Tuesday, April 22, 2008

君だけを守りたい

君だけを守りたい
Kimi dake wo mamoritai
I only want to protect you



Sigh... Freaking huge rain early in the morning. It was raining so heavily the ground was literally flooded with rainwater. Just take a look at this photo I took while waiting for the bus at the bus stop near my home...



I have found out that somehow, mysteriously, but surely, there will certainly be very little buses on the road and many people waiting for buses at the bus stops during rainy days. And today is of no exception. The bus I took to TP this morning was so crowded that I was practically sandwiched between the uncle standing behind me and pushing, and the lady in front of me, lol. x_X Roasted sardine.

Note: Sardines are typically tightly packed in a small, flat can, Thus, the close packing of sardines in the can has led to their being used metaphorically for any situation where people or objects are crowded together; for instance, in a bus or subway car. And since I'm a pyromaniac with a love for fire, hence "roasted". XD

Felt really uncomfortable in that huge number of human density, lol. Stupid rain on the ground, making my shoes wet as I took a five minute's walk to TP... =.= Reached at about 8.30am, so I went straight to lab where we are supposed to have our first lesson, Web Design. There was absolutely no one hanging outside at the corridors there, lol, so I went back downstairs to the third floor, find an empty bench and started reading the Bleach volume 32 that I brought, lol.

A while later, Yong Han came, and told me that Sebastian is sitting at the other end of the benches, lol, so the two of us went over and joined him. A while later, Jian Shun and Wan Xiang joined us, and just when Jian Shun was bored of waiting and decided to whip out his PSP so he can play with it, we decided to go to the lab. XP

The tutorial on Web Design is rather cool, haha. It was a breeze for me, lol, with the basic knowledge of HTML, which is what this lesson is about. We typed HTML on a notepad, saved it as a .HTML file (everyone except for me did anyway. I saved it as a .HTM, because of habit, and laziness to type the additional "l" XD), then, yeah, that's about it... o.O The next lesson is about HTML on tables. Ouch. One of the things I suck at. I need to start from the basics on HTML of tables all over again. Maybe I'll do so after my blogging.

The next lesson was a three-hour long lab session on Introduction to Computer Games, just next door. XD More history about video games, lol. Almost fell asleep, haha. I guess history is just not for me. XP I can't believe that the Commodore 64 would be the best-selling single personal computer model of all time though, lol! Oh, and we were supposed to get into groups of three or four to design an educational board game or card game. Damn the "educational" part, that just complicates things! Keep it simple, stupid!! In my group are Melvin and Aaron, haha. I wanted to recruit one more member, but meh, seems like everyone has their own groups.

We had a free period of two hours coming up next, so a group of nine of us (uh... there's me, Yong Han, Shun Jian, Melvin, Shi Hui, Jurene, Kenny, Jia Hao and Kai Ming... Hyuu~! Was particularly difficult to remember who the last one on the list is, especially since his name didn't appear on the class list of names, e-mail addresses and handphone numbers that we received via e-mail XD) decided to go to Design School for lunch. There was a western food stall there, so we put down our bags on the chairs of two empty tables, except for Jurene, who was guarding our bags, and went to queue up.

The queue didn't even move at all pl0x? Okay, fine, we did move forward two steps in those ten minutes that we waited for, but hey, those two steps are insignificant considering how freaking long the queue is! We were messing around in the beginning, haha. I was like, "Oi, get out of the way!" and pushing Jia Hao (who was in front of me in the queue) to one side so I get one less person standing in my way (XD), but he was rather chubby that I found it difficult to shove him away, lol! So we cooperated and together, pushed away Kenny (who was in front of Jia Hao), who was much more thinner and much more easier to push away. XD! Jian Shun, who was behind me, said, "Aiya, don't play and mess around lah." And then he proceeded to push both Jia Hao and I out of the queue! Hahaha! Lmao!! XD

After waiting for ten minutes, without much significant progress in the aspect of the queue, most of us got bored, and someone (Kenny, I believe) suggested that we go to the McDonald's outside for lunch instead. I agree whole-heartedly, but Shi Hui said that he would go only if everyone agrees, lol, so I had to ask around gathering answers. Eventually, all of them agreed, though I have no idea why I have to ask them one-by-one... Can't they all just reply, "Okay! Let's go!" together to save me the trouble and hassle? -.-

After that, the eight of us set off, but we realized that Melvin went to another canteen in the Design School to find his lunch, left his bag with us here, and didn't pick up the phone when I called him, lol... After a long while of standing around and discussing about what we should do about his bag, we decided to carry it with us and return it to him later when we see him for the next lesson (beats just leaving it there anyway XP). Jian Shun offered to carry the bag for us. How nice of him. ^^

Just when we were ready to leave, Wan Xiang came along and sort of joined the party. Now we have a party of nine people again, LOL. I found that, due to our party members having varying character movement speeds, our party split up into three, lol. Yong Han and Wan Xiang, with the highest stat point in agility, were a lot in front of Jurene and I, with average agility stats. The rest of them, so obviously not agile, were lagging a long distance behind us, lol, though Kenny joined our group in the middle for a while in the later half of the walk. XD

Wan Xiang split up with us a while later, probably because he wanted to eat elsewhere. Yong Han too, although he did so when we were much closer to our goal. Finally, the seven of us reached McDonald's. On our way back, we found Wan Xiang wandering around somewhere along the way, and we sort of picked him up, have him join our party, and went back to TP together, lol. XD

Went to the seventh floor of the library next, because both Melvin and Yong Han were there, and we needed to return his bag to "the guy who lost his bag", as everyone started calling him. XD! Come to think of it, his bag was rather heavy (I carried it on the way back, and Kenny helped for a while too, haha ^^). What did he put inside his stupid bag? Gold bars? o.O Yong Han was missing when we went to the library and found Melvin sitting where we sat yesterday. We initially wanted to play the cards Jurene brought, but we all lost interest pretty much sooner or later, lol, and all of us started our individual reading. Except Kai Ming was standing behind me and trying to read the book that I was reading...... ;____________;

At 3pm, we went to LT2 for our first Computing Mathematics 1 lecture. Saw Seow Yao there, lol! ^^ The lesson was about converting decimal to binary, and vice versa, and addition, subtraction and multiplication of binary. As in what I used to do during my A. Maths lessons last year, I was again rushing through the lecture notes, way in front of what the lecturer was teaching. :P Well, I did so because Aaron, who was sitting beside me, has already started rushing since yesterday, right after we bought the book, LOL! And besides, I got Kai Ming here beside me too, who is also rushing together with me, so why not? XD

Was a two-hour lab session of Problem Solving and Programming next. In the beginning, the lecturer asked us a question. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator? Elementary, my dear Watson. You open the refrigerator door, stuff the damned giraffe in, and close the door! Next question, how do you put an elephant into a refrigerator? All of us knew that one too. You open the refrigerator door, tell the giraffe to get the fuck out, kick the elephant into the refrigerator with an Anti-Manner Kick Course, and hope that your kick is so strong the doors are sent flying close by themselves automatically.

Next, we messed around with a software named "Alice". After messing around with it a bit, we were given two scenarios to solve. The first one involves a chicken behind a huge tree (I was liek, "The World Tree!!" o_________O), a bunny in front of the camera, and you had to get the bunny to the chicken without running through the tree with your wallwalk hack, lol! I had the bunny walk to in front of the tree, roll on the spot for five seconds, shout, "Magic: Tree Minimizing Spell!!", then decrease the size of the tree by so much it became as small as Ephraim (in layman's terms, invisible ).

In the second scenario, we had a woman at the top of a burning lighthouse (or at least the lecturer said so anyway. I can't see any shitty fire) in the middle of the ocean (which is plain weird, by the way), and some hero at the beach is supposed to jump into a rowboat, go to the lighthouse, have the woman jump down onto the rowboat, and have the rowboat bring the two of them back to the shore. I had the man complain, "Sigh... Do I really have to...? What a drag..."

I had the woman "move to the rowboat" when the rowboat was right under her, but hey, the slow speed (because it was only a little distance, at a set amount time) at which she is dropping really made me wonder if it was freefall or not, lol, so I had an idea. Make her "move towards the rowboat", and set the distance to 999 metres. The huge distance she had to cover in that set amount of time made her immediately dropped into the sea, passed the boat and disappeared out of the screen immediately. XD I had the man say, "...Don't tell me that she is really jumping...? That crazy woman..." before the jump and "........." after the jump. XD!

Aaron did a rather funny one, haha. The woman jumped down onto the boat, and the boat immediately sank with its two passengers!! XD! The woman even added, "Oops, I think I'm feeling a bit heavy..." Lmao!! XD Maybe because I was rather bored, I was glancing around looking at how others were doing, and seeing Jurene (whom I was sitting beside)'s woman flew off at such a high speed in a totally different direction than the man and the rowboat made me chuckle out uncontrollably... :P So sorry, Jurene! XP

The lecturer let us go half an hour before his lesson ended. How kind of him. ^^

After school, Aaron, Kenny, Sebastian and I decided to check out the book shop to see if Introduction to Game Development is in stock or not, lol. Turns out not yet. Bummer. =.= We then went upstairs, thanks to Aaron leading the way (since he has already done so), to collect our EZ-Link card. Seems as if Kenny just tagged along, lol... He didn't even pay for his EZ-Link card yet! XD

How does my EZ-Link card look? :O I might as well add my matriculation card in it as well, lol! Gee, I look extremely geeky in them, lol... Oh, and the cards were digitally edited (lousily, I might add ^^) to hide certain information to protect my privacy... XD



Kenny, Aaron and I took bus 291 back together, haha. Took a few photos on the bus for fun as well. :P



Ugh, poor Aaron couldn't get himself within the frame of the picture. ;_;



Looks a bit better, but I feel that we can still do better with Flash on.



Excellent!! XD That's about it for today! Gotta go do some studying now... ^_^

No comments: