Tuesday, August 26, 2008

INCG exam lololol

Went to school at 1.30pm for the INCG exam. Melvin came on board the bus I was taking to TP two bus stops before TP, lol, so the two of us went to the Sports Hall, the examination venue together. Saw Shi Hui along the way near the Business School's canteen, so the three of us went there together, saw a bunch of our classmates seeing down there trying to study and revise, and went ahead to join them.

The actual exam was an "Ugh, what the hell?" scenario. Those chapters that I studied didn't come out, while those that I failed to study sure came out. Well, hell it IS always like this, right? Damn. -.-

The first question was of the five stages of game development. Hmmm, not bad, not bad. The second question was of computer graphics, asking a bunch of stuff like Frame Buffer, Back Buffer, Alpha Value and the four co-ordinate spaces of World Space, Object Space, Camera Space and Clip Space. Ugh. I wrote on my paper, "Die. D: Wipe time!" ^^

Question three combines several topics together - including AI, which didn't go too bad in my opinions; audio programming, asking for an advantage and disadvantage each of MIDI and digital audio streaming, which I think I screwed up; and the roles of a game development team, which I think I screwed up too after reading the correct answer on the lecture slides.

The fourth question asked about gameplay, which I don't think I did that badly, except for one question which asked what "perceivably fair playing experiences" mean. Ugh, screwed that up. It means "Players shouldn't be doomed from the start through their 'mistakes'." I'm grateful to Google Books for having Game Development Essentials. :P

The last question, which doomed me to oblivion, was about 3D animation, and I didn't even remember studying about it, only remember something here and something there from attending the lecture. Ugh. Wipe time!!

Since Kenny, Aaron and I are going to Tampines Mall together after the exam, I decided to stay in the examination hall and wait for either of them to be done before leaving, since it's so boring to wait alone outside, haha. After quite a while, I saw Kenny walking up to hand his paper, so I did the same and left the examination hall with him.

Few of our classmates were outside the Sports Hall discussing about the horrific disaster that is the INCG exam, so we went ahead and joined him while waiting for Aaron, lol. After quite a while, Aaron came out with Khai Ming, and I was kind of surprised that he came out so early. XP After waiting for another while, Jia Hao came out, and the five of us left.

We took bus 69 to Tampines Bus Interchange, where Khai Ming headed home and the remaining four of us to Tampines Mall. We went to Courts, where I bought a new computer mouse, yay. ^o^ A Logitech optical mouse for $19, but heh, it felt really good to use. XD Jia Hao wanted to buy a new mouse as well, but he didn't have any money, lol.

We went to the arcade to play. I put in $10, Aaron $4 and Kenny $3, but lol, turns out we get an extra $3 if we put in $20, so we got Jia Hao to put in $3 too. XD Aaron first went to play Stacker. He got up to one block above minor prize and died, lol. Oh well, better luck next time. XD

Kenny and I went to play House of the Dead 4, and damn it, he's such a better player than me. ._. And lol, he kept pointing out that I spam bullet. I mean, c'mon! It's a submachine gun! With unlimited ammo! Those who don't spam are letting their money (said money which goes to the arcade for playing games) down!

And damn it, Kenny was so good, we brought down bosses in no time. ._. For the first boss, he told me to hold down the grenade button, so I asked, "Huh?", but did as told. Then he told me to release it. That I did, saw the grenade being thrown, and BAM, the boss died, just like that. I was left wondering, "What the...? ._."

Kind of funny how Jia Hao and Aaron kept making snide comments by the side. "No, that guy looks just like a normal guy! Why did you kill him?! D:" XD!

And yay, for the very first time of my life, I beat through the entire game! ^o^ On several continues, duh. ._. Lol, the ending was kinda weird. James blew himself up along with that annoying last boss (thanks to Jia Hao for teaching me how to counter against his ice-dragon attack so I can beat him XD), and Kate is left kneeling on the floor and asking, "James... what should I do?" XD

At the end of the game, they showed your progress throughout the entire game. One of that they showed are the six grades that you obtained at the end of the six stages. For some reason, I got "CBCBCB". o.O XD!

The four of us went to play a racing game called Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 against each other. I managed to be in the lead at the start, but then I kept trying to block their way forward instead of concentrating on the road myself, so they ended up overtaking me and I became last. ._. While the three of them were fighting among themselves, I caught up from behind and managed to take the lead again. :D

Just at the last minute before the finishing line, when I was ready to proclaim my victory... Jia Hao came out of nowhere and took my first place, making me second! D: Damn his manual car (compared to my automatic)! DX Jia Hao got first, I got second, Kenny got third and Aaron last, lol. :3

Since Jia Hao won, he was able to play another game. Some guy came and challenged him, and thoroughly thrashed him lmao. He led since the start, and Jia Hao never even managed to catch up with him at all. The game ended with Jia Hao about 300 metres behind him. Awww... I even asked Jia Hao during the game, "Hey, want us to go and disturb him for you?" XD

With little money left, we let Aaron play a game of Stackers before leaving. This time, he even failed to get the minor prize. Lol.

Jia Hao and Aaron headed home for dinner, while Kenny starts to wait for his mother to come for dinner together, so essentially, I became alone lol. ._. Went to McDonald's for dinner, and got Kenny to join me while waiting. XD We went to Popular after I finished my dinner, because I wanted to check for new manga, haha.

Yay, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 23 is out!! ^o^


Beautiful, beautiful cover! =D

Went home after that. :3

No comments: