Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Computer is Back! :D

My computer is back, yay. The computer repairman arrived at 8pm, much later than I was expecting, so I thought maybe he wasn't able to make it. XD Looks like the problem is a complicated one. The problem seems to be with the network card, so he got a new one in. Then somehow the computer wasn't able to transmit information to the monitor, so he changed the power adapter of the CPU as well. Then it seems as if the modem could not reach the telephone lines, so we took my old Ethernet modem and found the same problem. So we suspect that it is the phone line, and so we took the modem, the telephone line and the modem's power adapter to the wall socket for the telephone line (I'm using a loooooooooooong telephone line to hook my modem in my room up with the nearest wall socket, in the master bedroom like eight metres away XD), and found out, after a long time, that nothing is wrong at close range. So we conclude that it is the loooooooooong telephone line that has the problem, so yeah, I'll be going out to buy another loooooooong telephone line tomorrow and connect it up, hoping it would solve the problem. If it doesn't, I'll have to call the computer repairman then, lol.

And yeah, my computer got formatted. Before the formatting, the only hard disk in my CPU, the C: drive (which has about 75GB in space), got split up into a C: drive and a D: drive somehow, lol, each with about 35GB in space. [How did he split the drive up into two anyway, lol? Reminds me of the Zanpakutou (Soul Slayer, the preferred weapons of Death Gods in Bleach) I made up for myself, lol...) My documents, files and pictures were stored in D: drive and it is C: that got format.

So now, I can't watch my animes due to lack of codecs in Windows Media Player [I'm freaking downloading VLC Media Player immediately after I get secured Internet access (I have Internet access now, but it tends to break after about five minutes and would only reconnect again when the moon is blue), Windows Media Player just does not go together with watching anime], and I can't play Warcraft III. Speaking of that... GOD DAMN IT, YOU NEED THE REIGN OF CHAOS DISC TO INSTALL WARCRAFT III! Yeah, I'm sort of angry over that. My Reign of Chaos disc, sigh, got thrown away by my mother together with all of the discs in my "inventory". My Frozen Throne avoided that by hiding in my DVD-drive, rofl, but still, what's the point of it now that the game isn't installed in my computer? 1. I need to install Reign of Chaos before I can install Frozen Throne, and to do that I need the Reign of Chaos disc. 2. Even if I can somehow get a Reign of Chaos disc (presumably by borrowing it from someone, if I can ever find one? o.O), I can't install Frozen Throne anyway because the CD-key was thrown out together with my whole inventory of discs... Yeah, I'm actually crying now (not literally of course), rofl. I spent fifty dollars on Warcraft, let it be one of my favorite games, and then got dealt such a harsh fate of being unable to play it even with the CD. If that bitch wasn't my mother, I would have already sent her to a hospital...

Haha, no choice, I'll get used to it... somehow. I got sort of bored with the campaigns anyway, and if I want to play a game of custom game or two, I'd just pop in at any LAN shop. It's much cheaper than buying the entire set again (I think I need to re-buy Frozen Throne as well. Lost CD-key, remember?). Sigh...

On another subject, I think I'm not getting enough sleep nowadays... I felt so sleepy in the afternoon, lol, so I went to take a nap, but damn, my parents had such a loud chat with my neighbour, so not only can I not fall asleep, I end up with a bad headache too... Sigh... X(

Right, on to school life.

First period was Geography. Zzz... The teacher wants us to do some stupid questions on mapwork. Zzz... Of course, I wasn't too delighted at the thought of that (come on, mapwork is just too stupid, too boring and too impractical. Tell me why a normal person needs to know the gradient of a mountain or the distance or a river -.-) so I thought I'd go ahead and be defiant (hey, it's my dream since childhood to be a defiant man who does whatever delights him ) and do A. Maths preliminary paper... XD After ten minutes, the teacher got bored of just sitting down at the teacher's table like a good girl and instead comes walking around. Zzz... She made quite a big fuss when she saw me doing maths, rofl. I still remember shouting, "Busted!" then. XD Ah well. And the teacher still had to go ahead and give me some crap... What "What's the point of getting distinction for maths if you don't do well for geography...?" Lol, zzz. It sounds so freaking stupid if you ask me. Oh well, whatever.

More Sourced-Based Questions for us to do during Social Studies next lesson. Four of those questions to be exact, and one hour to finish them. Man, our Social Studies teacher is making me think that it is extremely easy to be a Humanities teacher. Just walk into the class, give out SBQs, sit down at the teacher's table for one hour, daydream, build sandcastles (I'm naming the first one I built Camelot XD) up in the air, collect the papers after that one hour, and leave. XD Oh well. I finished those four questions in forty minutes and spent the rest of the twenty minutes during maths, as usual. XD

It was E. Maths next. She gave us some supposed test. It was easy like shit. Well, we aren't supposed to be using calculators, but I decided to use one and check my answer after I'm done with my paper, so I was punching numbers into my calculator, and then Yoshida signaled to me that the teacher has seen me and is coming (not like I care, lol, I don't consider this "cheating" XD). Yeah, I didn't make any changes after I started checking my answer with the calculator, so I'll give you a punch if you say I'm cheating. :P I got 15 out of 15, lol, with ease. :P Yoshida only got 13 out of 15, lol, careless mistake, he messed up with the number of zeros in one question.

The maths teacher's insane, lol. I'm not even done with the A. Maths preliminary paper she gave few days ago (hey, I put a lot of effort into doing that paper! That effort was so intensively great it made the Geography teacher angry just two hours ago! XD), and she gives us the E. Maths one. XD How are we supposed to cope with the papers that's coming down upon us like waves? XD Another wave comes and start before even one wave ends! :O Ah well. I somehow felt insecure doing the E. Maths paper without the answer sheet, lol. It's like, I don't know whether my answer to part (a) is correct or not, and if it is wrong, then I will definitely get parts (b), (c) and (d) wrong, so I'm afraid to continuing, since I would ultimately be wasting my freaking time if I get part (a) wrong. I don't know how this develops in me, lol, but my reliance in the answer sheet is a pain in the ass to me. I can't be feeling this shit too when I take my Maths exams! I mustn't! Damn, I must try and shake off this reliance, lol.

Went to the library during recess as usual, three of us with our Chemistry SPA files to revise for the coming Chemistry SPA exam later [only Vernon didn't bring his, and well, he's pro (I am praying that Vernon does not read this, and if he does, then Vernon, please do not let this inflate your ego or whatever they call it :P) enough in Chemistry without needing to revise XD]. Went to the section of the library we always go to when we are there (which is at the end, the furthest away from the entrance, lol), but the two tables were joined into one, all of the chairs (about twelve or thirteen) gathered around the two tables and not a single chair was unoccupied. Yeah, so there were no place left for us to sit at that section, lol. Yoshida's first reaction, humorously, when he saw that scene was, "Wah! Knights of the Round Table!" XD I corrected him though, those two tables together don't form a circle, it forms a square! They should be the Knights of the Square Table! XD

Chinese was next. The teacher, for some weird reason, is using a scissors to try and keep us from making too much noise. Yeah, she's just cutting air with the scissors, and threatening to cut our mouths if we talk. o.O I don't know, but is the teacher under the illusion of teaching three-year-old kids? Um, hello, reality check here, the students that she is teaching have ages of fifteen and sixteen? o.O I don't know, but while that tactic would simply and easily shut up some three-year-old kid, it wouldn't be fucking working against us. XD I even took out my scissors when the teacher has her back to us and cut air behind her, saying softly so that only my friends can hear, "Think you the only one who can cut air with scissors?" XD

Nothing to do during Chinese, lol. Wanted to do those maths prelims papers, but I thought the coming Chemistry SPA exam would be more important. The teacher said something about reading on the chapter "Speed of Reaction" in our textbook, but the problem is that I haven't been bringing my Chemistry textbook to school since three months ago, rofl (I don't need it during Chemistry lesson, remember? XD), so I need to get one. Went looking around for a Chemistry textbook to borrow before the lesson, and I went to Yoshida, who is sitting at Ephraim's place then. I decided to ask him, and he took Ephraim's Chemistry textbook from under his table and gave it to me, not bothering to inform Ephraim. Nice, I didn't have any complains. XD

Yeah, so I was reading it, and then Ephraim was like, "Where did my textbook go?" XD So yeah, he looked around, saw me reading one, and took it, checking whose textbook it is. Busted. :P But yeah, I continued reading his textbook [thankfully Yoshida came up with something to say to "convince (more like threaten though :P) him, although what he said, I forgot... X(], so he ended up needing a textbook to read in revision for the exam. :P He found one under Sze Ling's table, lol, and went to take it without permission. After reading it, he even went to take her Chemistry SPA file to read. Sigh... Such rude invasion of privacy. And after he's done, he went to read Angeline's. Sigh... Is it really okay to invade the privacy of ladies?

I got bored of reading Chemistry after forty minutes, and instead went to do E. Maths. :P Vernon was begging Yoshida for a website in which he can download animes from a server, lol (he's complaining that downloading using peer-to-peer methods, specifically uTorrent, was too slow because lack of seeds). Man, that kind of website must be extremely difficult to find. If it is easy to find, those fucked-up anime licenses holders would go haywire and send a lawyer's letter to the website administrators regarding copyright crap and shit, and the website gets taken down and goes boom. If the website is difficult to find, well, Vernon would be begging to get it from Yoshida. XD Yoshida, though, for some weird reason, refuses to tell Vernon, heh. I still prefer downloading anime using uTorrent, lol. Best quality around, decent speed (as long as you don't watch anime that only you and some other freaking nerd in some freaking place on earth watch it), yeah.

Man, I just realize how great it is to sit at the most left and most back of the classroom, in which there is a cupboard of stuff my classmates throw there behind me. Two dictionaries there help me while doing my English Reading Log (I still find its new name, Imprints, weird, lol), and just after E. Maths, I needed a graph paper to do the Transformation worksheet. Went around the class, no one has any graph paper. So, with nothing to do, I searched the cupboard, and oh my god, someone left graph paper there! Bless him, thank his father, I just hope he or she don't mind me taking one. :P

The English teacher was late for twenty minutes, lol. When she finally came, the rest of the class (which didn't do so last time) had to present their speeches, lol. Dao Hsen's making a speech as the Ministry of Manpower, rofl, and his speech is regarding the fact that many Singaporeans are unemployed due to the fact that many foreigners are employed, taking up the space in the workforce. Yeah, my first impression was, "If this guy really becomes Ministry of Manpower, I'm emigrating/immigrating (whichever one is whichever one, lol)." XD His speech? "Expel the useless (referring to the foreigners) back to their own countries (to free up space for locals)". Imagine the real Ministry of Manpower saying that. Hang on, I'll get my Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince so I can quote.

"They'll be murdered in their beds!"
- Molly Weasley


And there's a girl (...regretfully I can't remember her name... X( Let me check... Yeah, Ling Ling) making a speech as the "king of forest" to the animals in the forest regarding the fact that humans are going with deforestation (regretfully, I'm a woodcutter in RuneScape. Woodcutting level 97, and aiming for 99! :P), and so the purpose of the speech is to persuade the animals to evacuate (damn, I can't believe I was almost going to write "evaluate" XD) the forest. Yoshida is like, "Why evacuate (double damn, I almost wrote "evaluate" here too XD)? Stay to fight the humans! Defend your rightful forest from the filthy intruders!" I laughed out loud at that thought, lol, it just reminds me so much of the Battle of Hogwarts in Harry Potter (this is the second time I mispelled this word as "Pottwe" -.-) and the Deathly Hallows, lol. Evaluate the kids under seventeen, and those seventeen and above stay and fight, defend Hogwarts from intruding Death Eaters. XD

And yeah, she was wearing some "crown" as she was making the speech. Lol, king of the forest... So Yoshida saw it and go, "Crown! King! King Arthur!" I don't know how he thinks of King Arthur when he sees a crown, lol. Well, the crown was made of paper, so my thought, as a(n addicted) RuneScape player, was, "A Yellow Party Hat! Oh my God, I'll buy it for 165M!" XD (By the way, that's the price of Yellow Party Hats in RuneScape AS OF TIME OF WRITING. Price can, and will, change) Somehow Yoshida got the meaning, lol, and immediately replied, "Haha, RuneScape. Take the Party Hat and sell it." I didn't know Yoshida played RuneScape, lol, and thus was expecting him to not get the meaning of what I said. XD Surprisingly he did, lol.

There was another speech, Afiqah's. She's going for President of the Student Councilor, and so her speech is to convince us to believe that she's the best candidate available and to vote for her, you know, elections and politics, blah blah. So yeah, she starts all of her sentences with "I" ("I can..." "I should..." "I will..." You get the picture), stressing the "I". So the teacher thinks she's so-called proud and overconfidence and stuff, and something about her confidence being able to attract people to vote for her. Yoshida goes, "Ore-sama.", which is a rude but very arrogant way of saying I in Japanese. XD

Ore (俺): A boastful and proud way of saying I, used by males
-sama (様): An honorific ending for names that indicates extreme reverence.

I still prefer Larry's speech when he was going for President of Student Councilor (the real one, not some stupid speech we make in class for fun and for the English teacher's leisure XD). "I'm not asking you to vote for me, but please, make the right choice." And so everyone "made the right choice" and voted for Sean instead, so he became President instead. XD Funny how I still remember that, lol. Surprisingly, Afiqah's speech wasn't as "I'm not asking you to vote for me, but please, make the right choice." (XD), seeing that Larry is in her group and thus no doubt helped in the writing of that speech...

Yuhaimi's speech bores me. His speech is on global warming, and his speech consists of copied text (from whether the Chemistry textbook or the Geography textbook, I didn't know. Both of those subjects taught about global warming somewhere), and is thus plain boring. Vernon complains to me after the lesson, "I read of it in the Chemistry textbook, I read of it in the Geography textbook, and now I have to listen to it AGAIN. *rolls eyes*" XD Yeah, I got bored of Yuhaimi's speech while he is making it, so he is the only one whose speech did not have my fullest attention. XD I was drawing Zangetsu again, lol, remarking to Yoshida that "I should learn to draw another Zanpakutou. I'm sick of drawing Zangetsu again and again (well, it's the only Zanpakutou I can draw XD). Maybe I should learn how to draw Zabimaru." XD

After one of the speeches, the teacher was saying what she feel about the speech, blah blah, and then believes that the speech deserves Band 4 (in other words, the best grade there is, lol), asking if anyone disagree. Faizal, being lame, disagrees, because "Band 4 doesn't sound nice" (Band 4, although is the best grade here, is the worst grade in Oral, lol). So the teacher changes it to "Level 4" instead. XD After the next speech, the teacher did the same thing, asking if anyone disagree with her giving "Level 4" to that speech. So playfully, I told Yoshida, "Level 4 doesn't sound nice.", and he chuckled, but unfortunately, the teacher heard me and thought I was disagreeing. XD So she was like, "What did you say?" I replied, "Nothing." She couldn't hear it. "Nothing." She has a hearing problem. "Nothing!" Thankfully Yoshida helped me tell the teacher, "He has nothing to say." Lol.

I don't really remember the other speeches. Oops.

Chemistry SPA next. As Sean was packing his bag, he remarks that it is a "major exam". Yoshida and I overheard him, so we went to the toilet, and Yoshida goes, "I don't like major, I like general. So we shall call this 'general exam'." I went, "Nah, I prefer commando. 'Commando exam'." Vernon comes in and suggest "'Sergeant exam'." XD Rofl, all of those stupid ranks in the army.

I sat beside Fym during the exam, haha. I can still remember that during the exam, I need another piece of paper, so I raised my hand and waited in silence, staring at the teacher, standing at the teacher's bench with her eyes down and looking at something on the table. After waiting for a while (I don't really mind, lol, fixing the modem has taught me patience XD), Fym softly suggested me to call out to the teacher instead. I was touched, haha, especially since this was an examination, and if she got caught saying anything to me, it would be deemed as cheating, regardless of what she said... So, yeah, thanks, Fym. :P

I definitely screwed up the exam though. According to Vernon, who told me after the exam, carbon dioxide is a heavy gas, so collecting it in a gas syringe (as what I wrote in the exam) is a major screw-up. Sigh. Well, I don't know, but Wei Sheng's words when I spoke to him during recess while walking from the classroom to the canteen sort of made me feel better, lol. Remember that Yoshida, Ephraim and I were carrying Chemistry SPA files, hoping to read it and revise during recess? I saw Wei Sheng's empty hands and asked him why he didn't bring his Chemistry SPA. He told me he gave up on Chemistry, which to be honest, I wouldn't blame him, as his Chemistry results has been, truthfully, horrible. The fact that he gave up on Chemistry, well, reminds me of myself. Didn't I give up on my Chemistry too? Weren't I using every single Chemistry lesson to the full extent? XD [well, in a way, rofl. I used it to the fullest, but just not regarding Chemistry. In other words, I spent those hours wisely, doing stuff not related to Chemistry, like maths XD In other words other than other words (o.O), I'm implying that I am not using Chemistry lessons for Chemistry XD] Aren't I already aware that I have no idea what is going on in the latest chapters of Chemistry, and that I have no freaking idea what is what? Didn't I already know that I would definitely fail any Chemistry test in the future? (since I know NOTHING about the chapters. Yes, COMPLETELY NOTHING) Didn't I already know that I would also definitely fail my Chemistry exam? Why did I still care about SPA?

Yeah, my situation regarding Chemistry seems to be completely the same as Wei Sheng, lol. Both of us are failures and goners, but well, at least we found our problem early, and thus used those hours of Chemistry for better use. XD

So yeah, that kind of made me feel better, lol. Why would I care about screwing up this exam (which I already knew I did, by the way) when I am giving up? Damn, I gotta thank Wei Sheng, lol. Maybe it's something pathetic, being so terrible in Chemistry that he is giving it up, but that made me feel the opposite, lol. Well, sort of. It's hard to say, haha.

So yeah. It's 12.39AM now. I'm one hour and thirty-nine minutes past my bedtime. XD Good night!

By the way, I was trying to download Mozilla Firefox. Take note of the transfer rate.

No comments: