Thursday, April 03, 2008

I wish your heart will not disappear.

Even when dark clouds cover your smile...
Even when rain blocks your voice...
I wish your heart will not disappear.



Phew, I was a bit worried about my polytechnic enrolment after Jasmine told me that you need an eighty-cent stamp, yet my stingy father only pasted a forty-cent stamp, but hyuu, it was a relief to see my name on the Transit Link website in the section for tertiary students to check their EZ-Link card eligibility and application status, lol. Means that my enrolment was successful. Phew! XD

Now I have to go to Tampines Bus Interchange and pay eight dollars for the card, lol.



Now, to blog about my progress in Final Fantasy X, my favorite RPG so far. XP

On my quest to maximize my characters' stats, after defeating enough Fenrirs for 42 Agility Spheres (I heard that having 170 Agility is as good as having 255 Agility), I next proceeded to fight Greater Spheres for their Luck Spheres drop.

I found that Greater Spheres are rather easy if you know how to think and plan strategically. With all three of my characters having Auto-Haste, it easily becomes a match which my characters dominate with speed. However, Greater Spheres would counterattack my physical attacks with Ultima, which hits my characters 1000+ damage. That may not be a lot, but if I attack blindly, I would be a goner soon.

It doesn't help much either that Greater Spheres possess an attack named Hydraulic Press, which is a gravity attack that hits a percentage of your maximum HP. In other words, as long as your maximum HP never changes (i.e. you do some modifications to the Sphere Grid), the damage done to you by Hydraulic Press will always be the same. And I think it deals around 47.5% of your maximum HP. That's almost half of your HP gone.

So how the hell can this battle be easy, you ask? Well, one thing for sure, you have speed domination. One thing is crucial to know in this battle, and it is that "you yourself set the pace of this battle. Not the enemy". The enemy will only attack you when you attack it first, or when its turn is up (which is like, after each of your characters have three or four turns passed by? o.O). You should know when to attack, and when to heal.

As Balthier from Final Fantasy XII said, "Vitality before violence." Feel free to stop at any time and just Curaga your characters up. There's no rush, really. After all, you are the one setting the pace, not that huge wobbly-bobbly jelly thingummyat.

After getting 60 Luck Spheres, enough for 255 Luck, I next proceeded to fight One-Eyes. Ah, an old friend of mine. I remember that I used to kill them continuously for their Triple AP weapons, and now, I have come once again for their Magic Defense Spheres. They were easy, now that my characters have grown so strong. Instead of relying on Anima's immunity to status effects (One-Eyes are proud of their abilities to inflict status effects, you'll do well to remember that fact ;D) like I used to, this time, I simply relied on brute strength.

Well, with 150k HP, it'd just take two hits from my 99,999 damage-dealing Masamune and 99,999 damage-dealing World Champion to defeat it. XP And when I get ambushed, I just have to switch Auron (who thankfully goes first before One-Eye, due to the First Strike Auto-Ability that his Masamune comes with) with Yuna, who has the Ribbon Auto-Ability. After my party gets inflicted with all kinds of status effects (other than Yuna, since she's immune to them), I have Yuna cast Esuna on Wakka, and have Wakka finish the eyeball with two hits. ;)

And after 63 Magic Defense Spheres, enough for a 255 in my Magic Defense stat, I next went to fight Pteryxs and Vidatus for their Evasion Spheres and MP Spheres respectively. Both of them are extremely easy, due to their overwhelmingly low HP, but sadly, they have rather high evasion, lol, so I had to spend a few turns having my characters cast Aim before I finish them. :P

After getting 7 Evasion Spheres (I read that having 255 Luck and 30 Evasion is enough for perfect accuracy and evasion) and 25 MP Spheres (enough for 999MP, haha), the remaining two monsters on my to-repetitively-kill list are Ironclads, which drop HP Spheres, and Earth Eaters, which drop Fortune Spheres.

Initially, I wanted to kill Ironclads and harvest HP Spheres first, but doh, then I realized that I haven't unlock Ironclads yet. I need to capture ten Iron Giants from Thunder Plains and twenty Geminis from Inside Sin to unlock Ironclads, lol, but heck, I've only got three Iron Giants, and I haven't even paid Sin a visit yet! But I feared that if I went inside Sin to try and catch some Geminis, I might accidentally end up capturing more than what I need, and end up unlocking Ultima Buster and getting 99 Dark Matters, thereby wasting the Dark Matters I have in my inventory. :x

So instead, I decided to do a little detour. First, I'll get myself 99 Dark Matters (I got 81 at that time), then use them to give Wakka's armour the Auto-Ability Ribbon. Next, I'll go around the world, capturing five of each fiends and unlock Ultima Buster. Then I'll use the 99 Dark Matters I earnt to give Tidus' armour Ribbon as well.

Capturing monsters was a pain in the ass, lol. I even had to do that stupid Cactuar Village mini-game so I can fight and capture Cactuars. -.- I went inside Sin as well. The roads are confusing, lol. And Seymour Omnis, the fourth time Seymour pops up in Yuna's way, was damn easy, lol. Auron's Tornado hit him 199,998 damage, nearly 2.5 times of his measley 80,000 HP. XD

After unlocking Ultima Buster, yay, I now have Ribbon on both Tidus and Wakka. XP Also, with the availability of Clear Spheres, I proceeded to maximize whatever stats I can, despite the fact that I haven't got any HP Spheres from Ironclads (haven't even unlock them x_X) or Fortune Spheres from Earth Eaters. After getting my three characters (namely Tidus, Auron and Wakka)' Strength, Defense, Magic, Magic Defense and Agility to be 255, I proceeded to fight Earth Eaters.

Although, because of the large amount of Power Spheres, Mana Spheres and Speed Spheres needed to maximize my three characters' stats, I always run out and had to fight Kottos for spheres (using the specific Extract Sphere skill, you can get it to drop 40 of that sphere in an Overkill). And because I cleared my Accuracy nodes to make way for others, I found that I kept missing. x_X

Earth Eaters were rather easy as well. Like fighting against - ...What's that guy's name...? All I remember is his attack Hydraulic Press... - Greater Spheres, you get to set the pace of the battle. Especially after you knock Earth Eaters (which takes two to three attacks), it won't even attack you at all during its turn. It will just cast Flare as a counterattack. Again, vitality before violence, and all will go well. That Flare is rather weak anyway, heh. Did only less than 3,000 damage against one character. Lol.

The tedious part is that I have to kill at least 90 Earth Eaters for 180 Fortune Spheres, because I have 60 Luck Spheres and three characters. -_______- "At least" is added because meh, sometimes Earth Eaters drop Dark Matter. I got tired of seeing that guy, lol.

After completely maximizing my three characters' Luck, and getting their HP to be 9999 (I'm lazy to kill 100+ Ironclads for 200+ HP Spheres just so Auron can have 99,999HP. ) and MP to be 999, I proceed to Zanarkand Ruins at once. I have a grudge to settle with this particular Dark Aeon for blocking my way to the Sun Crest and making my Tidus suck like hell... *cracks knuckles*

Since Tidus was the only one without Break Damage Limit (or rather, a Celestial Weapon, lol!), I had to resort to using him as the healer, while Wakka and Auron are the damage dealers. Lol, going there unprepared was a bit stupid. I spammed Quick Hits after Quick Hits, and before I realized what the fuck I have done, a Mega Flare was freaking fired in my general direction, and BAM! 40,000+ damage done to all three of my characters. Instant K.O., game over. -.-

On the second try, in the beginning, since Tidus has nothing much to do (I don't want him to deal some miserable 9,999 damage, because if I am not mistaken, Dark Bahamut tends to counterattacks, and it wouldn't be wise to get counterattacked just because I hit it for some pathetic 9,999), I had him cast Auto-Life (after looking thoroughly in the menus and finding nothing else to cast for him XD). And who would have knew that the accidental stroke of luck would save my ass from a Mega Flare? I was even preparing for a Game Over when Mega Flare came, putting my controller on the table and standing up, readying to walk over to my PlayStation 2 and turn it off, but nope, Tidus just gets back up! Whoohooo! XD

Damn Dark Bahamut, taking advantage of the fact that Auron is the only character I'm using without Ribbon. Near the beginning of the battle, he uses Impulse on Auron, Petrifying him, and on the next turn, shattered him without second thought, lol. =.= So it became from a 3-on-1 to a 2-on-1. Oh well, I found that having only two characters is easier to manage. A sword, and a shield. XP Of course, sometimes I have Wakka heal using Curaga if I find that Dark Bahamut's turn is coming up real soon, since I need Tidus to do Auto-Life (better to do so with Tidus than Wakka, since Tidus wields Astral Sword and has One MP Cost. I forgot which monster did I get that useful and nifty weapon from in the Monster Arena, LOL). XD

It was down in no time. Tidus' Entrust and Wakka's Attack Reels was extremely useful, haha. I gotten the hang of it, so I can pull off a 12-hit combo about 85% of the time. XP Whoohooo! After Dark Bahamut went down, I cheered and quickly claim my reward: the holy Sun Crest! Whoohoooo! *victory fanfare plays* After that, I pretty much rushed to Macalania Forest and get my Caladbolg fully powered-up, haha. :P Caladbolg looks cool, haha, just too bad I couldn't find a bigger picture. XD!



After Dark Bahamut, I went on a Dark Aeon-killing spree, lmao. Dark Ifrit is easy. I just don't like that stupid Yevonite summoner. Posing as an Al Bhed, pretending to be looking for her lost child, trying to earn sympathy she doesn't deserve, even freaking speaking Al Bhed. Eh, that's despicable lor. If you want to strike, underhanded means is not a way to go. Just bring it head-on lah, come on!

Next on the list was Dark Ixion, hiding in the Thunder Plains (I once ran into it while hunting for monsters there and fled like a chicken :x). Lol, because there were two summoners there who can summon Dark Ixion, an old man and an ugly kid, you had to fight Dark Ixion twice. It doesn't matter to me, Dark Ixion is damn easy anyway. I like how the guide said that, "Now that big summoner is down, you need to spank the kid." XD!

Dark Shiva was extremely easy as well. And again, watch out for the horde of Guado Guardians rushing at you, rofl! Thanks to them, I was camping there with my Taming Sword, Catcher and Beastmaster (Tidus', Wakka's and Auron's weapons with Auto-Ability Capture) and managed to catch a lot of monsters from Macalania! XD! I would appreciate it if their summoning animations could be sped up a little though. XP

...I seriously pity Dark Shiva, since I placed more importance and emphasis on those pathetic Guado doing kamikaze attacks on you and left just seven words of comment about her. XD

Dark Magus Sisters was next on my to-kill list, reason simply being that both Dark Anima and Dark Yojimbo are in ulu places, namely Mt. Gagazet and Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. XD Now come to think of it, I prefer the list of destinations you can go to from on board the airship in Final Fantasy X-2 compared to that in Final Fantasy X. You can't go to Mushroom Rock Road in FFX (well, technically you can, but only in a small area there to obtain Rikku's Godhand, and you can't get out of there other than to board the airship. What's the purpose? ), so you have to land in Mi'ihen Highroad and ride a Chocobo to Mushroom Rock Road, lol! Whereas in Final Fantasy X-2, you just have to select "Mushroom Rock Road", and whoosh, you are right there already. Convenient. ;D

Dark Magus Sisters were rather difficult, I have to admit, because I suck in that "Getting Away" mini-game, lol. No matter how I freaking run, I always get caught by the three of them, and stuck to battle all three of the Dark Magus Sisters, with their Overdrive bars full. =.= In my third try (yeah, I died twice. Pathetic, huh? XD), I had Yuna summon Magus Sisters as meat shields, lmao. Magus Sisters vs. Dark Magus Sisters, even more rofl. XP

After the Magus Sisters got hit by a freaking Delta Attack and went to the Farplane together (lol), I noticed that Mindy (you know, the small, short and cute one? XD) has got the lowest HP, so I figured that it must be the same with Dark Mindy as well. Since Delta Attack was the only attack that would mean a definite Game Over (it dispels Auto-Life as well, dammit) and could only be used when all three of the Dark Magus Sisters are still standing and with their Overdrive bars full, I decided that the best strategy to cripple such a destructive attack would be to quickly kill one of the three Dark Magus Sisters first. And since Dark Mindy has the lowest HP... *cracks fist* Well, it was relatively easy once Dark Mindy was gone. I just had to balance my turns casting Curaga and Quick Hits.

Dark Yojimbo was next. Having to kill it for five times was a bit ridiculous, hehheh. I hate its Wakizashi, lol. Hits all three of my characters for 11,000+ damage, instant game over, damn it. I initially used Auto-Life to counter Wakizashi, but the MP cost was too huge to handle, lol, so I instead used a combination of Sentinel (to reduce the damage to around 6,000) and Auto-Phoenix, haha. It worked... until Zanmato. -______-

Zanmato is an instant Game Over, no need see, good game. =.= It dispels Auto-Life, shit, zzz, aiya, die means die lah, what you want? =.= Good thing Dark Yojimbo has rather low HP, and only does Zanmato when its Overdrive bar is full. Hack and slash away before Zanmato comes!

And finally, last on the to-kill list before Penance, is Dark Anima. Again, it's rather easy, since only Oblivion hits multiple targets, which Auto-Life can easily reverse. In other words, with Auto-Life before Oblivion and Auto-Phoenix during other times, the battle is as good as yours. It's rather annoying that Oblivion reduces your MP to zero as well, so you can't spam Quick Hit or Curaga, lol. I first had used Megalixir to counter Oblivion, but later on, I just used one of Yuna's aeons as a meat shield, haha. :P

As for Penance, shit, I got my ass kicked. -.-

No comments: