Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lol, right, whatever.

My Internet connection is still down, zzz. Yup, it encountered the same problem as yesterday. I'm starting to believe that this is a problem even I cannot fix. So now, the only solutions left for me to get my Internet connection working back to normal again, is to either one, get a professional to fix it, or two, just buy a new modem. It may be more much cheaper to just buy a new one, yeah, but who knows if the new one is compatible with my computer or not? Out of all computer hardware, the modem has been giving me the most problems over the past few years, so it is natural to say that my confidence in them is seriously lacking, haha.

I can't believe how meaningless my life has become without online games, haha. Well, my life still has meaning, it's just that it is a bit less meaningless than it is with computer games. XD With nothing to do, all I did was to watch a few episodes of anime here and there (I watched the two OVAs of School Rumble, as well as episode 10, just now by the way), maybe play around on a few offline games (I spent ten short minutes on Little Fighter 2), and then proceed to sleep, lol. Oh well, it could be a blessing in disguise, I'm lacking sleep anyway, and now that I have so much free time, I might as well use them to replenish my sleep, haha.

The film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out in cinemas today, lol. Was wanting to watch it with Vernon, Yoshida and Ephraim, but Vernon said that there isn't any good seats in the cinema until next Saturday, since most of the seats were for the front, and thus he rather wait for the DVD and not watch it at the cinema. -_- So I went ahead and called Sean and Hong Wei, haha, my two best friends during primary school. Gee, come to think of it, the three of us have been watching the past three Harry Potter movies together! XD (Sorry Wenjia you are excluded Yeah, Wenjia, another friend of ours in our primary school life, has also watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with us, lol) To be honest, I was expecting them to take a long time to settle it, like that time when I asked them whether they want to watch Mr. Bean's Holiday with me, lol, but surprisingly, this one was fast, taking less than five minutes. XD

So yeah, it's all settled, lol. We're watching the movie next Saturday (I'm following Vernon's PRO advice ), with Sean, living extremely near to the cinema, helping us to buy the tickets first. He should be able to get it by Sunday. Can't wait, lol. Hope to get it confirmed quickly and smoothly. :)

Alright, let's go on to school life.

There was yet another temperature taking exercise this morning. Just what the heck happened that made us have to take our pointless temperatures everyday? -.- Of course, I was again rubbing the silvery part of my thermometer to get myself a good reading. I overshot and got 38.6°C. XD I quickly reset it and start rubbing again, and after quite an effort, it went to 36.8°C, a good one. Now I would have to just wait for it to stabilize and fix itself. That part is normally easy, just hold onto it and not move it. But problem is, I'm racing against time, as the teacher slowly walks down to check everyone's thermometer for their readings. :S Of course, there would be awkward questions if she found out the temperature I have been getting is not my body temperature. XD Luckily, I made it in time, phew. SUUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEEEER! XD Wei Sheng, who was sitting behind me, didn't bring a thermometer, lol, so I lent mine to him. Now, it's with Wei Sheng that I share the same temperature of 36.8°C today. XD

First period was Geography, in which there was supposed to be a test, but got postponed. Instead, the teacher goes through the Ten-Years-Series questions with us. I, for one, has no interest in this, because one, I didn't bring my Geography Ten-Years-Series, two, I didn't even do the questions in my Geography Ten-Years-Series to begin with, and three, the teacher is so slow it can make me cry. Instead, I borrowed Hiok Joo's Chemistry textbook and read up on electrolysis, lol, since I probably will have to take the test after Chemistry SPA, which is at the end of the day, having missed the day last week and came up with excuses and absences to not take it for the following days. ^_^" I got bored of it with about six pages left to read and heck cared about Chemistry, lol.

Damn, come to think of it, I don't really like Chemistry. Reading up on and memorizing the concept don't freaking help, you must know how to use and apply the concept you learn. If you can do so, like Vernon, you score high. If you can't, you phail. Worse still, the teacher sucks at teaching concept (wait, I thought she sucks at teaching anything and everything?), and so do the Chemistry textbook (sure, you can find the concept in there, but how does a book teach you how to apply a concept you have learned, lol?). Sigh, I'm so abandoning my Chemistry. Leave it alone, heck care it, place priority on other subjects. No matter how much effort I put in, I can never excel in Chemistry, that's a solid yet cruel fact. *nods* XD

One of the stupid questions in the Geography Ten-Years-Series that the teacher was going through goes like this. A poor farmer is continuously getting poor because of bad weather and low produce. What should the government give him to help him? One, a high interest bank loan. Two, HYV (High Yielding Variety, or so I believe) seeds. Three, gift of a tractor. Four, I freaking forgot. XD The correct answer is two, and I suppose we all know why, but Yoshida insists it's three, lol. Take the tractor and sell it for money. XD I think he should take the tractor, sell it, use the money to buy seeds, and still get leftover moneys. XD It's better to turn your money into more money instead of not replenishing it, eh? XD Vernon thinks he should get the bank loan, lol. Take the money and run away. -_-

Social Studies was next. The Social Studies teacher finally came, after weeks of absence due to sickness, lol. She goes through the Source-Based Questions on Africa, but I was actually reading my Chemistry SPA file and preparing myself for Chemistry SPA later. XD Looks like most of the class didn't care about Social Studies either, because forty minutes into the lesson, and the class is made out of entire silence, even the teacher, sitting down there and not doing anything. I initially wondered why, lol, but thought the better and just went back to Chemistry SPA. XD So we were just all sitting down there for twenty minutes, then the teacher went off. I don't even think she finished going through the four questions with us. o.O

Was E. Maths after that, in which the teacher used it for A. Maths. The teacher was teaching Vectors on a Cartesian Plane, but somehow I didn't want to pay attention, lol, instead opting to read the Chinese Teenager's Digest. I was re-reading the jokes section (that's the only section of the book I found good XD), and after a few moments, decided to read the rest of the book to kill boredom. Of course, I don't really have an interest in reading Chinese (I'm more of a Chinese speaker and English reader, if you get what I mean XD), so I was just flipping here and there, reading only articles that interest me.

A particular joke in the book was really funny, lol. I'll share it with you guys.

Some crazy teacher gives her entire class essays to write, which must be at least six hundred words (I'll freaking say that that is a daylight robbery). Some really smart guy wrote this, "My father brought me to the botanic garden last weekend. On the way, there were a lot of bugs, and they went, "Chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi chi..." Their sounds make me feel good." Yeah, he freaking wrote like 600 "chi"s, lol! XD The teacher comments, "Your trip to the botanic garden is interesting, but a student using the word 'chi' six hundred times is something I have not encountered so far in my teaching career, and I have been a teacher for twenty years." XD

So this time, the teacher learned her lesson, and gives another essay to the class, which also must be at least six hundred words, but the essay has to also include reflection. So the smart guy wrote, "My mother brought my cousin and I to the mountains yesterday. According to my science textbook, when one shouts at the mountains, echoes of the exact words can be heard. My cousin and I repetitively shouted to the mountains, "How are you doing?" And the mountains really echo, "How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? How are you doing? (he wrote the phrase a hundred and fifty times)" For the first time in my life, I experienced echoes up in the mountain, and knows that what the textbook said is really true! What an interesting day for me!" XD The teacher comments, "As your teacher, I am very glad that you have learned something new, but a student using the phrase 'How are you doing?' a hundred and fifty times is something I have not encountered so far in my teaching career, and I have been a teacher for twenty years." XD

OH MY GOD! *dodges out of the way* Damn, I almost got shampoo attacked. -.- For those of you who have no idea, it is a tactic my mother uses, putting shampoo on my hair, to ensure that I bath. -______- I bet people like Vernon would be rolling on the floor and laughing their asses off when they read this, lol. XD

And yeah, while reading other chapters of the Chinese Teenager's Digest, I encountered the word "俺", lol. It's the Japanese kanji word for "ore", a boastful and arrogant way of saying "I" for guys, lol. The word seems hard, but it actually isn't really that difficult to be honest, lol, as it is composed of the words "人", "大" and "电", which means "person", "big" and "electricity" respectively (at least according to their Chinese meanings XD), lol. Why does putting those words get "I" though, I have no idea. XD I think the word "俺" also means "I" in Chinese, heh, just that no one uses it in Chinese nowadays. The Japaneses obviously still use it though, just take the characters of their animes as examples. Luffy from One Piece, Ichigo from Bleach, Masaru from Digimon Savers, Harima from School Rumble, all main characters of their respective animes and all using "ore" to refer to themselves. XD I think only Light from Death Note uses "boku", lol, which is the humble version of "I", though still exclusively used by males.

Enough about "I", let's move on. XD

After 45 minutes of nothing to do but to read the book, the teacher finally gave us worksheets to do. -.- Can't she just give them earlier, so we don't end up wasting time, lol? -.- Needless to say, I started to rush through it. It is, after all, a better way to kill boredom than reading something I don't really like to read. XD Though why the teacher always insist of giving out worksheets near the end to waste our time, I have no freaking idea.

It was recess next. We went to the library, but it was crowded, so we ended up sitting at the bench near the entrance of the library. Ephraim was reading his Chemistry SPA file, while Vernon, Yoshida and I were talking cock and singing song, lol. On the way back to class, Ephraim started talking about cats again [he's crazy about cats, and neko (literally means cat in Japanese, I think it's used to refer to girls with cat's ears and tail for some lame, weird and fantasy-fantasy reason -.-) *rolls eyes*], and he started to mention Yoruichi. Yeah, she's a character from Bleach, I know, but it took me a while of thinking to understand what he's referring to. X( Yoruichi is able to transform into a black cat. X( That must have further fueled Ephraim's fantasy, oh my god. X(

Chinese period came next. Had a practice test on Listening Comprehension, since we are having our Chinese 'O' level Listening Comprehension examination next Monday, lol. I was multitasking - doing the A. Maths worksheet while listening to the passage and answering the questions. XD The recording had a sound effect that goes "ting!" like a triangle [you know, the musical instrument shaped like a triangle? (duh, obviously it is shaped like a triangle, lol. How the hell do you call it a 'triangle' if it has a square shape? X( )], and every time one of those sound effects plays, Yoshida takes his pen, taps Ephraim's chair loudly and shouts "ting!" clearly, trying to distract Ephraim. XD I joined in too later, haha. Also, the four of us were showing each other our answers to ensure we get them correct, despite the fact that we were not supposed to. XD Yoshida was better, he went, "Answer is C and B. Answer is C and B." XD

After that, we had nothing to do, so we went to bully Ephraim, rofl. Yoshida was poking him on his back, and I took over later, but from the angle that I am poking him, it seems as if it was Yoshida who did so, rofl, so he would always turn back after I poke him and go all, "Stop poking me!" And Yoshida would be like, "I didn't do it." in a lame and unconvincing voice, although he is telling the truth. XD Later, Yoshida took a step up on bullying Ephraim, and used the scissors on the table of the two girls in front of us, using it to threaten Ephraim. XD Ephraim was standing up, at one arm's length away from Yoshida, rofl. Ephraim kept backing off and backing off, until he stands next to the Chinese teacher. Our Chinese teacher is rather short, yes, but I made an amazing discovery, and I did not hesitate to shout it out loud. "Ephraim is even shorter than the teacher!!" The whole class heard it and stared at Ephraim, rofl. ^_^ He went to hide under the table, lol, remarking that everyone is staring at him. I told him that he can easily hide from everyone and no one would be able to see him, given his height. ^_^ Then Vernon asked me to check my Chinese Reading Log, which I did not do so when I got it back. The latest entry I wrote is an entry for writing about our classmates so the teacher can know us better, and the three of us (Vernon, Yoshida and I) all wrote how short Ephraim is. XD Vernon then asked me whether the Chinese teacher also wrote comments stating that perhaps Ephraim can one day grow even taller than us. There is, rofl! XD My laughter then was beyond words. ^_^

It was English next, and we had to go to the AVA room. Yoshida and Ephraim went into the toilet along the way, and I went in to wait for them. Ephraim was washing his face, looking sad, lol. I think it's probably because we went too far bullying him. :( So I was praising him, "Hey, the Chinese teacher thinks that you can one day grow even taller than us! Whoohoo!" But I think he took it sarcastically. ^_^"

Went to AVA room for English. Had to present a speech, which was written by my group (consisting of me, Yoshida and the two girls sitting in front of us, Angeline and Hiok Joo, by the way). -.-" The teacher got some system thingy in which we evaluate the results of the speaker, decide what grade to give to him or her, then press the corresponding button on a remote controller given to us, and the results would be shown as a bar graph on the computer, lol. She decided to do a test first, although she first explained that if our number blinks blue, it means that the computer has registered our answer. Blinks green, and it means we pressed an extra time. Blinks yellow, and it means we pressed it two times. Blinks red, it means the guy is pressing the damned thing too many freaking time, in which the teacher threatens to confiscate the remote controller if that were to happen. XD

Vernon, Yoshida and I received the remote controller shortly afterwards, and we were reminded of the Wii remote controller. XD I took it and flung it around as if playing some tennis game on Wii (I saw a video of a Japanese girl playing tennis on Wii, lol, so I know how to fling it around XD), while Yoshida took his and flung it around like a sword, as if playing some action swordplay game. Vernon instead uses it like a wand in Harry Potter, pointing it at us and shouting, "Avada Kedavra!" XD

So yeah, she did a test, in which we press in random buttons to check how it works. The guys sitting on the right side were all like, "Let's make it blink red.", and overhearing it, I decided that it seems fun and went to try it. XD They didn't actually did it until red of course, only I did, pressing it rapidly five times per second, rofl. XD After a while, the teacher got fed up and went, "Who is number 29?! You come and sit in front here!!" XD But I didn't do so, since she didn't insist on it. :P Damn, it was fun. XD

I went second to present my speech. Damn, I was nervous, rofl. Wasn't help by the teacher, asking me stupid questions in which the answer is already written inside my speech. -__- Took me a while to answer her stupid questions, and that did not help my confidence one bit. -.- Oh well, it's all over already anyway, no point crying over split milk. XD Vernon was using the camera in his handphone to take a video recording of Sze Ling as she presents her speech. XD Of course, during the recording, Yoshida, Yuhaimi and I were disturbing him, occasionally blocking the camera with stuff like our remote controllers for a while. :P Wonder what Vernon is going to do with the video, lol. Maybe he's watching it now and admiring her? XD XD

Last to present his speech for the day is Alvin. The back of his uniform still shows a black vertical line and a red horizontal line, the mark of "ASTC", roflmao. For those of you clueless ones, I'll recount. The maths teacher was teaching us trigonometry, and states that the Sine, Cosine and Tangent of any angle between 0° and 90° is positive, while only the Sine of an angle between 90° and 180° is positive. Likewise, only the Cosine of an angle between 180° and 270° would be positive, and the Tangent of an angle between 270° and 360° would be positive. To help us remember that, she drew something like this on the whiteboard:



And to help us remember it, she asks us to think of a possible phrase in which "ASTC" stands for it. After a while, I came up with "Alvin Seah Talks Cock". ^_^ Alvin's surname is Seah, yeah, and he likes to talk cock during class, rofl. The phrase spread quickly like wildfire across the class, and soon, we all use the phrase to remember how to check whether the Sine, Cosine and Tangent of an angle would be positive or negative. XD

A few days later, Alvin got bullied, lol, not like it's unusual, the fat guy (like some short guy in our class ) always get bullied. XD Someone, using a red highlighter, drew a horizontal line on the back of his uniform, for some reason. I decided to add a vertical line using my black marker, making it ASTC, as the sign of two crossing lines, after all, is "his trademark sign". XD And yeah, I did that, and he went to complain to the teacher. ^_^

To think the sign is still on the back of that particular uniform. XD I think it's like a year after that event, rofl.

Back to the present, Alvin was the last to present his speech for the day. His speech was a funeral speech for Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed himself and his family, lol. I couldn't hear a single shit of what he is saying, while Vernon and Yoshida sitting beside me, looked at me, their fingers on the A button of the remote controller, which is the lowest grade we can ever give him. XD I think those two are giving A more for personal reasons, rofl. Anyway, I nodded, and got my finger on A, too. ^_^ The results were soon tabulated, and a bar graph of the results shown. The three of us laughed out loud. Only three people had voted A. XD

It was Chemistry SPA next, zzz. Had to plan an experiment on the effect of manganese (IV) oxide on the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide. I screwed up initially, lol. Thought that hydrogen peroxide was a solid. -.- Yoshida screwed up too, lol, he somehow added the process of heating into it. XD Oh well, who cares, it's just a practice anyway. XD Despite the fact that the teacher insist that we do not refer to our files or discuss among it, we still do so, for some reason, lol. Not like the teacher really enforced that fact. So yeah, I was sneakily referring to my file along the way. XD Then, the teacher had to leave the lab for a while for some reason, saying the word "Integrity" before she left. I repeated her words, "Yeah, sure, integrity.", took my Chemistry SPA file, raised it up high so everyone can see it, and openly refer to it. XD XD After all, integrity is the quality of being honest and strong about what you believe to be right. I am honest, I let everyone know that I was referring to my file and not being sneaky about it. I was strong about what I believe was right, I believe that referring to the file during a practice SPA is right. Roflmao. XD

As usual, I finished it much earlier than the rest, and I wasted the remaining time reading the Chemistry SPA file (for like the third time today by the way) to kill boredom, lol. After a while, finally, the teacher allows us to hand it our work, and I did so, and in turn, received the test paper I missed last week and had been using excuses to evade the past few days. XD My expectations of myself in Chemistry are low, my time is more important, my Chemistry results are less important. These three factors caused me to just rush through the paper blindly. ^_^ Of course, I didn't spend much time thinking in-dept into the questions. My time was spent on thinking up of a bullshit answer which at least would sound appropriate. XD XD Yoshida came a while later, and told me why metals could not be electrolyzed, which is the answer to the question I was currently doing. XD Thanks, bub! XD Then, he left with Ephraim and Vernon, and after another while, Jovian came instead. He read my bullshit answer and kindly told me it's wrong, but I told him that it is alright, lol, since I don't give a shit anyway. Read the last third question aloud, didn't know how to do it, so I muttered, "Who knows?", and flipped to the last page, where there are only two questions. Read the last second question aloud too, didn't know how to do it too, and again muttered, "Who knows?", and skipped to the last question. I read the last question aloud, and knew a bullshit answer to fill in the blank, but Jovian went and helped me say "Who knows?", despite the fact that I did not need that phrase for the last question. Rofl. XD I finally finished it and handed it up in 20 minutes [the time given was an hour, by the way, be amazed by how much TIME I have saved!! (TIME! NOTICE THAT! YOU SHOULD NOTICE THAT! NOTICE THAT! THERE'S NO OTHER!! Rofl, I happen to be listening to Ichirin no Hana now, the third opening of Bleach. XD)], and went off, lol. ^_^

Okay, end of blog post for today! :D

No comments: