Thursday, April 17, 2008

Freshman Orientation Day 2

気になるあいつ…



Woke up at freaking 6am this morning, three hours after we have fallen asleep, just because some fucker about one metre away from us is snoring like a freaking loud pig, and I can't fall back asleep all thanks to him, God dammit. -_- KK had it worse. He was always awake whenever I wake up for a bit and then try to fall back asleep later all throughout the three hours, and he told me after we woke up and decided to not sleep any more that he only slept for two hours. Poor KK, lol. Yong Han was better off though, he managed to sleep for four hours.

It's a bit weird that me, the guy sleeping for three hours, was sleeping right in the center. o.O It's as if we were positioned in the order of the number of hours that we would sleep. o.O

Since we were supposed to wake up at 8am, we had two hours to spend, lol, so we went and do a little walking around. The soccer field was damn big, haha, and I remembered that I came here to run my 1.6km run for the NAPFA test when I was in primary school, I think Primary 4. Never would I thought back then seven years ago that I would eventually come and study in this polytechnic, lol.

We then had breakfast, but I pretty much forgot the details about it. Please forgive me for that.

After that, we had a briefing on our course and studies from the Course Coordinator and Year Coordinator. Hmmm, okay. Yeah. Do I need to elaborate any more? Not necessarily. Chop-chop. Let's skip. *is spouting random nonsense*

After that, we had lunch at the benches of Temasek Applied Science School again. It's just so sad when you can't find any space for heaving meals back at your own school. The meal sucks in my opinions, lol. I find it rather hard to swallow it, so I had to eat extremely slowly. So slow that the four other people sitting on the same bench as me (KK, and three others whom I remember their faces but not know their names XD) had finished their lunches and left to buy drinks, leaving me all alone lol! I asked them to help me buy a can of coca-cola as well, haha.

Oops, and I forgot to mention, but the meal came with vegetables, and in our bench, three of us, including me, didn't like vegetables, so we dumped all of our vegetables to KK, who said that he wanted them. One of the three of us then said that in return of our vegetables, KK should trade some of his chicken drumstick, crabsticks and rice to us, lol! Then the one who didn't give KK any vegetables said, "Then what do you want him to eat? Salad?" XD!

So, after being left all alone, I went to another bench, where there was only one person sitting lonelily there. Well, I thought of accompanying him in eating together, but I don't think he appreciated it much. We didn't talk much, and he finished rather promptly and left, thereby forcing me to switch benches again, rofl.

By that time, there were only me and another girl named Jurene still eating, lol, and she told me to eat slowly, so she won't be the only one left eating, haha. Well, sure, why not? This meal sucks anyway. :P The meal was much easier to chew and swallow once my friends came back with my can of coca-cola, haha, though when I waved at them at a distance and shouted, "Hand me my can of coca-cola quick!!", they joked around and tried to run away, lol, so I had to jump out of my bench, chase them and grab my coke. ^^ Ah, coca-cola rocks.

And so, after my four friends who were sitting at the first bench with me came back, the five of us sat together again. Lmao, two people drinking coca-cola, two people drinking coca-cola zero, and one person being the odd one out and drinking... lemon tea! Lol! Then, Jurene, seeing us all drinking water, wanted a can of coca-cola too, so the OL started to announce, "Who can go and buy a can of coke for a lady here?" Well, I would, but the sad combination of me being one of the only two still eating and my laziness meant that I didn't. :(

Oh well, someone did anyway, after a rather long time of course. :P Oh, and I threw away my lunch halfway after eating it. XP

After that, we had some team games. The first one was, well, a game emphasizing teamwork and memory. One of us had to go to the other hand, touch a dustbin, then make it back to win. However, along the way are mines, in which stepping on them makes us return back to the starting line. Thus, we had to locate the mines, remember where they are and try to avoid them. Aaron was the hero, haha, he managed to touch it and came back, but of course, with the advice of many of us who died and stood on the sidelines, shouting the numbers of the respective tiles in which there are no mines and which he should jump onto, lol. Though, when Aaron went, I thought he died and started to rush forward, and only reaching halfway did I realize that he is still going, lol! :x

Next game sucks. Seriously. Dipping your face into a mixture of flour and water and getting your face all white is not what I can fun for fuck's sake. I left and escaped the game together with this guy named Fu Quan (or so I believe is the spelling). We waited at the staircases for thirty minutes for the game to end, laughing at the idiots running towards the toilet with their white faces. Reminds me of when Yoshida would always try to escape the classroom during activities he deem boring or stupid, and I would always accompany him, lol.

At the end, we were called back, and some fucking bastard threw some flour at my face and into my eye. Fucking eye pain almost came back, God damn it. So much that my eye almost couldn't open. Fucking asshole. But I didn't want to just stand there, it would make me seem weak, but I was lazy to go all across the room to grab some flour so I can throw back at him, so I took my water bottle and splashed it on his face. Well, not quite as cool as it seems, but I think I managed to properly portray the idea that those bastards are better off not trying to fuck around with me.

But then again, I think that I might have made one more enemy in that instant. ^_^" Oh boy, one enemy in my care group before the first term even starts. I think I just broke a personal record. Fu Quan, that lucky bastard, he dodged his when someone tried to throw flour at him too. He should have at least warned me, lol.

We went to the next game, and were pitted up against another care group. The game was rather simple. The people in a group form a line, and the first two people of both lines come out on a two-on-two match. One of the pair plays scissors-paper-stone with the one of the other pair, and the winners get to throw water bombs or splash soap water (since we were throwing water bombs much faster than they can make them) at the losers, until we either run out of water bombs, or they spin around ten times.

The match went evenly well, neither team was really winning nor losing, until... Jian Shun and Yong Han arrived (KK and I were just behind them on the queue by the way ^^). Jian Shun was the one who played scissors-paper-stone, and they defeated not only one pair of enemy (Killing Spree!), not two (Dominating!), not three (Mega-Kill!), not four (Unstoppable!), not five (Wicked Sick!!), but SIX pairs of opponents (M-m-m-m....Monster Kill!!)!! O__________O

Too bad they didn't achieve Godlike! though, lol, since the final and last team on the opponents' side managed to stop Jian Shun's killing spree. (Yes, I know that "Killing Spree!" only starts when you killed three enemies in a row in DotA, but meh...) Also, Jian Shun is pretty wild with the soap water splashing. He would splash so wildly that he would even accidentally hit KK and me as well, who were standing behind him!! Friendly fire! Friendly fire!!

He tried to justify it by stating that all strong spells are AoE (Area of Effect) spells, which hit over a certain area and can affect both friend and foe. He even threw in three specific spells from Warcraft III as examples, namely Blizzard, Flame Strike and Rain of Fire, lol. Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.

Oh, back to the game. KK and I are up next against the last and final team of the opponents' team. Seeing the long queue behind us, I felt rather safe, since our loss probably won't affect the game much. I thank Jian Shun and his overly lucky winning streak for pwning the majority of our opponents. ^^ In addition, KK told me that he's pro in scissors-paper-stone. A pro in losing. And that he has absolutely no luck at all. So well, all in all, I was pretty much prepared to see KK lose, stand there like a tank and take the hits.

Imagine my surprise when after two draws, KK managed to win! Wow, what happens if you lose to someone who claims that he has no luck? You have negative luck? :P And so, we dealt the finishing kill, and ta-dah, justice wins again! *victory fanfare plays*

The activity ended before we can move on to the last and final game. A bit anti-climatic. -_________-

We went back to the LT in preparation for some night performance thingy. Then the night performance... sigh... It showed me that half of our IT school is filled with horny bastards and assholes. *slaps forehead and facepalms* やれやれ。。。 (Yare yare...; Oh boy...)



Was a debriefing after that, then we finally went home at long last! Whoopie-do!! :D I took bus 8 with Shun Jian and another guy in the same care group as us but I remember neither his face nor his name (oops! :x), and alighted at Tampines East CC, before walking ten minutes home, down the usual road that I have been walking everyday for four years (my secondary school is just next to the Community Center lol!).

From what I can tell in these two days, competition is going to be very, very, freaking fierce. But I will win. I have to win. I must win. Without fail. And if I have to do it by bashing and smashing my competitors down, I will do it. 必ず。 (Kanarazu.; Without fail.)

No comments: