Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cold... *shivers*

Damn, what's wrong with the air-conditioning in our class for the past two days? It got so freaking cold it reminded me of my cold-tolerance training during Genting!

Long queues easily bore us, especially more when the Euro Express was going down to maintenance every fifteen minutes, so we went back to the small, cheap and lousy room we now have. Dave went to sleep and his sister followed. Bored, I went downstairs, walked around First World Plaza, doing some window shopping, and finally sat outside the Flying Coaster, in the cold and windy mist, as silent protest or cold resistance training, for one hour. Can't remember which. Ah, let's make it both. Cold winds plus water droplets condensing on my hair makes even me shiver. Temperature at 15 degrees Celcius to 20 rocks. :D

Just what the hell happened to the aircon??

Sigh... Computer got taken away for reparation. Didn't know the Internet connection problem was this bad, lol. I should have predicted this. Three modems, one of them new, and not one can work. Why was I so blur to be unable to determine that the problem is not a small one? X( Haha.

According to the computer repairman, he's gonna format my computer. That means all the files, programs and other shit are going bye-bye. To be honest, I don't really care, as long as he backs up my files and documents. The only one I fear... is Warcraft III... All I have is the Frozen Throne disc. My mother threw away all of my freaking discs, including my Reign of Chaos disc. Yeah, all my fucking discs, costing at least approximately five hundred dollars. That bitch. Well, according to Dave, I should be able to install the game with the Frozen Throne disc, but if I can't... I'm fucked.

Today's school is not bad by the way.

Yoshida went back to the class to a misfortune. Out of the chairs in our classroom, one is spoiled, and has the plastic part of the chair separated altogether with the metal part (the frame-thingy at the bottom to support the plastic part). It is very uncomfortable to sit on that chair, so undoubtedly, anyone getting that chair would immediately try and switch it with someone else's chair, hoping he/she wouldn't notice it. A few days ago I found that chair in my 'possession', and I almost immediately switched it with Alvin's, the nearest one who I would not have any hesitation to give such a chair [hey, hey, don't expect me to give that chair to a lady. The nearest guy to me is Alvin, if you exclude Yoshida, because he would beat me up if he knew I gave him that chair XD (Yeah, Sean, I can't see you )]. So now, this morning, Yoshida found it in his possession, and almost immediately knew that it was Alvin who switched it (he witnessed me 'giving' it to Alvin a few days ago), but he can't do anything, since everyone has already returned to the classroom then.

First period was Physics test. Bah, I screwed up on one question. The formula for the transformer is NS ÷ NP = IP ÷ IS, but I thought that it was NS ÷ NP = IS ÷ IP, so instead of dividing by two to get 1A, I multiply it instead and get 4A. *rolls eyes* I'm better off than Yoshida though, he didn't read the part about current in the transformer section of his Physics textbook, and thus is somehow under the delusion that you cannot calculate the change in current by using the turns ratio, and thus for his answer, had "Can't be determined". XD

Second period was P.E. Had our heights and weights taken. Wonder what Particle E's height is, lol. Alas, the teacher didn't announce the heights. Then Vernon, Yoshida, Ephraim and I went to take badminton rackets and play badminton. It was at first 2-on-2, with Vernon and I against Yoshida and Gamma Ray. Then Larry joined in halfway, and it sort of became weird. We went into a pentagon shape and play "all-for-himself", taking the shuttlecock and whacking it at any direction we prefer, lol. Vernon seems to be distracted or something during that, so he kept missing and stuff.

Just when we are getting tired of the confusion, we decided to have a regular 2-on-2 match. Larry offers to quit, but I saw the other guys in our class gathering in the quadrangle to play soccer, and I instead offered to quit, since I wanted to go and play soccer. XD Not many goals through the game, lol. Both team's defenses are good, heh.

The four of us (Ephraim, Vernon, Yoshida and I) were the only ones to go back to the classroom to change from P.E. T-shirts to our school uniforms. Yoshida and I, lazy or for some other reason (I'm not sure about Yoshida, but mine definitely is lazy), changed in class, while Ephraim and Vernon went to the toilet to do so. Ephraim was like, "Watch out for girls coming!" We saw one coming and quickly hide. Turns out it's our Literature teacher when we are Sec 1 (three years ago), rofl, you know, the one as short as gamma ray (possibly even shorter)? XD Who cares, lol.

After we finished changing, I was just about to get a sip of water (you expect me not to get thirsty after a game of soccer? XD) when Yoshida told me that it is revenge time against Alvin. I was wondering, "Isn't Alvin playing soccer with us? (Hey, wait, is he? o.O) What did he do to you?" Turns out it's because of the chair, lol. Damn, I forgot something two hours ago. Short term memory. XD So yeah, I offered to help, and went to Alvin's seat. He dumped his uniform on the chair, so I took it, put it on his table, then switched the chairs, with Yoshida giving me the broken chair and taking the normal one from near our seats. Then, I decided to be funny, and placed the plastic part of the chair first, then put the metal part on top upside-down, then dump his uniform there. XD I suppose that Alvin is going to figure out that it was Yoshida who did it (because Alvin is probably the one who gave Yoshida the broken chair to begin with), and since he already knew, combined with the fact that Yoshida writes 死神 (means Death God, it's his nickname) almost everywhere he feels like, why not write 死神 on Alvin's place? XD But can't write, but I got a better idea. Take the Reaper rug that Yoshida, Ephraim and Vernon did and dump it onto his uniform. XD I was laughing out loud as I took a photo with my handphone. XD



We were both laughing out loud, in fact, and I went to drink water. Then, Ephraim came in (followed by Vernon), and Yoshida told him what we did. They laughed out loud, and even I wanted to do so (Yoshida just put it in such a funny way), but with the water in my mouth, I choked and spat all of my water onto the floor. XD Then I showed Ephraim and Vernon the photo I took. XD Yoshida's a good Death God though, so he offers to put it back nice and proper. ...but he still left the Reaper rug there. XD

We then went to Physics for SPA. Had to do a complicated experiment, with a complicated set-up involving the usage of a laptop and three sensors. The data logging program is difficult to use, and the set-up is complicated to set up, so I got bored and went to Paint. I drew Zangetsu, lol, and it was fun. Never knew drawing on the computer could be so easy with a touch screen laptop, lol. If I ever buy such a laptop, I may think of being an artist... XD

It was recess after that. The four of us, having done no work during Physics SPA whatsoever (:P), went to the library, dumped out stuff there and then went to the canteen to buy drinks from the vending machine. We bought cans of H2O each, but Particle E disappeared, while Yoshida sat down at the foyer (or so I believe is the correct term to use here... XD) facing the gate, with Vernon and I sitting beside him. He thinks that the gate looks tempting, lol, implying that he wants to try to get out and embrace freedom. I even jokingly added that the three of us should run out, and let's see who is slow and stupid enough to get caught by the security guards. XD Yoshida seems to think that the security guards have machine guns, for usage against students who try to escape, rofl, although I seriously doubt that they even have any arms, rofl, and yes, that includes inferior weapons like sickles and brooms, and yeah, stuff like that. Why am I connecting my sentences with "rofl" anyway...? o.O

One can of H2O wasn't enough for me, so I went and buy another one, lol. We then went to the library. Talked cock, sang song, the usual. When the bell rang, Yoshida was the last to leave the library, though we didn't bother to wonder why. It is only halfway back to class that Yoshida bothered to remind us that we left our stuff in the library. XD Three of us ran back to the library rofl.

English next. More oral practice. One word to sum that hour all up: Boring.

Two hours of Maths lesson next was spent by the teacher teaching Relative Velocity... at her own pace. *cough* extremely slow *cough* I'm glad she gave us preliminary papers to do yesterday. I took it out and saved me two hours of boredom.

...Make it three. I was doing it during Chemistry too. Like, duh. When is the last Chemistry lesson in which I didn't bring something unrelated to Chemistry? I enjoy doing the maths questions, lol... as long as I can get the correct answers. If not, I'll get frustrated, and that can easily break my mood and passion to do more questions. XD

Watching the computer repairman trying to fix my Internet problems, I seemed to have figured out what career I can take if I fail at being a game designer... A computer repairman... XD Well, I want to be a game designer because I have took a liking for games ever since I've been a child, and I almost never fail to find faults in the games I play, while on the other hand also finding how this game excels in game play, graphics, and why is it so attractive to gamers. It's like, "This game is good because (for an example) it has forty plus characters for you to use, so you can have a wide choice, while it sucks because due to the excessive number of characters, many are not even used by the player, and also there is very little character development for each character (the game I am referring to, for an example, is Chrono Cross by the way. Out of the forty plus characters, I have at most used seven or eight of them throughout the entire game, lol). This other game, though, it is good because it has only three characters and thus has satisfactory character development, but it can get boring playing with only those three (I'm referring to Final Fantasy X-2 this time). I think I can design a better game by combining their pros and cons."

Long story short, it's those, "If you (with the "you" obviously referring to yours truly, haha) thinks this sucks, then I'll like to see you come up with a better one. If not, shut up."-kind of argument. So I thought, "Why not? Maybe I'll come up with a better one." It's my interest after all. Of course, I didn't just pay attention to the number of characters and character development when I play games, haha. I pay attention to the graphics, game play, storyline, battle system, mini games, etc., etc. So yeah, that's my motivation to be a game designer.

But I think my new-found motivation to be a computer repairman is more straightforward. Since childhood, I've been addicted (well, not really addicted. I think I can quit anytime, but it's just that I don't BOTHER to quit XD) to the computer (well, more to its function and less to its, you know, as in the box we call 'computer'? XD), and every time it fucks up, like it got overheat and cannot boot up, or *cough* the modem fucks up big time *cough* (I'm coughing here because this happens to me so much I think I'm now all -___- when it happens, and no longer angry or frustrated, haha), to list a few examples, my mood takes a dive to negative land (where you can find a lot of electrons floating in the air!! :D). [I'm interrupting my sentence with too many information contained in brackets too many times, man... X(] And during those really desperate times when I spent hours trying to fix my computer and fail ultimately, I'll call in a computer repairman (it's really a last measure, though, because most of them charge expensively XD), watch him work on it and just somehow got it all fixed up. I don't know, but if I became a computer repairman, wouldn't I be able to fix computers, and especially if their owners are like me, watch the smiles on their faces when I manage to fix their computers, just like what I would do when my computer is finally fixed after spending many hours trying to fix it and in the end get frustrated? (Oh my god, my sentences are getting too long XD) I don't know, that's the "noble" reason, and the "selfish" reason (man, why am I categorizing my reasons? XD) is that I would know how to fix my OWN computer and not spend hours on it TRYING to fix it and still FAIL. XD Besides, the pay seems good, lol (to be honest, I don't really know about this, I'm just estimating from the large amount of money I would be forking out after the computer repairman is done XD).

Ack, is this a time to be discussing career options...? XD

No comments: