Monday, April 21, 2008

勝つ…必ず!

勝つ…必ず!
Katsu... kanarazu!
I will win... without fail!



Lol, and the first day ever of my polytechnic life has started at long last. And well, to admit it, the lessons I had on this first day... certainly does not meet my imaginations of how the lessons at this course would be like, give or take.

Woke up at 7.30am today, despite me setting the alarm to go off at 7am. I didn't even hear the alarm sound. やれやれ。。。 (Yare yare...; Oh boy...) Didn't really bother to have breakfast, so I thought that I would go early and test out if I can take bus 291 straight to the bus stop near block 823. If it succeed, I would find an easy way of transportation between my house and TP, effectively cutting down on the time wasted and the fees spent on transportation. And if it failed, well... At least I left home early and can devote some time to correcting my screw-up. ^_^"

And well, my gamble paid off, lol. The bus 291 went straight to the bus stop near block 823, I alighted, and just took a five-minutes walk to TP. Whoohoo. But the rather sad fact is that I reached there at 8.15am. Lol... Burnt some time by going into the library. Since I'll be studying in TP for three hours, years (lol, wtf! I can't believe that I actually typed "hours" just now, lol!), I might as well get used to the library, since I believe that this will be where I do most of my homework, studying and research in. Well, the huge stock of books available helps. But of course, the main attractive point is the air-con. Yes, the air-con.

I thought that somewhere in this freaking huge library must be a whole entire bookshelf filled with a collection of books related to game designing, programming and developing, and well, I was rather determined to find out where all that treasure is, lol. I thought that, for no reason, the seventh floor would be a good place to start my search. The first shelves I checked, eww, culture and communication. Not my type. I went over to a second shelves. All of them are books about Javascript. Hmmm, so I am at the "IT section" of the library. Must be close, hmmm. But heck, the book "Javascript for Dummies" caught my eye, so I took it, went to a table and read it. XD!

At about 8.45am, I thought that it was a good time to stop. Especially since KK (whom I found out recently that his name's abbreviations isn't KK at all! His name is supposed to be Koh Leong, lmao. But guess I'll still call him KK. He wants to be called that anyway, so why the heck not?) was SMSing me the whole time while I was reading the blasted book and made me unable to focus my attention on it. -.- Along the way, I stopped by the Applied Science School, look around for the EAZI printing store thingy, and bought the Computing Mathematics 1 lecture notes as I was asked to on OLE (Online Learning Environment, zzz) for $4.10. I flip through what I just bought and almost fainted. Fucking cheem pl0x?

Went to LT11, the LT that we had been using for the three days of orientation, in which our first lesson for today, a lecture on Introduction to Computer Games. I tried the backdoor, but it was locked, so I went to the frontdoor, where everyone from my class (I know the correct term to use is supposed to be "care group", but meh, can't really be bothered) was gathering outside, lol. KK, seeing the lecture notes I just bought in my hand, demanded that I lead him and Wan Xiang to where they can buy the book. Whatever. I brought them there, passing by the "refugees camp" (refer to Freshman Orientation Day 1 blog post if you have no freaking idea about what I just said), and went back after the two of them bought the notes.

And after we went back, I had to go back there once again, just to lead Aaron and Yong Han to that place again so he can buy it (Oh, and KK tagged along for fun). Oh gosh, am I the only one in our class who can find his way to a certain location even with instructions? Well, thankfully, no, as Kenny (this guy, just finally learnt his name today) was there already before us, lol. (I told him how to get there before Aaron and Yong Han came along and asked me to lead them there.) The five of us went back... with six lecture notes. o.O Well, Yong Han bought one for Jian Shun too. Clever guy, that Jian Shun, getting Yong Han to buy one for him so he doesn't have to move an inch. XD

I wanted to scream "H4x!" though. Before walking downstairs to the front door of the LT where everyone was gathering in front of the locked front door, I tried the back door on the right, but it was locked. On the other hand, Jurene tried the one on the left, found it unlocked and became the first person, according to her, to arrive in the LT. Freaking h4x, man, lol!! XD

The lecture started fifteen minutes late, because the lecturer (who is also our care person. And everyone says that he comes from Rockstar, lol. I think he might have said that in his introduction, but I didn't hear it XP) came late, and also couldn't figure out how to get the visualizer working without spending some time configuring it, lol. ("Work, screen, work!" You can't believe how hard we laughed when he said that over the microphone.) Half an hour spent on the history of video games. And lmao, I just realized that a certain screw in my spectacles went missing, so my spectacles got snapped into two. Reminds us of the thingy in Dragon Ball Z people use to measure each other's power levels, lol.

Yeah, sure, the history is important (as Yong Han has kindly put it, "we learn history just so we can avoid repeating it"), but heck, I rather look forward to the future than look back to the past, lol! XP Though, I must admit, the Atari video game burial interests me, and the 1983 game crash scares me. :S The lecture ended with the information that we are to think of a concept for a board game or a card game for the next Introduction to Computer Games lesson. Sigh... やれやれ。。。 (Yare yare...; Oh boy...)

Oh, and during the lecture, we were told to buy a book, "Introductory to Game Development".



The lecturer says that it costs at least a hundred bucks in Kinokuniya, but only $46 if we buy it directly from the publisher in TP. And there I was thinking, "Hey! Let's all go to Kinokuniya and buy it! Then we can take the price sticker at the back of the book and show it off!!" Yeah, just like this price sticker at the back of the Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 21 that I bought at said book store. :P



On a side note: Hyuu~! Kuro-sama sure looks mad in there!!

We had a free period of four hours after that, because the Applied Principles for Effective Living 1 tutorial was moved to Thursday instead, and there was no Computing Mathematics 1 tutorial during the first week, lol, so we split up into groups and went wherever we like. My party consisted of four people, Melvin, Aaron and Yong Han, lol. Melvin was feeling hungry, since he didn't eat breakfast (well, neither did I :x), so he suggested that we go and eat now. Someone else, I think Aaron if I remember correctly, suggested that we go to Business School to eat, so we can look at the chio bus there. XD

Both Melvin and Aaron were eating western food, while I wasn't feeling so hungry and had just two sandwiches instead. Yong Han wasn't hungry at all, since he ate earlier, so he didn't eat anything, lol. During that breakfast, we realized that Melvin was the oldest, since he is 18 now, having studied a year in Tampines Junior College before coming to Temasek Polytechnic. Aaron is the second oldest, he is older than me by eleven days. I'm third, and Yong Han's the smallest, lol! Oh, and I took a photo of Aaron eating. :P



But then Melvin asked me why didn't I take a photo of him eating too, so, okay lor... XD!



After eating, we went to the Cyber Centre, because Aaron somehow fucked up and lost his password. Boo hoo. While waiting for him, a group of our classmates came, some of them with the idea somehow that somewhere in this campus, they can play pool. Oh whatever. One of them, Kenny, somehow got lost from the crowd, so I convinced him to "join our party", haha. :P The more the merrier, right? ;P

Since we are all bored while waiting for Aaron, I decided to ask the newcomer his class. After thinking for a long while, he replied, "Wizard!" (Honestly speaking, I was extremely glad he didn't reply "C205!!") I then asked around. Hmmm, Melvin answered mage, I answered warrior, and so I thought I would have Aaron inside an archer (since we lacked one :P). Then Yong Han answered, "Passerby." Lmao, that asshole!! XP

Impatience after waiting, Melvin and I decided to go to the bookshop first, hoping to buy Introduction to Game Development, so we can hurry up and read it, lol. But damn, there's no stock in there... You gotta be fucking kidding me... We got money, but we can't get the book. Oh boy. Looks like we're going to Kinokuniya. And lol, I saw Kuan Hon outside the window while queuing up inside the book shop. Despite there being a window of glass between us, we still saw each other and waved, lol!

After that, the five of us were ready to go out of the campus and find an optometrist shop to repair my spectacles when Kenny pang seh us, lol. Leaving just after he joined, reminded me of Balthier's explanation in Final Fantasy XII... XD!
"Let's think of her as a "Guest", then. Unlike Fran or myself, our "Guest" probably won’t be taking orders from anyone anytime soon. And she'll leave when she pleases. So, we keep to our affairs, and she to hers. I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor... Being such an upstanding member of the insurgence."
-Balthier, Final Fantasy XII
Just before we left the campus, I saw Hiok Joo sitting at the central of the campus, looking so bored, lol. Somehow, she was dressing more like an office lady than a student in my opinions... :P No offense, Hiok Joo! You still look pretty in it, hahah! XD The four of us, after walking for a while, with Melvin leading us, finally found an optometrist shop and got my spectacles fixed! Ouch, it cost me one dollar, but... *victory fanfares plays* XD!

We went back to the campus and to the library. Jian Shun joined our party at the entrance of the library, lol! We went to the seventh floor as per my suggestion, because I wanted to continue reading the Javascript for Dummies book that I was reading this morning, but heck, I found a bookshelf containing books of all aspects of game developing two rows behind the Javascript bookshelf!! Game design, graphics and art, AI programming, C++, etc. Whoohooo! Jackpot, baby!! XD

We grabbed some books from that shelf and started reading. Aaron though, he got started on his Computing Mathematics and had already learnt how to convert numbers from decimal to binary... ;________;

At about 12.45pm, Aaron, Yong Han, Jian Shun and I left for lunch. Melvin didn't feel hungry and thus didn't go with us, lol. We went to IIT School to eat, because Yong Han thought that it was rather hot, haha, and prefered to eat at the canteen in IIT School, because as far as we know, that's the only canteen with air-con. XD

I ate fishball noodles, while both Yong Han and Jian Shun ate claypot rice. Aaron, because he wasn't feeling hungry either, didn't eat anything, lol. Saw Ping Chong in the canteen while I was looking around wondering what to eat, lol. I crept up from behind him and said, "Yo." He turned back and was like, "Eh?" Lol. And rofl, bunch of ants in Yong Han's claypot bowl! Ewwww! And he was still eating his lunch like nothing happened!! And ol, Jian Shun thinks he's the oldest there, since his birthday is on 21 January, but nope! Both Aaron (7 January) and I (18 January) are older than him! Owned lol! XP

After that, we went to our next lesson. Damn sian... We read the time table, saw "CMSK", and intrepreted it as "Computer Skills", but what the hell? Turns out the "CM" stands for "Communication" instead! Oh gosh. The proper name for the subject is "Effective Interpersonal Communication", and what the hell... Complete waste of my time in my opinions. I'm lazy to elaborate, so just read this.

Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Mine's worse. Communication, wah lao ;_:
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
LOL!
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
what u do during communication?
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
nvm lahs, i tmr also same. got communication =(
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
CMSK sucks. Just pon it
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Just kidding lah. Better go for your lesson like a good girl ah
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
What was I doing? ...Drew a Sharingan (I think I fail at it). Drew Syaoran's sword. Drew a standard RPG party of three, one guy with a spear, one guy with a staff and one guy with a bow. Drew a huge dragon thingy with an iron jaw to fight those three goondus.
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
That's it lor
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
cannot pon. its a tutorial
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Just kidding lah. Better go for your lesson like a good girl ah

★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
erm what did ur class did there?
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
=p
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Breathe. They breathed.
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
And communicate. Of course, the lesson is about communication.
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
And ummmmmm.... Just what the hell did we do?
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
lols!
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
need to stand up and intro urself or anything?
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Name, sec sch, and one thing the others don't know about you
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Guess what I said?
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
hmm
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
no.
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
hahahs u tell me =D
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
"I am Wei Liang. I'm from Ngee Ann Secondary. And my dream is to be the best game developer in the world."
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
ooohs
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
=D hahas that nice!
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
But I regreted saying that later leh
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Because my dream is to surpass all the game designers, developers and programmers in the world, and make the whole world acknowledge my existence!!
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Oh, and I'd like to tell you that Naruto's dream is "to surpass the Hokage, and make the whole world acknowledge his existence"
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
I wouldn't tell you that, but heck, TP's got an anti-plagarism policy. Sian...
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
LOL!!!
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
hahahahs
★ .:_.Jasmine._:. ★ 慧莹 [No. 26] ... 1B19 ... TP - BSG =) says:
that silly policy =p

Great way to summarize what I did for those two hours I deemed a waste of time? Oh. And the lecturer asked if there were any bloggers in the class. I shut the fuck up over at a corner. Yes, I lied. I realized that having put my blog URL on my personal message on MSN, my classmates who have added me on MSN would have realized that I lied. :x

Went looking at laptops with Vernon outside Design School after our lessons ended, lol. Both of us have our lessons ending at exactly 4pm today, lol! Anyway, hope Vernon can successfully persuade his mother to get him the best one available there, haha. I was practically drooling at the tablet PC there, lol. I wanted a tablet PC... But sigh, would be a waste of money if I buy one now... Whatever...

Went home taking bus 291. Thanks to Vernon for taking the bus with me before alighting at Tampines Bus Interchange! ^_^



I'm looking forward to collecting my Polytechnic EZ-Link card, lol, but well, just mainly because I was curious in how I would look in it. Initially, I wanted it quick because I wanted to apply for a monthly concession, so my transport fees would be cheaper. But after learning that I can take a bus 291 directly from my house to a five minutes' walk away from Temasek Polytechnic, that effectively cuts down the number of bus trips I have to day per day from four to two.

My calculation is that in order to cut down on transport fees by buying a monthly concession, I have to take at least four buses a day for at least five times a week in order to save more money. But if I take only two buses a day, and only for four times a week [my timetable for Friday is completely empty... For now, anyway. Who knows what drastic changes would be upon my timetable after we pick up some CDS (Cross-Discliplinary Subjects), lol?], I would probably be just wasting money getting myself a monthly concession (which is plain expensive in its own right ;_;).

So now, having lost the reason to apply for a monthly concession, I guess the only reason I have left for being actually looking forward to receiving my new EZ-Link card is to take a look at how it turns out, lol. Oh, and one more excuse, so I can chuck my secondary school's one away. It's so ugly I feel embarrassed every time they ask for it at McDonald's while I was ordering a student's meal.

Checking the TransitLink website, where I can check on the status of my EZ-Link card, I see this word beside the huge word in bold and capital letters that say "STATUS": CARD PRINTED. Oh, gee, yeah, sure, I got my card printed. Whoohooo. Yay. Hip hip hooray. Well... That sure tell a lot. And um... I run out of sarcastic remarks. So when the hell is it going to be ready for me to pick up? Who knows...? =.=

So many things I have to do online now, zzz. I gotta check this OLE (Online Learning Environment) thing, where the lecturers all just dump whatever notes, assignments, etc., there, and not give a flying fuck whether you download and/or read them or not. Yeah, it's so obvious that salary holds more importance and places more priority than their students. They still receive the same old salary regardless of how high or how low our confusion meters are. I just pray that mine don't reach the maximum point, or I might just explode.

Taking a look at tomorrow's timetable... Gee, it sure is a long one, lol. I have a long day tomorrow, so I guess I better prepare myself for a long day... Rest up, reserve my energy, blah blah. Lol. The fatigue I've obtained over the three days of orientation still has not reside yet. Damn, that just shows how weak I am, lol. Damn the orientation for being so tiring.

The lessons and periods on tomorrow's timetable looks not bad. The first period I have is a tutorial that starts from nine o'clock, lasts for an hour to ten o'clock, and is... uh... WDS? What the heck is that? ... *checks* Oh, Web Design. Wonder how it is going to be... Maybe they are going to teach HTML, for the benefit of the noobs who has no idea what the hell it is...? Or maybe more advanced stuff, like DHTML, XHTML, CSS, or even Javascript...? I just hope it isn't the easy way out of using a WYSIWYG editor. Those shit are expensive. ...Oh damn. I think I just realized that I might have confused everyone with all these confusing shit. Please accept my apologies.

And the second period is a lab session, lasting three hours all the way from ten o'clock to one o'clock, is INCG. Oh, great, another abbreviation to confuse the shit out of us newbies. *checks* Introduction to Computer Games. Oh, boy, like anyone coming to this course with his or her free will would ever need this... But hey, it's a lab session, as stated on the timetable, so... it might be fun? I'll look forward to it anyway. It's sure going to be Effective Interpersonal Communication. Without fail.

A two-hour break from one o'clock to three o'clock. Whoopie do. I think I'll head to the seventh floor library after lunch and read up on some game design concept. I can't wait for the lecturers to teach us actual game programming, so I can read the more attractive books on the bookshelves, like programming with C++, art design, and AI (Artificial Intelligence) programming, lol! I think I'm a bit of a chiongster. :P

And from three o'clock to four o'clock is an one-hour lecture on CMATHS1. Oh, I know what that is. Computing Mathematics 1, lol! I think I should read up on the CMATHS1 lecture note that I just bought this morning before the lecture, so I can better understand what the lecturer is talking about. Yeah, I probably should... Thinking that Aaron has already actually started... yeah, I really should. Oh, heck. *slaps forehead*

And finally, from four o'clock to six o'clock is a two-hour lab session on PRSP... What the heck is that...? Oh, Problem Solving and Programming. Sure sounds like fun. Yeah, the comments on this certain period is certainly short. Certainly.

Looks like it'll be a long day...!! Hyuu~!



Fucking finally...

π=3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 ( that is the value of Pi to 50 decimal places) says:
still blogging?
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Yes ;_;

Melvin says:
hmm why monday blog post not up yet
Samy [这是我自己决定的事。所以就算那颗心回不来,我还是要守护她!] says:
Still typing what
Melvin says:
okok

Since when did my blog become so popular?! O_________O

No comments: