact that we had to present our WDS websites, and we had to wear "smart casual". Argh, so troublesome. I wore a short-sleeve shirt, all buttoned up and tucked in (*rolls eyes*), with a T-shirt underneath (because it was rather cold when I woke up XD), a pair of cargo pants, and a pair of sports shoes.

The results:
  1. I learnt that shorts give you a much wider range of freedom, and whoever invented sandals is a genius.
  2. My parents got freaked out. I think both of them are already used to be wearing sloppy T-shirts, shorts and sandals.

Two hours of WDS spent on having the twenty-five of us presenting. Hmm. I think I did not bad. :P Melvin got owned. He was first to present, and he so bloody obviously just did a great job copying and pasting. I mean, hey, if you are copying from Wikipedia, then please, for God's sake, use your brain and at least remove the links to other Wikipedia articles, as well as the square brackets indication incitations!!

Sigh... Why am I so unlucky to go after Aaron? His website is all bloody Flash, and the lecturer was so freaking impressed by the look and appearance of his website that I doubt she would even bother looking at the rest of anyone of us. Why bother about content and the colour scheme (Aaron told me he only used four colours - white, black, orange and grey. I couldn't find any grey in his website myself ._.) when you can just impress the teacher with a whole bloody website entirely composed of Flash?

Qiyang, Jurene, Jian Shun and Yong Han's websites were so similar that one would have thought they simply changed the images and text, and left the coding totally intact and exactly the same as one another's. XD I like Khai Ming's website. "Simplicity". Ahh. Peacefully soothing. I told Jia Hao his text and background colours totally clash and contrast against each other, but he wouldn't listen. ._. Michael's homepage had a huge Mozilla Firefox icon slapped onto it, telling visitors to use that very browser to access it. Plus two respect points for him. Why didn't I think of that? Damn. Should have slapped a huge Firefox icon into MY webpage too. Darn.

To be honest, I can't really remember anyone else's. ._.

Oh, and Aaron and I were reading the newly out Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 86 together halfway throughout the entire presentation because Aaron got bored and decided to check One Manga for new manga chapter releases. XD

Went to PRSP lecture after that, because we were all practically told and forced to. ._. There was a little briefing before the exams and the end of the term that took about thirty minutes, and after that, bummer, the PRSP lecture. ._. More than half of us were already burning with the desire to get the hell out, including me (^o^).

I like how the two Masons, as well as Shawn, tried to escape out of the lecture threatre. They were sitting in the middle of the row of chairs, and when the lecturer turned his head to look at the screen and to point his laser at whichever line of code he was then explaining at (he was talking about assignment 1, by the way, aeons ago. Yawn...!), they would then shift their position to one chair to the right and sit down there, so when the lecturer turns his head back to the audience, he would find them still sitting down and apparently paying attention. When the lecturer turns his head back to the screen, they would then shift position again, sometimes maybe even jumping two chairs at once. When they were at the extreme right of the row, they would then just run out of the lecture threatre through the entrance at the back. Rofl! XD

We were all watching them as they tried to escape. Haha. I was even prompting them to move by waving when the lecturer had his head facing the screen. Nothing to do mah. Though, must admit, Fuyuan was cooler. He just didn't bother to give a damn, instead slowly walking out and exiting at his own pace and speed, not caring about what the lecturer thinks. XD Right after Fuyuan leaves, someone asks the lecturer if he can leave or not.

The lecturer replies, "Sure, go ahead. It's not I who miss out anyway." These two sentences received a lot of grumblings from the audience, and about seventy percent of us immediately stood up and got the hell out. So much for Masons and Shawn sneaking out so troublesomely. XD Oh, and Aaron bloody fell asleep during the briefing, so he was still sleeping there when we left, not knowing what the heck is going on. Kenny and I had to go back and wake him up. -.- The lecturer caught the two of us standing at the stairs, whacking Aaron and trying to wake him up, and immediately roared at us, "What are you doing there?!" Oops.

Jian Shun, Jurene, Kenny, Aaron, Khai Ming, Jia Hao and I went to Bistro Walk to eat, with Qiyang and Yong Han coming later to join us after the lecture ends. I must admit, the food there was rather bland, tasteless and just plain unappetizing, yet was freaking expensive. I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon...

Jian Shun and Jurene went back home to work on their Storyboarding assignment, so the remaining seven of us went back to IIT School and try to find a computer lab where we can do our Storyboarding assignment, since we were all going to the games room (apparently, according to Kenny, there's Team Fortress 2 there). We found one where it was already occupied with some of my classmates, lmao.

Must admit - was extremely difficult to focus on drawing the frames I drew when Kenny and Khai Ming were laughing their asses off watching videos on YouTube. Got so pissed off to be honest. -.- Aaron and Jia Hao got bored and went to find some Chinglish signs on the Internet to laugh their asses off at. Khai Ming, Kenny, Shi Hui, Yong Han, Qiyang and I all joined in. XD!

Managed to finish colouring two of my Storyboarding frames, though I must admit, the second one where my male protagonist holds the hand of the female protagonist was a pain to colour, mainly because of her long hairstyle! Damn it, I swear, it's a pain. Next time, no more long hairstyles!! Oh, and it was troublesome to decide on a colour for her long hair as well. I wanted light blue, but it looked disgustingly bright. I tried pink, following Kenny's advice, and it was even more disgusting and even brighter. I ended up with brown. I hope Jurene doesn't sue me for copyright issues. ._.

I wonder how animes decide hair colours for their girls. ._.

Went to the games room. No TF2. =.= Then what the hell did I stay back in school so late for?? Rargh. Went to play some basketball game with Jia Hao on the PlayStation 2. I was initially leading, but the fact that I kept trying to rely on three-pointers to score yet keep failing to score meant that Jia Hao caught up with me, and the first half ended in 16-17, me losing by one mark. XD No fair, he got Yao Ming on his team and I don't. ._. Jia Hao got bored and both of us quit playing, lol.

Went to play CounterStrike. Got a terrible headache and instead went back to the consoles area, where Qiyang and Kuan Wei were playing Guitar Hero III. XD I took over the PlayStation 3 and played Time Crisis 4. Died at the part with the helicopter where you get infinite ammo and can just keep firing like no tomorrow. Damn. Qiyang took over and beat the whole entire game with only one continue (each game has nine lives, by the way XD). Oooooh. My first time seeing the Time Crisis 4 ending. :3

Lmao, I seriously like the fight with the boss of Stage 2, where while the two playable characters shoot him down, Rush gets busy fighting the boss in front of the two of them in a melee combat match, shouting stuff like "You! You're a disgrace to your country!!" and "You took an oath of loyalty to your country!". Was funny watching the two of them fight, while Qiyang gets pissed and keeps screaming, "Ahh!! Don't block my way!!", just because he gets a thousand points deducted from him when he ends up accidentally hitting Rush. XD!

Went home with Aaron on bus 8. Saw Justin-kun on the bus stop, so the three of us took the same bus home, haha.

No comments: