Saturday, July 14, 2007

Got a new modem :D

Yay, I got a new modem! :D But let me blog about my daily life first, lol.

The AMV that I started on yesterday, using the song Kimi e - Kaze ni Nosete from School Rumble, is finally completed this morning, lol. The short time I spent on it amazed me, haha, since I was expecting an AMV to take around one week before completion, haha, not to forget that my Windows Movie Maker is one that hangs when you trim or delete a clip. XD

I'm extremely satisfied with how it turns out, haha. I can only found two other AMVs on YouTube using the same song, but one of them dedicates the three parts for three separate girls that seem to develop a relationship with Harima, lol, namely Tenma, Eri and Tae. Lol, the song was specifically written by Harima for Tenma (well, at least that's in the series. Who knows who actually wrote it, as in in real life, haha), so I don't really like that one, haha [it doesn't help much either that I'm bias due to me being a fan of the Oudou (True Path) Faction (and in other words, I support the pairing of Harima and Tenma). XD] The second one was devoted all to Harima and Tenma, but the author seems to just dump in random clips he can find of Harima and Tenma, with no respect to the timing or the lyrics of the song, so I thought, "What the hell, I can do better." Hence my reason for doing this (though it's also to kill time, I want to get online quick T________T).

Yeah, enough with it, enjoy the AMV! XD



Basically, my idea for what clips go where comes from the lyrics of the song. For example, the first out of three sections of the song goes "The first time I saw you, you stole my heart away. I've always been looking at you, only you. To me, this is my first confession. The other day I made a slight mistake. But please don't mind, this is my first and last chance. The wind will carry my feelings to you. I love you." I split the section into parts.

The first part consists of the lyrics "The first time I saw you, you stole my heart away. I've always been looking at you, only you.". Well, this song was played during School Rumble episode 10, when Harima is about to confess to Tenma. When the song was played, images of Tenma (using the Harima's eye) were shown on the screen, so this is where I got my idea from. I filled the first part of the three sections using images of Tenma from the eye of Harima. XD As long as both Harima and Tenma are in the scene, this kind of clips are extremely easy to find. XD

The second part consists of "To me, this is my first confession. The other day I made a slight mistake. But please don't mind." In episode 10, when "The other day I made a slight mistake. But please don't mind." plays, we see Harima confessing to Eri earlier in the episode (the Sun's rays got into his eyes, and he thought it was Tenma instead of Eri, rofl). So I filled the three second parts (from the three sections) up with Harima screwing up and making mistakes, haha. Those are, of course, easy to find. If Harima doesn't screw up so much, how can we call this anime one of a romance comedy genre? XD Two of these clips are Tenma mistaking that Harima likes Yakumo, and the third is Harima using Tenma's curry dish and breaking it subsequently (good job on that one, Harima, I don't like Karasuma XD).

The third part consists of "This is my first and last chance. The wind will carry my feelings to you.". I just fill them up with clips showing Harima going 'impulsive', lol, like you know, the background looks similar like in the Pokémon anime, when the Trainer orders an attack, you see the background, yeah, something like that. :P Yeah, I got the idea from 'first and last chance', so I decided that I would show Harima's rash side, lol.

Of course, the final part of "I love you." are clips of Harima and Tenma together. XD

And I filled up the parts without lyrics with whatever clips I can find of Harima and Tenma. As long as it fits, it's alright.

I'm thinking of adding karaoke subtitles to it soon, lol, but problem is, I have to get online to proceed. -.- One, I need the lyrics, and even though I have the lyrics to the first section (I have the subtitled video of the song played during episode 10 in my handphone. Just ask Yoshida, he saw me watching it in Chemistry lesson just the other day XD) and I memorize the entire lyrics, I just can't type it out (I'm bound to make mistakes, and being the perfectionist I am, prefers not to). Two, I need a WAV file to time. I only have the MP3 file, but SubStation Alpha doesn't accept MP3 files, lol, and I have no music converter. I can use VirtualDub to convert the video file to WAV file, but VirtualDub doesn't accept videos in WMV format, which I saved my AMV as (to save space. If I save it as AVI, it's gonna take at least 1GB! X( That's how Windows Movie Maker is, sadly. Lack of compression for AVI format). I probably can convert that WMV to AVI using an online converter named MediaConverter (which also very conveniently allows downloads from YouTube :D), but I also need to have access online to do that too. ^_^" So sadly, I can't proceed without Internet access. :( And yeah, I don't have the complete translation. :( Only the first section. I'll just add in subtitles of the translation for the first section, and maybe next time add it if I find it, or if some kind folk gives it to me, hehheh. :D

And oh yeah, before I forget, I would like to thank my A. Maths Ten-Years-Series for helping me kill time, since Windows Movie Maker lags and hangs so freaking much that eighty percent on the time spent on the AMV is waiting. ^_^"

All right, let's "go to real life" now.

Today is 1st of June on the Lunar Calendar, and according to the adults, a good day to pray, so we went to the temple in Loyang to pray. First thing I did at the temple after alighting the car is to rush towards the vending machine to get myself a can of coca-cola. XD Took my father along too, lol. There, I took out my wallet, and what the heck, the only coin I have was a ten-cent one. -_- I asked my father to take out whatever coins he have, and guess what? The only coin he has, likewise, was one of ten-cent. -_- Yeah, our combined age is 64, and together all we have is twenty cents. Pathetic, eh? XD

I wasn't really interested in the praying part, to be honest. The temple is situated right next to the sea, and I went ahead and take some photos.



And for some reason, there were a flock of birds (I believe pigeons) resting on the rocks along the shoreline, lol.



After that, we went to Tampines Mart to buy a modem. Got an Ethernet one, and it costs sixty-nine bucks. -.- Man, if only my family is so rich I can spend $69 on a modem and not having to go all -.-... XD Up to this point in time, how to use an Ethernet modem without referring to instructions still confuse me. X(

The modem encountered a problem initially, but I didn't know what problem it is. I was suspecting it is because I keyed in the wrong password for my ISP. Well, last time I got it changed on the phone, and I typed it into my computer, click Save Password, and subsequently forgot about it. I somewhat have a brief image of what the password is, although I'm not 100% confirm that I got the correct password. So after encountering the problem, I believe it to be because the password I have in mind is a wrong one. So my father went to call SingNet (more like pressing numbers according to what some stupid pre-recorded voice instructs, though -.-), and we got the password reset. I was expecting to receive the password over the phone, but no, no, no, they must make it complicated and instead send it to me by mail in three working days. THREE WORKING DAYS! WHAT THE HECK!?

I finally found the Diagnosis function in the modem, and turns out, the problem arises due to the fact that the computer and the modem, for some weird reason, could not connect to each other. -_- So I pluck out the Ethernet line, pluck it back in, and restart Diagnosis. Computer-to-modem test, pass. Modem-to-line test, pass. Line-to-ISP test, fail. Why? Because my password is wrong. X( Why the heck did I went to reset it, lol? There was this slight chance that the password I have in my mind is correct, but instead I blew it and went to get it reset. X( I'm such a dumbass, rofl. XD

So there, no Internet for another three days. Oh well, let's hope my new modem works after having the password. :S

Alright, I'm out of things to blog about. So long, I gotta find something to occupy me. XD

No comments: