Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Wow, the last book of the Harry Potter series was already on my sofa the moment I woke up. Gotta thank those postmen for delivering it so quickly, haha. I'm rather surprised at myself, I finished reading 607 pages in one day. XD Started at about 8.30am, finished in 9.30pm, haha.

It's sad that so many people died... Mad-Eye Moody died while trying to send Harry safely to The Burrow; Scrimgeour, who, despite being initially disliked by Harry, died protecting him from Voldemort; Wormtail and Dobby, both who helped Harry escape out of the Malfoy Manor; Fred, Lupin and Tonks died in the Battle of Hogwarts; Snape, who turns out he was actually loyal to Dumbledore, got killed by Voldemort for some stupid pointless reason...

The plot was sort of predicted already, lol. Everyone knows that R.A.B. is Sirius' brother, Regulus, and turns out he really is. Everyone knows that Harry's scar is one of Voldemort's Horcrux, and turns out it really is, too.

I'm glad the Gryffindor's sword turns out, alright (hey, I prefer swords to wands), but c'mon, don't just use it as a Horcrux-destroying weapon, start using it against Death Eaters! X(

Lol, Dumbledore guessed wrong, Voldemort ended up with seven Horcruxes than six as he thought. Oh well, no choice, Voldemort made the seventh Horcrux unintentionally anyway. Oh well, at least Voldemort managed to get Horcruxes belonging to all four founders of Hogwarts. His diary and snake shows that he is the heir of Slytherin, Slytherin's ring and locket, Hufflepuff's cup, Ravenclaw's diadem, and Harry, who belong in Gryffindor house anyway. XD

Plus, it's impressive how even the good guys can now be casting Unforgiveable Curses without batting an eyelid.

I gotta admit, my favorite quote comes from Molly Weasley, after Bellatrix Lestrange shot a Killing Curse at Ginny: "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" XD

Harry has absolutely no creativity in naming his children with Ginny too, lol. He calls his eldest son James Potter (in which he calls his father James Potter too, I may add), he calls his second son Albus Severus Potter, and he calls his daughter Lily Potter (in which he calls his mother Lily Potter too, I may add). *rolls eyes*

And yeah, can you actually believe that there are idiots queuing up at bookstores since last night trying to get the book when it already is on my sofa the moment I woke up and is able to start reading? XD Can't believe that there would even be people crying just because they just managed to buy a book, lol. *rolls eyes*

No comments: