Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I have to focus... concentrate!

This will be a rather quick blog post, because I'm rather tired from the day and need some rest quick, lol. But don't worry, my faithful blog readers, I won't skip any details just because of that. XD

Today's first lesson was a tutorial on WDS (Web Design), and the assignment we had to do was the main reason why I brought my laptop to school today (the other reason being to test out my connection to the wireless network in TP). Yeah, yeah, sure, I'm lazy to find myself a printer to print my assignment, I'm lazy to throw my file into a thumb drive (okay, okay, I didn't have a thumb drive to begin with. Damn! Gotta remember to buy one tomorrow! Then again, I could probably use the memory card inside my handphone as a medium for storing and transfering files, lmao...), but I am diligent enough to bring my whole laptop there... XD!

I swear, it wasn't freaking worth all that time and effort bringing my whole entire laptop there, just for that one hour of WDS where half of the class didn't even touch or read the assignment, forget about even attempting the questions!! Seriously, man, I think I should just get myself a thumb drive, makes things easier... Or I could attach the file to an e-mail sent to myself, and access that e-mail anywhere to get that document... Yeah, that'd work, especially since Dave had particularly warned me about the dangers of transmitting viruses in thumb drives. Yeah, I'll do that.

The lesson was rather boring for someone who sacrificed half an hour of his blogging time doing that stupid assignment... Guess what I was doing? Asking Kenny and KK for their computers' IP addresses so I can ping them... =.= And guess what? None of my pings ever reached them. ;_; I ended up killing time pinging myself. Yeah, the pings were obviously fast. 0 milliseconds for each ping, lmao. Yes, I am that bored. .__.

After WDS was a three-hour (;__;) lab session of INCG (Introduction to Computer Games), which was just in the lab next-door of where we had our WDS, lmao. In those three hours, we were supposed to get into the groups that we had decided last week. I got together with Aaron and Melvin, but then Jian Shun in front kept trying to persuade me to join his group, with Jurene and Yong Han, lol.

I was effectively split into two, selfishly betraying my two teammates whom I had recruited into this team with my own two hands (since Jian Shun's team, I just have to be honest and admit this, is composed of people whom I can communicate and work with rather well, lol), or staying loyal to my two teammates. Damn it lor, it was a damn tough decision to make leh... -_________- Wan Xiang later joined Jian Shun's team, but Jian Shun said, "I am the host here, I can kick anyone I want.", implying that he would kick Wan Xiang out of the team to make a space for me. Lmao. XD

And later, our lecturer announced that we would now form groups of five (which made more sense, since we have exactly twenty-five people in our class). That pretty much helped me decided my mind. It was tough enough already to try and invite one more person to our group, forget about trying to invite two people, so I might as well just jump over to Jian Shun's team, which would already have a complete team of five people after I do so. Feeling rather apologetic to Aaron and Melvin, I took my chair and proceeded to the front row.

I just felt that in our team of five, each person played a different and specific role, despite the fact that we didn't prearrange or decide upon any, LOL! Jian Shun and I were like the "engines". We came up with most of the ideas, and scripted and created most of the game concepts. Jurene would sometimes help us and add stuff on. Yong Han acts as the villain. He would think up of flaws in our ideas and raise up objections against our ideas, so we all had to crack our brains to think up of completely and totally perfect ideas just so we can make him shut the fuck up. XD! And Wan Xiang... Well... He's the... spare tyre, I guess... He would shut the fuck up, stay at one corner, invisible to the rest of us and think up of ideas by himself, storing the ideas he thought of in his brain. When we are all out of energy and everything, we would ask him for his ideas, then develop on them (developing a concept is much easier than creating one from scratch XD).

We thought of such a complicated board game imitating MMORPGs, where players navigate around a map, fighting monsters, earning equipment, and finally slaying the final boss of the game in order to win. But Yong Han suddenly thought of asking our lecturer whether our concept would fit in the educational aspect of this assignment, and guess what? Nope it doesn't. =.= We had to completely nuke and scrape it, man. God damn it. Both Jian Shun and I, who had spent a lot of time and energy thinking up of our concept so far, got immediately depressed, lol. Not helping much was the fact that there was already this old board game named "HeroQuest"... So... our idea had already been used and implemented two years before we were even born...?

It was our intelligence and knowledge of common sense that made us not go all emo with a penknife. In the end, we scraped everything and thought up of a new idea. All thanks to Wan Xiang, our backup spare tyre, especially since both Jian Shun and I were heavily hit by that emotional impact to continue on... ~.~

We were dismissed half an hour earlier, but most of the people in our group, including but not limited to KK, Kenny and Shi Hui, opted to stay behind in the lab to further develop their ideas, so there were only six of us going for lunch, lol, me, Aaron, Wan Xiang, Yong Han, Jian Shun and Shiro-chan. And the six of us were further split by the fact that each of us had a different place in mind where we want to eat at, lol, so Yong Han, Jian Shun and Shiro-chan went to IIT School to eat, while Wan Xiang, Aaron and I went to Business School to eat instead.

It was a drastic change, lol... We were initally all eating lunches in large groups of at least eight people, but now, all of a sudden, we only had three people with us... Lol... Whatever. The western food at Business School rocks. :D My only complaint is that the canteen is at such a deep section of the Business School... It's a pain having to walk so far along the corridor just for a meal, lol. =.= And lol, Hiok Joo spotted me while we were walking at the corridor. XD Didn't stay and chat though. ):

After the three of us finished our lunches (thanks to Aaron for volunteering to stay behind and watch after our bags while Wan Xiang and I went to buy our food, resulting in him finishing slightly later than us ^^), we proceeded to the seventh floor of the library, where our group tends to hang out in a lot, haha, and also the meeting point where we decided upon with Yong Han, Jian Shun and Shiro-chan before we split up for lunches at where we want to eat. We were the first ones there, lol, so I got my laptop out.

I just couldn't figure out how to connect to TP's wireless LAN. Neither did Jia Hao, who came a while later with the rest of our group (including KK, Kenny, Khai Ming, Jian Shun, Shiro-chan, Yong Han, Melvin, and I pity the remaining people who came too but were too insignificant for me to remember them). Argh, damn the wireless LAN... Why make it such a pain in the ass to connect to? That's it, man, I'm not bringing my laptop there. =.=

Before the rest of our group came, I was intending to play Risk II on my computer with Wan Xiang, lol, while Aaron hurried to finish his VisLit (Visual Literacy & Story Boarding) assignment. Damn it, it lagged so freaking much, since I set your power plan to power saver, which reduces system performance at the cost of... saving power, duh! And the game lagged so much we couldn't even start it!! -_______- When everyone came, I got fed up and went to watch Bleach instead. Ichigo vs Grimmjow, lol. Shiro-chan came and watched it with me. o.O

Then got together with Wan Xiang, Yong Han, Jian Shun and one of Yong Han and Jian Shun's friends from East Spring Secondary School (who was really extra in my opinions), and tried to further develop our board game concept. Hmmm, it's going well so far, haha. Oh, and know what the name of our game is...? After we spent some time thinking to no avail, Jian Shun suddenly said, "Fun please?" (with a rather weird accent and tone that I can't explain in words), a phrase he often (if not always) say, lol.

We asked him, "So, what? Our game is going to be called 'fun please?'? " I took Yong Han's pencil, Wan Xiang's paper and wrote, "Fun pl0x?" But apparently Jian Shun didn't like leetspeak, lol, so he changed it to "Fun plEASE~" (the "ease" at the end were capitalized because... well, of the tone that Jian Shun is speaking the phrase with, lol!). I further changed it to "fun pℓEASE~?", so that the first half are all small letters and the second half are all capitals; and the litre symbol for fun as well. XD

At 2.45pm, all of us left together for the next class - all except for Melvin. Meh, he's probably going emo. Our next lesson was a one-hour lecture on CMATHS1 (Computing Mathematics 1), where I realized that while the lecturer is still on page 10, I was already on page 27 or so... =_______= The gap widened even further after the lecture ended, with the lecturer on page 12 or so whereas I was already on page 35 or so... .______.

Also, during the lesson, probably due to boredom (I heard a few people around me complaining about the slow pace the lecturer was teaching at, lol. You guys just have to rush ahead like me... ), Melvin wrote on a foolscap paper, "Jurene & JianShun sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G !" and passed it around. Was roflmao pl0x? Jian Shun looked so angry that he was ready to tear Melvin apart limb to limb (first time I've seen Khai Ming agree with me, incidentally), but I don't think that Jian Shun should be the person Melvin should be fearing anytime soon... especially when there's another person obviously pissed off with him... :S

There is no hidden text or messages anywhere in this blog. Really...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Jurene and Jian Shun were wearing the same colour for their clothes (light-blue). We spotted that right after Jian Shun mentioned that Shiro-chan and Michael were wearing the same colour for their clothes (red) too, making them "a couple", you see.

Next lesson was a two-hours lab session of PRSP (Problem Solving and Programming), but the lecturer couldn't get the door of the lab where we are having this lab session opened, lmao, so we were waiting outside for someone to deliver the key. Melvin was hiding from Jian Shun and Jurene behind walls, lmao, which really reminded me of Time Crisis, where you spend most of your time hiding behind walls when you are not attacking. XD And when Jian Shun approached him, Melvin literally ran for his life, lmao! Guess Jian Shun really has his Intimidation Aura turned on.

Again, there is no hidden text or messages anywhere in this blog. I meant it...

And lol, while hanging around outside the classroom (which stupid door is still locked even after Melvin ran away) and chatting, we realized that Khai Ming has not learn most of our names yet, lmao, so KK and I decided to mess with him and make him even more confused. XD KK says that he is Wei Liang and I am KK (in other words, the two of us switched our names, lmao). I continued, and told him that Aaron's name is Kenny, and Kenny's name is Aaron. XD Finally, I told him that Qiyang's name is Kuan Wei, and Kuan Wei's name is Qiyang, and Kuan Wei, upon hearing him mention his name, asked us, "What?!", in such a fierce voice, lol! What the heck was that for, lmao?

The actual lesson has us spent more time on Alice. Since my lecturer has even got a blog up for today, you guys might as well just go check it out. Spare me from typing it out please.

I really like how I solved problem 3, though, the one with the old man and the three trolls. So much that I downloaded Alice just so I can reproduce what I did in school and have a great laugh off it. XD! I'll post a video here when I'm done with it, I suppose. :3 And rofl, for some reason, that old wizard reminded me of the Wise Old Man in RuneScape, haha, pwning noobs around RuneScape with Saradomin Strikes. XD

Edit made on 3 May 2008: And here is that stupid video.



After school, I took the bus home with Aaron and Kenny. And haha, I saw Vernon at the bus stop just when the bus came, lol, so the four of us went home together. XD!



No comments: