Friday, April 18, 2008

Freshman Orientation Day 3

And then it's finally day 3. We were supposed to reach school and report at 9am, so I left my house at 8am. Hyuu~! Bus 291 came immediately, so I didn't have to wait, haha. Reached Tampines Bus Interchange at 8.15am and KK saw me there, haha. He was going to TP with his friend from another school, so I went ahead alone first. I looked it up and found out that via bus 69, TP is seven bus stops away from the interchange, while bus 23 is only five bus stops away, so I decided to take 23. But freaking hell, waited for the bus for half an hour and reached TP at exactly 9am. ;_; I'm taking 69 next time if I have to choose between 23 and 69, lol.

Reached the LT, where they are watching videos on YouTube while waiting for the rest. The four of us (namely me, Yong Han, Aaron and KK) were entertaining ourselves by swapping phone numbers and taking photos of each other, lol.



Tried to take a photo of KK, but it all turned out weird lol!



This one is much better, haha. Notice Jian Shun sitting in the background. The pwnager in scissors-paper-stone with six freaking winning streaks who likes to tag "pl0x?" behind his sentences. XD!



And this one is of Aaron, lol!



Aaron took this photo of Yong Han and me while I was adding my handphone number into Yong Han's phone, haha. Notice the guy staring at the camera at the extreme right of the photo. He's the one who was sitting alone during yesterday's lunch and whom I joined after my four mates finished their meals and left to buy drinks, but he went away and left me alone. D:

After that, we went to another LT to listen to a briefing from our CP (or Care Person for short), but while waiting for our CP to come, we were shown a few videos on YouTube, lol. I like this one of someone singing D-tecnoLife (second opening of Bleach) while another guy keeps walking past the camera. XD

The CP comes at last, but ugh, his accent (he's an American, I believe), together with how soft he is speaking, made it so that he is pretty incomprehensible, and we often ended up having to ask each other what he just said, lol! After that, they gave out T-shirts, yay! I wanted a "L" size, but there were only three of them, lol, so I was given an "XL" instead. Poor Jian Shun. He got a "XXL", the largest available, and it was still so tight for him! So tight that his nipples can be obviously seen!!

Next, we were supposed to go to a computer lab, but somehow, we got stuck at the corridor, probably because it is unsure whether which computer lab we can occupy, or something like that. Along the same corridor is the games room, where we from our course of Games & Entertainment Technology get to come two hours a week to play games, whoohooo! Well, I heard that you can come anytime you like, but hmmm, you have to maintain a GPA of at least 3.2. Well, I'll work hard! :)

Oh, and did I mention that there were a bunch of people from our care group standing outside the games room, looking through the transparent doors made of glass, staring at the people inside playing games and literally drooling? Sigh... *slaps forehead* I was hanging out with a group of people away from those horny assholes, leaning against a wall, lol. KK was asking around whether Cabal was fun to play or not, and Shun Jian replied, "Cabal sucks pl0x?" And guess what? He said he managed to play until level 80... And here I am, quitting at level 9 because I find the game boring... -.-

After waiting for quite some time, whoohoo, we finally get to use the computer lab! Whoa, Windows Vista Business there, cool! XD I quickly customized the theme to made it look like my own laptop's. XP With the same background, the same Windows Aero theme, the same Windows Sidebar, even the same gadgets, etc., haha. :P

After that was lunch. Again, we were eating at Applied Science School, because oh, it was sad that there is no place in the IT school for us to have lunch. -___- I saw Kuan Hon there too, haha, and had a little chat with him. Damn, their lunch looks much better than ours... ;_;

We went back to the LT after lunch, and hahaha, they were showing a certain Naruto episode on the visualizer. I don't know what episode it is (I don't watch Naruto anime, I only read the manga. Okay, okay, I watched the three episodes in the Sasuke Retrieval arc where Naruto and Sasuke fought, but that's it), but Kakashi was explaining about elemental manipulation to Naruto so the latter can upgrade his Rasengan by adding elemental chakra into it, as Naruto's father Namikaze Minato and the fourth Hokage had hoped, and thus forming the Fuuton: Rasengan and Fuuton: Rasenshuriken, lol.

That sparked off a Naruto discussion between Yong Han and me, haha. XD! Come to think of it, the Rasengan has a really nice history, lol, and seems to be the Jutsu in Naruto with the richest history. First, Namikaze Minato, the fourth Hokage, created the Rasengan as the ultimate example of the highest level of chakra form manipulation. He also had intended to combine it with nature elemental manipulation, but inserting his own elemental chakra into it, but he failed to do so and died before he ever achieved it, lol.

Before he died, he taught the Rasengan to Jiraiya, his teacher, and to Kakashi, his student. Both Jiraiya and Kakashi tried to do what Minato cannot - combining chakra form manipulation with nature elemental manipulation, and create the ultimate Rasengan, but both of them failed to do so, lol (though Jiraiya did managed to accomplish it in the video games, creating a Katon: Gouen Rasengan, though it's, well, non-canon).

Then Jiraiya taught Naruto the Rasengan, and also taught him how to improve it further. Naruto managed to develop the Rasengan further, with Jiraiya's tutorlage, forming the Oodama Rasengan. He also, with the aid of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox's chakra, formed a Kyuubi Rasengan. And finally, Kakashi taught him to try and add his own wind elemental chakra into a Rasengan...

And with the help of his Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, Naruto managed to evolve the Rasengan up one step to form the Fuuton: Rasengan, and finally, developed his own variation of the Fuuton: Rasengan by manipulating the wind chakra inside a Fuuton: Rasengan to form the ultimate Fuuton: Rasenshuriken. But boo boo, Tsunade decreed the Fuuton: Rasenshuriken as a Kinjutsu! It got banned and Naruto can't use it! Boo boo!

Naruto should hurry up and try to master manipulating chakra of other elements beside his own wind elemental, lol, in order to create additional variations of the Rasengan. Sasuke's got two already since a long time ago, lol, fire (the Uchiha clan is, after all, famous for their fire-elemental jutsu and their Sharingan) and lightning (which Kakashi taught him the Chidori and which Sasuke improved on to create more variations of Chidori lol), so I don't see how Naruto can't have more. But then again, thinking that Kakashi stated that Jounin are able to use at least two elements, I find it rather pathetic that Sasuke is still a Genin, lol. Same goes with Naruto. He accomplishes what a Hokage cannot, and is still a Genin as well? The ninja ranking system is totally fucked up.

Argh, enough ranting about Naruto!

After everyone got back from lunch, we learnt... more cheers, yay. D: Turns out there was a sport events among the various different schools later. Sigh... We went to the Sports Complex later, where it was freaking cramped, and still had to cheer our lungs out. Sigh... Boring pl0x? Though, there was a certain event that the IT school won, pwning the other schools by a huge margin, and I SMSed Vernon (who's wearing purple sitting with his other friends from the Engineering School) and Faizal (who I thought was also watching the race with his other friends from the Design School, but meh, turns out he pontang it. -.-

After that, we had to go to Bedok RESERVoir Reservoir (:P) to watch some dragon boating. As we had to cross a bridge to get to the reservoir, and there was a really, really huge number of people getting there, but yet the bridge is so small only a limited number of people can walk on it, we from the IT School had to wait near the bridge while letting the people from Business School wearing yellow go first, lol. Listening to everyone saying that the Business School is the school filled with cute gals, I was scanning the crowd walking past with my Sharingan, mwahahaha. Not that it's difficult to do so. Those idiots from my school were gathering around a drum and cheering (as if they didn't freaking cheer enough... -.-), so it was easy to get out of the crowd, stand at a corner and watch the girls of Business School walk past. :P

Oh, and lol, while watching the crowd, guess who my Sharingan spotted? Hiok Joo! Hahaha. She was wearing a really short ponytail, lol, so I SMSed her, "Cute ponytail there", hehe. :P Pity she didn't see me, lol. Oh, and it reminded me of a certain quote...
"俺、実はポニーテール萌えなんだ。いつだったか、お前のポニーテールは反則的なまでに似合ってたぞ。 (Ore, jitsu wa poniiteeru moe nanda. Itsu datta ka, omae no poniiteeru wa hansoku teki namadeni jiautte tazo.; Actually... Ponytails turn me on. The ponytail you had back whenever... looked so good it was criminal.)"
-Kyon, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
XD!

Oh, and it was damn boring after we crossed the bridge and got there pl0x? Sitting down at the grass, crowded and cramped, with spiders crawling up our pants, freaking hell... I took a few pictures initially, because the reservoir looked calm, serene and beautiful, haha.







But no longer after a while... They freaking spoilt the beauty and serenity of this place with their loud cheers and screams. -.-



Think I was paying attention to the dragon boat? Wrong. I was paying attention to the hill of grass in the horizon. XP

Melvin, another person from my care group whom I observed was extremely quiet throughout the orientation and doesn't really seem to like interacting with others, was sitting beside me, and lol, he was plucking leaves and grasses in boredom, and giving me the leaves. o_O Being rather bored, I took a photo of me holding one of the leaves he gave me with the whole field of leaves in the background, lmao.



It was damn boring, man, though the lollipops they gave us did shut us up for a while... until I really got too frustrated of the boredom I just had to leave and slack around somewhere much less crowded. I thought that Yong Han, who was also sitting beside me, would be too kuai kuai to try and pontang, especially since he does look like Sean, who is exactly that sort of type of person, lol! Instead, I asked Melvin, and after spending some time convincing him without alerting the OLs standing in front of us (we were sitting right at the first row! *gulps*), we managed to get the hell out.

I tried to get Vernon in with us too, but the OLs at the Engineering School are such mother fucking assholes. Two of them refused to let Vernon go, no matter what, and it pissed me off so much I almost wanted to kick one of those bastards in the nuts. Damn, I didn't though. I'm getting weaker and weaker. Reminds me of a certain quote from Captain Tsubasa, lol.
"Long time no see, Kojirou, you have grown extremely kind. Now you're like a tiger without fangs, locked up in a cage! Indeed... Don't you get it, Kojirou? Since you're in Toho, you have grown too kind. On the ground, you had pity for Misugi. Because of that, you have lost the ball, and Musashi has down a swift attack, you didn't even go back to defend. You can thank Wakashimazu for his fine play, because you would have been responsible if they scored! I don't think I have taught you to practice such soccer. Kojirou, once you're on the ground, there is no place for pity! Not only that, you must be severe!! On the old days, in the same situation, you would have smashed Misugi's heart to get to the goal!! Ever since you're in Toho, you can focus on soccer, without anything else in your mind. But on the other side, you lost your hungry heart. As a consequence, your burning fighting spirit is now extinguished. Before, you had to work as a newspaper delivery boy everyday after having trained hard, to help your family. For this reason, everyone had a great regard for you. Sawada and Wakashimazu have chosen to follow you and applied to Toho, but they, and other players, won't follow you like today if this goes on. And you won't be able to reach Oozora Tsubasa who steadily applies his abilities in the accomplishment of his dream either! Now I'm a coach in a soccer school in Okinawa, which is not yet developed in soccer. If you don't wanna be beaten a third time in a row, no, a fourth since grade school, by Oozora Tsubasa, then you're welcome there."
-Coach Kira, Captain Tsubasa
Whoa. Fucking long quote there. XP But hmmm, a tiger without fangs, locked up in a cage... Oh well.

I went into TP campus to find Melvin, who went ahead while I went to try and get Vernon, and managed to find him at the entrance of the library, lol. We went and explored the Design School (he heard that the food from the canteens there is the best, so he wanted to check it out) and the library together, haha, and I took a few photos of the scenery as well, haha.





We went back at 5.30pm, a bit too early though. The event hasn't end yet, and we were forced to hang around a bit more. The Business School won again, for apparently the fourth time in a row. Of course, they would. *turns around and glances through the girls and guys wearing yellow* *turns back and glances through the guys wearing blue* There are just so many girls in Business School compared to the other schools! That so obviously explains their high morale!!

And the announcer said that we from the other schools shouldn't worry, since "the day that the kingdom would fall would come!" Yeah, right. The day the kingdom would fall is the day the Temasek Informatics & IT School would be filled with gals, and believe me, that day will not come!!

I saw Chin Kiat hanging around too, lol.

After that, we went back to the LT for debriefing. Oh gosh, the lollipops they gave us dyed our tongues with colours! How disgusting!! And there was this guy (I should really ask for his name. He's hanging out with me so many times, and yet I always refer to him as "the guy whom I don't know his name" -.-) who was proudly showing off his tongue colour. Heck, look at what he even did.



And lol at Aaron, he's doing the "換衣服の術 (Clothes Changing Technique)" again!! XD [I forgot to mention it, but after we were given the T-shirt (which was after our Care Person talking to us) but before we were told to change into it, Aaron was changing into that T-shirt and then back into his own T-shirt like six times, lol! It's like he wears the T-shirt he wants to change into, pulls his arms inside, somehow removes the T-shirt in the inner layer and then pull it out!]



This time, he put both hands into his T-shirt instead of one, lol, so KK prompted me to take another, but this time, he would try to kick me, lol, so I had to continously move backwards while he subsequently followed and moved forwards, trying to kick me. Hence resulting in a blurry picture as this. XD



Thought I would take another photo again after sitting down at my place, lol. Somehow, KK went into the photo as well. XD



And this guy, sitting in front of me. He's not responding when I was tapping his shoulders, so the guy sitting beside him told me that he's either sleeping or dead. I hope it's not the latter. Anyway, it just showed how boring the de-briefing is, lol. Then again, with me going around shooting photos, I guess everyone can just understand how freaking boring it is.



And before we left, a sort of class photo (you might have noticed that I sometimes use the term "class" instead of "care group". Oh well, I'm still more used to "class" :P), except the OLs jumped in. Notice that the two girls in our class were also absent. No wonder our morales were so low. ):



I went to meet up with Vernon at the central of the TP campus before we left to have dinner together. The bus stop across the road was crowded, lol, so we walked to Block 831 and took bus 291 there, intending to take it to Tampines Mart to have dinner at McDonald's there. Two bus stops later, I saw my classmate (this guy. I should seriously ask for his name on Monday) board the bus, and we were both like, "Oi! Why the fuck are you here?!" XD!

Turns out the bus stop he boarded at, near Block 823, was much closer to TP than Block 831's, lol. But since Block 831 is two bus stops before Block 823, you can get seats in advance if you board the bus at the former bus stop, haha. So if there aren't anyone, board the bus at Block 823's bus stop. If the bus stop at Block 823 is crowded and packed full, go to Block 831, and you can almost be guaranteed a seat. Haha, I'm so smart in figuring that out. XP

Upon reaching Ngee Ann Secondary School, I was reminded of my 'O' level certificate, and asked Vernon if he got his or not. Like me, he hasn't get his yet, and I believe that we are supposed to go back to our schools to take. Thinking that yesterday, while heading home at 8pm, I walked home passing said school and saw that there were still people in there, so we thought that it might be the same thing today too, haha. But nope, we were too optimistic. Nobody there at all. We ended up walking to Tampines Mart, haha. Saw this along the way and took a photo. o.O



Went to Tampines Mart and ate McDonald's with Vernon, lol. Thanks to Vernon for buying my meal for me! XD We had a long chat, haha, especially about our orientations, our new classmates (me ranting the fact that there are only two girls...), and about new laptops, since Vernon needs one, lol. We were both feeling very thirsty, especially since the bloody orientation where we had to shout and shout and shout and cheer and cheer and cheer (-________-), so we didn't finish the French fries, since eating them would make us even thirstier, and we were both running low on coca-cola, lol.

Left at about 9.15pm and we went separate ways home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE