Sunday, July 08, 2007

Fears

Sigh...

Just now, while computer gaming, an insect flew into my room through the windows. It was quite small, like 2cm, with an armour-like shell and wings under it. I was creeped out by its appearance, I was creeped out by its presence in my room, and yet, I could do nothing... I felt helpless, I felt pathetic...

I took an empty bottle and a piece of paper, hoping I can cover it with the paper and bash it to its death... But I fear dirtying the floor. Then I wanted to make it go onto the paper, then cover it and bash it... But I fear getting close to it. Next I wanted to get a can of insecticide... But I fear what would happen if I take my eyes off the damned thing.

It was a good long time indeed since I've ever being so frightful. I jumped at its slightest, most sudden movements. I shouted fearfully when its wings appeared and it took flight. I was so frightened I even started imagining that there were not only one, but many others around in my room... Gosh, what is happening to me? Why am I fearing something many times smaller than me?

Thankfully, my mother returned home, and bravely took it away, using the paper to wrap it up.

Fear... Why must humans have this kind of weird and freaky thing? What good does it serve us to have such a thing? And why is it that we still have it?

Sigh...

Might as well, two quotes from Bleach, haha.

"What a letdown, Kurosaki-san, a real letdown... After all, there is nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, you're afraid of getting killed. When you attack, you're afraid of killing someone. Even when you try to protect someone, you're afraid of letting them die. Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. What's necessary in a fight isn't fear. Nothing can be born of that. When you dodge, "I won't let them kill me." If you protect someone, "I won't let them die." If you attack, "I will kill them." Well, can't you see the resolve to cut you in my sword?"
- Urahara Kisuke

"Why do you run, Ichigo? You still have not called me. Face forward, Ichigo. You should be able to hear it now. That which blocks your ears is worthless fear. The enemy is one, you are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die. Shout! My name is..."
- Zangetsu


And oh yeah, I pretty much like my new blog layout, heehee. Went to look around blogskins.com, but most of them don't catch my eye, because most of them cramp all the text into one small box. -.- The very few of them left don't really suit my taste too, lol, either due to usage of colours, or pictures, yeah.

So heck, I decided to make my own. Ripped out two images from d-tecnoLife, the second opening in Bleach, then had to adjust the image at the end of the opening (the one I'm using as the 'banner', and in other words, the one of Chad, Orihime, Ichigo, Ganju, Hanatarou and Uryuu up there), because Ganju is too high up while Ichigo is too bottom down, haha. All I did was screenshot the image (gotta take a bit of skill at timing, lol, because immediately after Ichigo and Ganju appear, the scene changes -.-), split the six, then put them back together, adjusting their heights. Though I kinda screwed up on Chad, so he's appearing a little bit low. :P

Edit made on 26th February 2008:

Here is the banner by the way.



The bottom one was easier. All I did was screenshot the image near the beginning, and took out the lines of karaoke at top and bottom. ^_^ Then, to make it less boring, I slap on lyrics of d-tecnoLife onto both pictures, haha. So now I'm rather proud of my blog layout, heehee. :D

Edit made on 26th February 2008:

Here is the footer by the way.



Thanks a lot to Jasmine on helping out on a few technical errors, heehee. :P

No comments: