Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter movie with Hong Wei

My Internet speed is so pathetic, I don't feel like doing anything online, whether it's blogging (I still have to blog offline though XD), computer gaming, or chatting with friends. My AVG Anti-Virus is downloading an update here. The average speed started at 2.5kb/s, and now it's 168b/s. That's a really fascinating speed, isn't it? God damn it. -.-

I'm going to finally catch the movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, with Hong Wei later, lol. I hope that guy can get dismissed from school early. Don't want to rush in the last minute. -.- Maybe I can go to Tampines Mall early, buy Bleach volume 28, find one place to sit down and read it while waiting for him, lol.

Okay, onto school life.

First period was A. Maths. Teacher continued to teach Relative Velocity. The speed at which she teaches is extremely pathetic. I'm glad she gave out a Maths worksheet yesterday, so I used it to kill time. XD

Second period was Chemistry. Teacher went through the Electrolysis test. I got 9/50, rofl. The only one I could find within my range is Wei Sheng of 5, haha. Yoshida got 29, Ephraim got 34, even Cheng Liang, who sleeps all day during Chemistry (that is one thing about him that I admire... I can't even manage to sleep XD), got 26, lol. X( As usual, the lesson is boring. I took my Social Studies homework there to do it, but I finished it in half an hour, so I had to tolerate half an hour of boringness. Zzz... It started raining heavily suddenly, and I can see students outside running towards the school as fast as they could. Rofl, imagine it raining so heavily while you are running your 2.4km... XD Some are even running with an umbrella. Rofl... Cheng Liang is sleeping again. The teacher woke him up, and that's when we noticed the earphones plugged into his ears. Rofl, he's listening to music during Chemistry!

Teacher gave four Source-Based Questions for us to do during Social Studies. I finished it in forty minutes and killed twenty minutes' worth of time doing questions in the A. Maths textbook. XD

Next was Recess. Interestingly, we found a whiteboard next to the table we always sit in, and there were three of those magnetic bookmarks on the whiteboard, so we invented a game to throw the bookmark at the whiteboard. If our accuracy is good, the magnetic side of the bookmark will go into contact with the whiteboard and stick onto it, while if the other side hits, or if we outright misses, the bookmark drops onto the floor. That was fun, lol. The four of us had fun taking turns throwing it. Yoshida even described it as throwing 'shurikens'. XD

Chinese lesson is boring, nothing to do... Since the exams are all over, no point for the Chinese teacher to teach anything anyway, right? Yoshida went to the toilet halfway during the lesson, and while he's away, Ephraim and I had some fun. XD First, we took Yoshida's water bottle. Since I was thirsty, we playfully transferred half of the water in Yoshida's bottle to mine, and I drank it all. XD Then, Ephraim took his water bottle, and it looked as if he spat into it! I wasn't sure if he really did that or whether he just playfully pretended to, though. He kept denying it when I asked if he really spat into it... Next, Ephraim went to check Yoshida's bag. He unzipped the zip for the sheet of plastic that comes with the bag, connected to it by a strap and meant to keep the bag from getting wet during rainy days. I, knowing that it is difficult to put the plastic bag in, took it all out and attempted to hide it in his bag's main compartment, where he put all of his books. :P I then went to zip it up, to not make it so obvious, but Yoshida came back when I only zipped it halfway.

So, Yoshida took a look at his bag, and seemed to believe that it is entirely Ephraim's fault! Well, can't blame him for thinking that way. Particle E has been messing with Yoshida's stuff for such a long time, lol. So yeah, Yoshida started to "assault" Ephraim, who grabbed Yoshida's hands in self-defense. I told them that they looked more like they are holding hands than fighting. They immediately stopped. XD Then, trying to suppress my laughter, I told Yoshida that Ephraim spat into his water bottles. XD Ephraim's pleas of innocence is ignored, and Yoshida took his water bottle and squirt water at his crotch area, so it now looked as if he wet his pants. We laughed out loud, rofl, but it seems as if we overdid it, as Ephraim put his head on the table seemingly in depression without any words. I'll attach a picture...



And due to extreme boredom, I took a photo of Yoshida's hands, in negative effect. XD



Next was Physics, in which the teacher goes through some worksheet given to us yesterday after I left school for the hospital. Vernon was doing the E. Maths worksheet that I finished yesterday, rofl. Remember, the one in which Yoshida smacked my head with? Yup, that one, lol. Yoshida found a golden ribbon in the drawer of his desk, and the two of us had some fun with it, rofl. We pulled it and pulled it until it forms a fine thread, and connect it between the table at the last row (the table which we are sitting in), and to the table at the most end (the one sticking onto the wall). Yoshida even hang some metal clip thingy onto it! Here's a picture...



Geography was boring. Teacher was going through Ten-Years-Series. I was doing A. Maths questions.

End of school, yay. And yeah, I suppose I would post a picture of how my school backyard now looks like... This photo, by the way, was taken a few days ago. They now covered up the pipes with soil, though it's still unsightly and ugly.



Alright, I gotta go now. Got a movie to catch!

Alright, I'm back. Movie was not bad, lol. I'll blog about it.

Hong Wei, for some reason, wanted us to meet, of all places, at the entrance of the library. I have no reason why, but whatever, I went there, lol. Seeing that he's not around, I went to the toilet first. And that was where I found him! Of all places to meet, we met at the toilet, rofl. XD

We walked towards Tampines Mall, and since it is only 4.10pm when we reached there (the movie starts at 5pm), we went to Popular first. Checked the comics section. Pokémon Adventures Volume 25 isn't out yet, neither is One Piece volume 46. D: Hong Wei then went to check out the assessment books, wanting to buy an English one. Rofl, I wouldn't even pay a single cent to buy assessment books. XD So yeah, we spent some time at that particular section. Hong Wei was looking for a good assessment book that could help him for his English 'O' level, while I was flipping through the Ten-Years-Series. I found an English Ten-Years-Series WITH SOLUTIONS! That's right, solutions! Even composition questions have answers! I went to look at what is written for the question I did yesterday, the one on whether both parents should go to work when their children are very young. That composition was so freaking nicely-written, it made my work looks like one of a three-year-old kid's. D: Damn, if only I can buy that book, I can copy the compositions whenever the English teacher gives us composition to do!! XD Hong Wei finally decided which English assessment book to buy, while I went to take Bleach volume 28, wanting to buy it. Since I paid for the movie tickets, Hong Wei treated me to the manga, lol. Thanks, pal! XD

We then went upstairs to the cinema. I bought a box of popcorn and a large cup of coca-cola. NINE BUCKS!! Oh my god, that's a freaking outrageous scam! X( No choice, lol. Hong Wei bought a hot dog and a large cup of sprite for six dollars and fifty cents, lol. Then we went in and watched the movie. Only about twenty percent of the seats were filled, lol. Definitely much much smaller than what I was initially expecting.

Nothing to do before the movie started, lol, so I got my camera out. Since it was dark, I had to use flash, and we can't see the mirror at the back of my handphone (it's dark, remember?), so the picture has a weird positioning, and Hong Wei's closing his eyes due to the brightness of the flash. XD



The movie is alright, I guess. So-so. Too many plot lines were either cut off or shortened so fast no one has any idea what is going on. It's like, three minutes into the movie, and Harry and Dudley were attacked by those freaking Dementors, and then suddenly, the letter to expel Harry comes. I think everyone is like, "What the f---?" The movie just does not go slow enough for the viewers to comprehend just what the heck is going on, lol. If you didn't read the book beforehand, you will definitely be freaking confused.

At Harry's hearing, when Fudge asked those who thinks that Harry should be guilty, I raised my hand for fun, rofl. Don't worry, I sat at the last row, so I didn't bother anyone with that act. :P And at the Welcoming Feast, when Umbridge interrupted Dumbledore and said, "Well, it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say! And to see such happy little faces looking up at me!" I figured that us, as the audience watching the movie, is also looking up at Umbridge, so I can't resist but saying, "Do we look like we are happy to you?" XD

Cho Chang betrayed the DA, lol. D: Then turns out it was because Umbridge made her drink Veritaserum. -.- During the scene when Umbridge told Trelawney to help her make a prediction, I whispered to Hong Wei, "A prediction, huh? That's easy, I can make one for her. She's gonna get owned by centaurs." And she really did get owned by centaurs! Damn, I think I can get an O for Divination if I take the subject. XD And I like the part where Umbridge got carried away by the centaurs. Umbridge ordered Harry to tell the centaurs some shit (something like that Umbridge doesn't mean any harm, or some other shit. Her voice was faint, didn't hear it enough to remember it), and Harry said, "Sorry, professor, but..." Then I remembered Vernon and Yoshida's discussion of the movie a few days ago, and I repeated what Vernon told me, "I must not tell lies." Then Harry says, "I must not tell lies." XD

The fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort was downright lame. A thread connects both of their wands, and they stand there, facing each other, holding onto their vibrating wands tightly, circling and circling. You call that a duel? -.- The book gave me more of the impression about the fight that it was something like how Ishida Uryuu fights as a Quincy in Bleach. Ishida fights by shooting arrows at his target as much as time allows, then when an attack approaches him, he dodges at high speed using Hirenkyaku (Flying Screen/God Step, you know, the Quincy technique of the Shinigami Shunpo or the Arrancar Sonido), and repeats. I was thinking the same thing of Dumbledore and Voldemort's fight. One shoots a spell, the other dodges. Then the other shoots a spell, and the first one dodges. But no. Instead they just have to connect to each other with a thread and stands there vibrating. Wow, how exciting. *rolls eyes*

And oh, how thoughtful and considerate of Fred and George, to start those freaking fireworks during the Charms OWL and screwing everyone up. I'd be surprised if the movie-counterpart of Harry can still manage to get an E for Charms after all that shit. *rolls eyes*

We then went down to McDonald's to eat. He wanted to go home and eat, while I wanted the opposite, lol, so he ended up accompanying me to eat. I bought a McNugget set, upsized, while I got a large packet of fries for Hong Wei. Then I realized I forgot to get him a drink, and I screwed up and got a large cup of coca-cola instead. X( So he took the one that comes with my McNugget set (the medium one, which I thought was large), and me the large one. XD We had leftover fries, rofl, so we got a plastic bag and took it away with us. XD

We went to the arcade in Century Square, but blast it, Hong Wei was wearing his school long pants, and thus disallowed to go in. X( What the heck, lol. It was like 8pm. What's the point of banning students wearing parts of their school uniforms? And here I was, so looking forward to playing House of the Dead IV with Hong Wei. -.-

We went to Comic Connections and looked a while, then we went down to Best Denki and played the Xbox 360 there. A bunch of games are only for watching videos, bleh. Then, Hong Wei, realizing that his hair is long, stopped at a haircut. I read Bleach volume 28 while waiting for him to get his hair cut, lol. Then we walked around, into Best Denki, then out, and sat outside Tampines Mall. He bought Takoyaki (fried octopus balls, tako means octopus in Japanese, and yaki means fried. Thanks to One Piece for teaching me those terms! XD "Gomu Gomu no Tako!" "Yaki Oni Giri!" XD), and started eating it, while I ate the fries, lol. Then, nothing to do, I took another photo. XD



Lol, he was more focus on eating than on taking a photo. XD So, we took another one, and this one turns out much better. :D



We then walked towards the bus interchange, and finally went our separate ways home.

Okay, end of blog entry for this day. Gotta turn in to bed. There's still stupid Racial Harmony tomorrow. Zzz...

No comments: